1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Protection from Magic scroll

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Yogojunzo, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Yogojunzo Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Are there more than 2 of these in BG2. I love these scrolls, as they're great to take out liches, mages, irenicus, etc. by casting it on THEM. (eliminates all their spell protections plus prevents them from casting any more spells).

However, I could only find two at Ribald's store. Does anyone know where I can find more?

2. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I dont remember finding any in the rest of the game but it could be that I simply missed them. I too have used that tactick on a mage befor and it works very well. I just wish there where more scrolls of it around.

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    nope, iirc there are only two of them ... so handle them with care ;) ...

4. Lord Sarevok Guest

Wow, I never thought of casting protection scrolls on someone like that! Now all of those cursed ones have a use...

5. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Hmm, I prefer casting them on myself. My last game I cast one on myself took out kangaxx and ran to the twisted rune and finished that be4 it stopped working

6. I've found up to five or six, IIRC. I believe that a few can be found at temples, and Lady Yuth at the back of The Adventurer Mart.

7. StressedE Gems: 15/31

Maybe you have something unofficial installed? I finished the game many a time but only found 2

8. I had the Bonus Merchants installed, and something with the romances that I didn't want, but didn't bother to delete. Otherwise, it was BGII, pure and uncut. :)

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] No.
    As Ragusa and kemanmaldea said there are only two of those available in SoA.

Lady Yuth does not trade with those nor anyone else except Ribald.
    Plus, there is no place in SoA you can loot those - this means they are NOT included as random treasure!!!

Anyway Yogojunzo, nice tactics! :thumb up:

[EDIT]

Bonus merchs and romance hacks plus I guess some unofficial fixes and ToB and TDD and custom kits and...?
    That's pure and uncut BG2?

Not very likely. :toofar:

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited January 25, 2002).]

10. I never said I ToB, TDD, etc.

11. Lord Sarevok Guest

What's wrong with having ToB installed? It doesn't add Deirde, that patch does, and I don't see how that has any effect on the number of Protection from Magic scrolls you can get...

[This message has been edited by Lord Sarevok (edited January 25, 2002).]

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Have you every read the forum description?

BG2 Forum (this one)

"For posts concerning the second part of the Baldur's Gate saga without the expansion installed. Posting any ToB-related material is not allowed in this forum."

ToB Forum (where this should be if he's got ToB installed)

"Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal
    For posts concerning Baldur's Gate II with the Throne of Bhaal expansion installed. You must post here even if you are playing only the SoA part of the game. Comments and questions welcome!"

This is not debatable. Pure and simple, if you have ToB installed, you post in the ToB forum. And I don't care if you're playing just Irenicus's Dungeon. You will post there. We've had countless posts trying to figure out something and then the poster just casually mentioned that he has ToB installed, which, of course, solved it right away. That's why I made a ToB forum, so that things like that don't happen any more.

13. hairydude Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi there...

I also discovered this little item, and yes it does work wonders.

In reply to where you can find them, I have not come across any more than the 2 I found in the Ad Mart.

But they do work when you have them in the quickslot of your player and use the simalucrum spell on him. This creates a new guy with the spell in his quickslot, you can then use that without having to use the old one!!! Try buying the helm of vailor! Good luck!

14. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] You can also use Project Image here, very handy, a level 7 spell.

15. Deathmaster Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

A cunning idea

If you had a simalucrum scroll in your quick slot and cast simalucrum with a memorized spell, you would create yourself with a simalucrum scroll in quick slot, then get him to cast simalucrum, and so forth, effectively creating an army of yourself.

16. StressedE Gems: 15/31

Deathmaster yes indeed, but I found out a few months ago that with the patches they unfortunately removed the items of the simulacrums of simulacrums

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.