1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Question about Imoen

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Selannii, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Put a Ring of Lock Picking and a Ring of Danger Sense on her, and that solved all my thieving needs.

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    It all depends on what you need your thief to do. If all you need them for is to disarm traps and pick locks, Imoen will do. If however, you want your thief to be able to backstab, pickpockets, dispel illusions in addition to disarming traps and picking locks, Imoen isn't gonig to cut it. Imoen supplies the most basic of thieving skills, as the game becomes significantly more difficult if you can't disarm traps and pick locks (unless you want to use your level two spells on knock).

3. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

As a charakter she sucks. She wines even more then Aerie. I like Aerie, but I hate Imoen. But this is probably due to the fact that I've never really played BG1

4. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

LOL@ Niz!

Imoen isn't bad in BG2, but she's annoying as anything in BG1!

5. Capt Massacre Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Please! I love her!
    Why did these Star Wars like designers maker her the PC's half-sister? In BG1 I saw her as a sort of grilfriend. So I agree that she sucks as an NPC, but because I had other expectations.
    AND she's a good thief and mage in BG2. The most important skills for a thief are disarm traps and picklock, the rest is optionnal. And she's good in those fields.

6. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Then get the Immy romance.

7. Capt Massacre Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Yes, good idea, but I currently don't have TOB, only SOA, and TOB is required in this mod. Plus I have the french game, the mod is in english, that would be weird.

8. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Try playing a swashbuckler, they rock.
    Use as archer or melee support trooper, and you can skip the thief out of your party + can be any alignment from a role-playing perspective (Robin Hood kind of guy or evil bandit person)

9. Lutheo Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Veteran

If you play Immy right she can be a pretty good mage...

10. Korick Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Personally, I take Imoen and Nalia both in my party; I leave Boo (the brains) and Minsc in the Ranger’s Stronghold, to take care of the town just before I go to SpellHold. In addition, The Imoen Romance is probably the best-written MOD out there (personal opinion). IF you have a problem with the Imoen Romance remember nearly all of the Greek gods married the brother/sister or very close relative. In addition, the only way I can reconcile the Bhaal spawn being so many different races is Bhaal is not the biological father but rather a piece of his divine essence was placed in the infant child to take over the body and gain power to restore the dead Bhaal. Plus Nalia can use a bow which is a great help.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.