1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Project Eternity - Sorcerer's Place Fundraiser?

Discussion in 'Pillars of Eternity' started by Taluntain, Sep 16, 2012.

?

Would you donate to immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity?

1. No, sorry

12 vote(s)
    24.0%
  2. Yes, in the range of $5-24

16 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. Yes, $25

8 vote(s)
    16.0%
  4. Yes, in the range of $26-49

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Yes, $50

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  6. Yes, $75

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  7. Yes, $100

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  8. Yes, $150

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Yes, $175+

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Checking the e-mail on your PayPal account for starters - that's where I sent you the setup e-mail.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Adding The_Curt_Jester's donation, we're now at $1115 of $2000 needed! :thumb:

3. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I just looked on the kick starter page. There are 3 design an item spots left and many more design an NPC, so unless we've already reserved one, we may not get the design an item feature when we submit our money. Possible items have already been discussed a little bit, but not an NPC, if that turns out to be what we do.

I was thinking if we do do an NPC, how about basing him on Kittrax? I really didn't know him, maybe exchanging only a few direct posts, but I always read his posts with pleasure. Just think, we could then play with Kittrax in Eternity.

Sorry if some may think this idea is in bad taste. No disrespect to Kittrax or his memory is intended.

4. Taluntain

Media:
    I've reserved an item spot for us. If by some chance we manage to reach $2000, we can go for an NPC as well. Kitrax would certainly be an obvious choice for an NPC, but then again, we've had a few other very deserving members like Sir Belisarius as well. I'd hate to turn the NPC inclusion into a popularity contest between the departed...

Meanwhile, thanks to another generous donation from olimikrig and LeFleur, we're now up to $1250 of $2000 needed! :thumb:

5. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Inspired by Beren's generosity I found a little extra at the bottom of my wallet :).

Indeed that would be a terrible way to honour their memories.

I doubt we'll hit 2k, but who knows? At any rate I think it would be best if it could be something that referred to the community as a whole rather than individuals. Although said NPC or item will, of course, have to have a name :p.

6. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Going by the BG games I think an item/s might be best. I don't remember the names of any of the fan-made BG NPCs, though I know the location of most unique-named items and their abilities/histories by heart. The ones with great histories made for good reading, and the ones with useful abilities I always carried around in my bag of holding in case they come in the useful (and every once in a while, they do).

I guess it depends on how useful the item is, or how interesting the NPCs are. In BG2 the fan-made ones were not very notable - one was a random actor from the Den of the Seven Vales and the other was a guy who would throw a scimitar at you.

7. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I wouldn't be against seeing a character named Taluntain. It's a great fantasy name, and would be a nice tribute to the man who's been running this site, seemingly, since the beginning of time. I would say that Tal, hands down, is the name that best represents Sorcerer's place, and it's a reference that a lot of gamers would get.

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Wow. The cash has been surging in. Well done, team.

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I do not think we should do anything related to Kitrax. Why should we? I liked and respected him as a poster but I never understood the sanctification of people just because they are dead.

We should do something that appeals to us, that we think is funny or interesting. Something for the entire community. This place is called Sorcerer's Place and one thing I have felt lacking in pretty much any rpg with magic and spell casters are good caster weapons. Think about the BG saga, how many good caster weapons were there? Staff of the Magi is really the only that I remember. Plenty of weapons that are good for bashing stuff but few items that really boost casting. The same is true in almost all rpgs so if we get the chance to design an item I think it should be a caster item, something that boosts spellslinging and not "massivetwohandedsword692".

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  10. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    1st 1,000 goes to item

2nd 1,000 is open for discussion - another item may not be available

11. Taluntain

Media:
    Thanks to another nice donation from Atmer and a humorous one from Eero Salonen, we're now at $1301 of $2000 needed! :thumb:

12. Swordsman Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Working from my phone, meant this to be a pm.

Taluntain likes this.
  13. Ineth

Ineth Instigator Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    No matter whether we'll be able to reach another $1000 tier, or a lower one, there's one thing to watch out for:

Is it even possible to choose more than one tier with a single kickstarter account?

I thought you could only choose 1 actual tier, and any money you pledge above and beyond that will either yield no rewards, or can be used to get one or more of the add-ons:
    Digital Add-Ons (Any Tier $20 and Above)

Digital Download of Expansion Pack +$20 (included in tiers $165 and above)
    Digital Campaign Almanac +$15 (included in tiers $50 and above)
    Digital Audio Book of the Novella by Chris Avellone narrated by a professional voice actor +$20 (included in tiers $165 and above)
    Digital Strategy Guide + $7 (included in tiers $80 and above)
    Early Access Beta Key +$25 (included in tiers $110 and above)
    Extra Digital Download of the Game +$25 (requires a minimum $20/$25 tier contribution)
    Extra Three Digital Downloads of the Game +$60 (requires a minimum $20/$25 tier contribution)​

Physical Add-Ons (Physical Tiers Only, $65, $100, $140, $250 and above)

Project Eternity Mouse Pad +$15 (included in physical tiers $140 and above)
    Black Project Eternity T-Shirt +$25 (included in physical tiers $100 and above)
    Black Obsidian T-Shirt +$25​
    Something that should probably be investigated in advance, to prevent last-minute problems coming up when Taluntain finalizes the transaction near the end of the kickstarter...

14. Taluntain

Media:
    We're doing this via PayPal and directly with Obsidian, so we've got a bit more creative freedom.

15. Taluntain

Media:
    Thanks to donations from Swordsman, Sebastian Ruecker and Guillaume Laurent, we've raised the total to $1349! Only ONE DAY TO GO, so last chance to get in on the immortalizing, folks!

16. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Maybe one way to have our cake and eat it too, with only the item, would be to make the history of the item mention some of the characters we might consider as NPCs. For example X crafted the item which was then first used by Y before Z killed Y in an epic battle, etc. ...

I do like the idea of making an epic caster weapon/item.

17. Rahkir

Rahkir Cogito, ergo doleo

Awesome! I was incredibly happy reading interviews with Obsidian about PE, but seeing that Socerers Place will be immortalized is icing on the cake! How wonderful! ^____^ I haven't been to SP in awhile, so I'm a little late to the show, and my donation isn't going to get us to $2000, but alas!

Taluntain likes this.
  18. Taluntain

Media:
    Nakia has sent in another very generous donation alongside Rahkir's, so the total is now $1464! Can we get it past $1500? :thumb:

19. Taluntain

Media:
  20. The_Curt_Jester Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I think the list of donators on the first thread is a little out of date.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.