1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Questions about inventory, NPC's, side quests, chapters etc (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Blue, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Blue Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

1. Have heard there are 3 chapters in NWN2. If you miss a sidequest during chapter 1, will it be available for you in later chapters?

2. Have just finished the Old Owl Well orc quests (I think). Is this end of chapter 1? If not, is much left?

3. I like to take all the side quests I can find, but its difficult to find out if I'm missing any. I have a feeling I've missed several already. Is there a walkthru etc. that lists available side quests?

4. Do all joinable NPC's have issues/side quests, like i.e. Khelgar, Elanee and Neeshka do? If not, who have, and who haven't? (Who do I need to take for a walk with my party to trigger their quest/issue, and who can I leave at the Flagon if I don't like them?)

5. Spesifically: Does that bardic gnome have any issue/quest? Taking him for a walk or talking to him doesn't seem to trigger anything, and I don't want to keep him in my party if he doesn't have a quest.

6. Suddenly, a swamp cave turned up on my map - what/who is it for? Elanee didn't seem to know about it, and running thru it didn't give much, so how and why is it there? Is it part of some later quest?

7. World map: Can we travel between all previous locations during all chapters, or will chapter 2 start with a clean slate or something?

8. Will side quests turn up at locations you have already been through, meaning: Is it necessary to travel back to previous locations whenever you get a new NPC, in case he/she will trigger something new?

9. If I go through quests without certain NPC's (because they seem unimportant to the quest), will I then be missing out on important internal dialogue that may trigger new topics? Should all NPC combinations be circulated in every quest to make sure?

10. Are NPC's quests like in NWN 1, where NPC's spawn more info and have new quests in each chapter, or are they settled once and for all?

11. Where do I stash stuff I want to keep? What's the use for the "Personal room" at the Flagon, when it doesn't even contain a cupboard etc. for unloading heavy stuff I don't want to keep carrying around but don't want to sell? Can things be kept on the floor, or do they dissappear after a while? Will there be places for stashing stuff in my Keep when I get it?

12. Inventory sorting: Where can I get magical bags? In NWN 1 there were a lot of them, which helped sort the inventory. I have only found two so far, and although they can take a lot, they quickly become a real mess of everything and anything, and take an age to sift thru when looking for something. Besides, they get really heavy, which makes it difficult to fill them up anyway. I'd rather have more of them, with less in each bag. Is it possible to create some with the Console?

13. Will the NPC's, once they have joined me, stay with me through the game, or will I lose some of them (by the end of their side quest etc)? In other words: When must I strip them of all valuable belongings because they will run off with my things during the next cut scene? :p

14. I want Sand! When can I get him? Does he have a quest too?

15. Is there any way to see how my alignment is doing - i.e. how much more points it takes before it changes? I try to be chaotic good, but I keep getting lawful points...

16. The same with NPC's: How do I keep track of how much influence I have gained/lost with each of them? Sometimes, sucking up to one of them means loosing pts with one of the other, which means even less chance of getting them to talk about their issues... :bang:

2. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

MAJOR spoilers below:

1. No. Complete them in the chapter you get it.
    2. Not much. You're nearing Chap 2.
    3. I think gamebanshee's is fairly complete now.
    4. Most do, though most are minor and optional.
    5. The gnome's quest is rebuilding/repairing the Construct, who becomes an available party member after he's been repaired. He can then be further repaired with the gnome's help in later chapters.
    6. Swamp Cave is an optional little side area.
    7. No. Some areas disappear for good; others become temporarily unavailable.
    8. Yes! Take the gnome back to the goblin cave with the glowing green water in Chapter 3.
    9. Yes! See #8.
    10. New stuff comes up in later chapters, yes.
    11. The crafting benches.
    12. There are certainly more than 2 that can be bought, but inventory management is a real pain.
    13. Eh... major spoiler I guess but at the very end you might lose a few. The druid might leave you at some point in Chapter 3 if your influence with her isn't high enough and the ranger will always leave you at the end. Neeshka might leave you at the end (and fight against you!)
    14. At the start of Chapter 2. Gain more influence with him than Qara or he'll abandon you at the very end (and fight against you!)
    15. I suppose there's a console command but I don't know.
    16. There is a console command you can type in but I can't recall. Search bioware's forums.

3. Ganz Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Just adding to what Sir Fink has already said. *Spoiler warning*

Gamespot has a complete walkthrough too. So does Gamefaqs.

