1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Purple Dragon knight 2nd ED?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Maurolava, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

@ Raptor:

I did not know that when I first asked, I only saw the name somewhere (Don't remember where) and really thought that it referred to a class about or around Dragons. Now I know :)
    And you right, that wasn't what I'm looking for.

@ Ilmater's Suffering:

That is some great information. :thumb: I specially like the "Platinum Knight". I curious to what a Vassal of Bahamut is, but other wise the Platinum is great.

2. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Vassal of Bahamut
    Most of Bahamut's emissaries are dutiful and mighty metallic dragons. Occassionally, however, Bahamut finds a nondraconic champion whose reverence of good dragons is unshakable, and whose hatred of evil dragons rivals that of the purest gold dragons-a force of good so strong that Bahamut feels moved to offer this champion a place in his court.
    Hit Dice: d10

Requirements
    Alignment: Lawful good
    Base Attack Bonus: +7
    Skills: Craft (armorsmithing) 5 ranks, Diplomacy 5 ranks
    Feats: Sacred Vow, Vow of Obedience
    Special: The character must have single-handedly slain a juvenile (or older) red dragon.

Class Skills
    Bluff, Concentration, Craft (armorsmithing), Craft (weaponsmithing), Diplomacy, Heal, Intimidate, Knowledge (nobility and royalty), Knowledge (religion), Ride, and Sense Motive
    Skill points at each level: 2 + Int modifier

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Proficient with all simple and martial weapons, all types of armor and shields (except tower shields).

BAB is equal to Fighter, good Fort saves, poor reflex and will saves.

Special
    1st: Imperious aura, platinum armor
    2nd: Dragon senses, shared trove
    3rd: Bonus feat
    4th: Dragonwrack (+2d6/1d6)
    5th: Shared trove
    6th: Bonus feat
    7th: Dragonwrack (+3d6/1d6)
    8th: Shared trove
    9th: Bonus feat
    10th: Dragonwrack (+4d6/2d6)

Imperious aura (Ex): Good dragons are naturally well-disposed toward a vassal of Bahamut, while evil dragons are cowed by his presence. The vassal of Bahamut gains a bonus equal to his class level on all Charisma-based skill checks made against dragons and dragon-type creatures.

Platinum armor: A vassal of Bahamut is granted the ability to create platinum scale mail. The vassal starts with scales from a slain juvenile (or older) red dragon and works them for 2 days per character level. During this time, the vassal must not engage in any other activities other then eating or sleeping. At the end of this period, the red dragon scales transform into glistening platinum scales. The finished masterwork suite of armor weighs 25 pounds and confers a +8 armor bonus. It's other properties are as a masterwork chain shirt.
    Only the vassal of Bahamut may wear the platinum armor, which instantly corrodes and turns into powder if donned by another creature. A vassal can replace a lost suite using the methods above, but can craft no more then one set at a time.
    The vassal's platinum armor may be enchanced using the standard item creation feats.

Dragon Senses (Ex): Vassal can see 4 times farther in low light then humans, twice as far in normal light. Vassal also gains darkvision out to 120 ft.

Shared trove: A vassal of Bahamut receives a modest lump sum reward for his loyal service. The reward magically appears before the vassal-a mound of platinum coins delivered straight from Bahamut's celestial treasure vault.
    Number of coins received is 100 x vassal of Bahamut's character level. The vassal may spend this money as he sees fight so long as it goes to a good or righteous cause. If money spent frivolously or unwisely, Bahamut sends a loyal representative (typically a gold dragon in alternate form) to demand repayment. Spending the money to improve one's personal equipment is neither frivolous or unwise.

Bonus feat: Feat must be drawn form this list and vassal must meet all prerequisites for the feat: Blind-Fight, Cleave, Combat Reflexes, Exalted Smite, Gift of Faith, Gift of Grace, Great Cleave, Great Fortitude, Hands of a Healer, Holy Radiance, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Overrun, Improved Sunder, Iron Will, Lightening Reflexes, Negotiator, Nemesis, Nimbus of Light, Persuasive, Power Attack, Righteous Wrath, Sanctify Weapon, Weapon Focus.

Dragonwrack: Evil dragons that strike of vassal of Bahamut or are struck by him suffer grievous wounds. Of the parenthesized numbers, the first number indicated the amount of extra damage dealt to evil creatures of the dragon type when struck by a vassal of Bahamut in melee combat and the second number indicates the damage dealt when a evil creature of the dragon type strikes a vassal of Bahamut with a natural weapon. Half of the damage dealt through dragonwrack is permanent hit point drain. A dragon that survives a battle against a vassal of Bahamut often bears terrible scars from the permanent drain of hit points. Only wish or miracle can restore hit points lost this way to dragonwrack.

Spells: Wisdom based casting, divine caster. Spell levels 1-4

2nd: 0
    3rd: 1/0
    4th: 1/1
    5th: 1/1/0
    6th: 1/1/1
    7th: 2/1/1/0
    8th: 2/2/1/1
    9th: 2/2/1/1
    10th: 2/2/2/1

Vassal of Bahamut spell list
    1st: bless, bless weapon, divine favor, endure elements, lantern light, protection from evil, shield of faith
    2nd: align weapon, bear's endurance, bull's strength, change self, resist energy, shield other, undetectable alignment
    3rd: discern lies, magic circle against evil, protection from energy, refreshment, searing light
    4th: dispel evil, divination, divine power, holy sword, tongues

3. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

@ Ilmater's Suffering:

Thank you very much for all the information, I really appreciate it. :)

@ Fel:

Do you have any information in 2nd. ED that looks like the Platinum Knight or Vassal of Bahamut?

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Well, the Wyrmslayer seems to be in league with good dragons while tracking down and slaying the evil ones, and there are some dragon-based benefits. But I'm guessing that's not what you're looking for.

...Hmm, there's an idea. I was looking in my Dragon campaign boxed set lately for info on half-dragons and such for someone who wanted to make a character who was .0001% dragon, or something like that, and there's something in there called "kindred". Basically they're demi-humans (so no paladins) who live with the dragons as anything between vassals and slaves; only the longer-lived races get any chance to actually build a relationship.

There isn't any real kit or anything, they're basically just normal elves, gnomes and dwarves who live with (and serve, mostly) the dragons. Each dragon race has its own order of preference among the three: brass dragons, for example, like elves but dislike gnomes, while gold dragons like gnomes but don't dislike either elves or dwarves.

Then there are the four saurial (dinosaur) races from the Complete Book of Humanoids, one of which (finhead) can become paladins, of a sort.

For Dragonlance stuff, it's pretty slim pickings. The era of the setting that my book is from is very dragon-free, so the closest I can come are the Knights of Solamnia, with the Order of the Rose in particular. They don't really venerate dragons that much (in the absence of any actual proof that dragons still exist), but the Order of the Rose's patron deity is Paladine, the greatest of the Good pantheon and the father of all good dragons, and when the dragons come back they do ride them into battle against the Knights of Takhisis.

5. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I belive purple dragon knights are a kit in 2ed. I remember seeing them in the cormyr source book. I think you can download that book for free at the wizards site. Str adn charisma were the ones you had to have a certain amount of points in I belive.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.