1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Questions about party

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Curunir, Oct 23, 2000.

1. Curunir Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

OK, but how does that knighthood test affect to him? What does he get?

And then another question.. is that THAC0 being reduced every second time you level up, and/or are there some differences between classes?

-- Curunir

2. Armin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

If Anomen passes his Knighthood test (read: if you convince him not to run off and avenge his sister blindly, and if your reputation is OK), he'll be awarded the title of "Sir Anomen".
    In game terms, he becomes lawful good (note that despite all his empty bravado and righteousness babble he's actually lawful NEUTRAL to begin with), his wisdom and charisma go up IIRC and some minor changes in other stats, mayhap (he definitely doesn't run away so easily each time he gets scratched after that ;) ).

Thaco goes down depending on class:
    - by one each level for fighters
    - by two all three levels for clerics
    - by one each other level for thiefs
    - by one all uh... 4(?) levels for mages - beats me you simply don't hit anything with mage THAC0 :D

For Anomen that means that once he reaches level 12 as a Cleric his cleric THAC0 will take over, and as he can reach level 21 he should finish with a natural 6, which isn't *much* worse than that of the fighters. All while having fighter hitpoints (only the first 9 levels count and he has 7 fighter levels there) and weapon specialization. IMO he's a VERY good character (annoying arrogant, boisterous fool, though, but my bad girl is about to cure that ;P)

3. Tommyboy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Armin shares the same points as me. Ano is just a great all around character. It basically comes down to this, You can throw him in the front line, he can cast a large amount of spells (offensive and defensive), and hes got quite a bit of hit points.

My ano is now about 12th or 13th level cleric. He can cast 7th level spells. (really cool ones too) He has an AC of -3 with just flail of the ages, drow shield +3, Ankheg Shell Armor, and a cloak that gives him a +1 to AC. He hits about 80% of the time. Im not sure exactly what his thaco is, but it is very decent. He hits about as much as Minsc without any Thaco boosting items. He raises my dead characters, heals them all, and on top of that, he woops ass with his flail in combat. Trust me on this one, you cannot go wrong with him.

Hope that helps.

p.s. Get the flail in the D'Arnise quest and give it to him. He will wear it well into chapter 6, maybe even further.

***spoiler***

You have to collect the shaft of the flail, along with the three heads. (fire, acid, cold) They are located throughout the castle on the first and second floor. Take all the pieces through the secret door just to left of the secret entrance of the castle. Continue that way and go right. You will find an altar type thing that you can piece the flail together on. It is on the first floor.

Oh, and about the Keldorn thing, you don't have to use him right away. If you choose to use someone else, Keldorn will wait in the Order of the Radiant Heart at the very back. He will be there until you leave athkatlia (sp?)

Good luck

4. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The Flail of Ages +3 is one of my best weapons at the moment and is one I'll no doubt keep for a long time. It's well worth hunting for it in De'Arnise Hold.

Syl...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.