Only a few of the NPCs has significant quests, like Khelgar (help him become a monk, or not - this is optional, and he later helps you to get allies), Neeshka (her shady past with Leldon, they are scripted if you take her out for strolls around Neverwinter), Elanee (look for a wounded wolf in the centre of the Dock's District hidden in a side lane, later to help you try to get allies, you'll need her to talk to a giant spider also) and Qara (like Neeshka, her quests are scripted if you take her around Neverwinter). Other NPCs are foisted on you to help you along the storyline - Casavir with Old Owl Well; Grobnar (his usefulness is only obvious later) with the Construct and interpreting gnome-talk in Port Llast in Chapter 3 and trying to get allies; Sand with an investigation; Bishop as a tracker guide on more than one occasion; Shandra to help you get into a warlock's haven; Ammon to tell you where to go to get info to reform the shards; and Zhjaeve to show you how to reform the shards.

I believe that swamp cave is the one that appeared after you left Weeping Willow Inn. If you talk to the Innkeeper and ask him about the lizard menace, he'll tell you that the lizards seem to come from the east - the cave is their lair. I managed to get a good morning star with fire damage from there which was useful for quite a while.

Because of the limit to party size, it's inevitable that you will not be able to get every possible dialogue or maximize your influence with everyone. Such is life in the Forgotten Realms :p . You might want a second playthrough for a different experience.

I would warn against storing items in the Flagon as I remember reading somewhere that it is reset after the trial. Safest to take the things out just before the trial and distribute them amongst your companions.

I was a pack rat in my playthrough but have since found that you can sell most items as you find progressively better items or can craft better ones. Anyway you will need plenty of cash to build up your Keep later so might as well start converting them to cash now.

I have only found one bag of holding (minus 100% weight of items stored inside) in the game (Gamespot's guide missed this). When you get your Keep, building the War Room wing (forgot which room exactly) will net you a key which you can use later to unlock a chest in your bedroom (which you also have to build) to get the bag of holding. This was a heaven sent because my encumbrance problems were solved. But as Sir Fink said, inventory management is still a pain due to their implementation of the way things are sorted in the bags (for example, taking one thing out causes the window to scroll back to the top of the list :rolleyes: )

4. Blue Gems: 7/31

I had no idea there were walkthrus at other sites. They really helped a lot in making sure I get all the quests. Thanks! :thumb:

Oh yeah, the inventory is awful, but the major pain is the shops when selling off things after a raid. Not only do I have the tedious task of scrolling and picking the items out of the magic bags one by one to get them back into the inventory for sale, but then it only allows selling one thing at a time. Having to click three times for each sale - first doubleclick to mark it for sale, and then one more click at that "are you sure you want to sell" screen, is going to give me tendinitis! :mad:

[ January 24, 2007, 04:38: Message edited by: Blue ]

5. Sir Slayer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I hope I'll have the option to "lose" Quara. :) From the moment I met her, I'm having an urge to beat the crap out of her. I just can't stand that arrogant b***h! (And she's ugly as hell.)

6. Blue Gems: 7/31

As far as I understand, you can simply avoid chosing her for your party when you leave the Sunken Flagon. Especially if you have another character that can do spellcasting for you. My main character happened to be a sorcerer already, so I don't need her at all! :)

(Except for those times when I want to experience some of her special events.) ;)

7. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Witht he latest patches there has come an option to disable the confirmation dialogue. Its in the options menu... can't remember the tab but you can't miss it (in the tab its near the top left)

8. Vita Morte Cardios Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

A couple of questions on the game that seems to be bothering me, actually its practically 1 questions that may resolve the other, so:

1. Talking/Attacking People, since there is no talk/attack button is there a short cut for that?

I ask, mostly because I want to talk to NPCs like in NWN1 in my party, but it seems I can only do this while they are OUT of my party...

2. So that means I have to walk out of the tavern to select new party members, then walk back in to talk to them? Annoyance to the max, if true.

9. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

You can't talk to people in your party. It is by game design. It shouldn't be neccessary either. You are their leader so they must follow your orders like dogs!

No I am pulling your leg :D

Right click the NPC you want to talk to in your party, and keep the button down until a menu shown. Then you can choose the option Talk To.

Of course that works with every other NPC also.

The option Attack is normally shown also, but not in some areas. Some areas are not PvP areas and the NPC's are registered as friendly, so you can't attack there.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.