1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Project Eternity - Sorcerer's Place Fundraiser?

Discussion in 'Pillars of Eternity' started by Taluntain, Sep 16, 2012.

?

Would you donate to immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity?

1. No, sorry

12 vote(s)
    24.0%
  2. Yes, in the range of $5-24

16 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. Yes, $25

8 vote(s)
    16.0%
  4. Yes, in the range of $26-49

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Yes, $50

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  6. Yes, $75

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  7. Yes, $100

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  8. Yes, $150

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Yes, $175+

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

2. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I think 1k is doable. 2k isn't looking likely.

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Just a reminder to everyone we are into the finally two weeks. Small amounts add up. That is what KickStarter is all about.

The game is going to be translated into French, German and Spanish. We are going to have a Mega Dungeon that really sounds like fun. We have a customizable "house" where our companions can chillux (not sure I spelled that right) It is elfen. We will have wizards and priests plus a new class, giphen who use the mind, their mind and the mind of others. if they get the funds. Lots of other things too.

So come on, guys, break open those piggy banks and support both Sorcerers Place and Obsidian.

4. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Polish and Russian were announced today as well!

The new class, the "Cipher", is essentially a conversion of the DnD Psion, according the JE Sawyer, unlocked at 2.5 million along with the barbarian. So it's 7 confirmed classes (fighter, priest, rogue, wizard, ranger, monk and druid) with 2 more potentially to be added.

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Thanks, Marceror, for the correction. The Cipher sounds very interesting to me. Did you read the story of the Mega Dungeon? I was hoping pledges would pick up with the introduction of PayPal but they are still slow.

6. Marceror

Media:
    Nakia, I read that the PayPal pledges wouldn't be shown on Kickstarter, so I imagine the numbers are a bit higher than what we see on that website. Obsidian will check both sources for purposes of stretch goals and the like, so I presume will be able to get a general idea of how well things are going with that payment method in the coming days.

No, I don't think I noticed the write up on the mega dungeon. Obsidian is sharing so much information with us, which is awesome, but it does make it hard to keep up with everything!

7. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It is as Marceror says. At least that's how it was with Wasteland 2.

8. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Tal, why don't you threaten to give the IOTW "award" to anyone who voted they would donate but haven't coughed up the money yet? :evil:

9. Marceror

Media:
    What "award" should I get stuck with for being one of the "no, sorry" voters, who went ahead and donated? I guess that makes me the "schizophrenic of the week!" :D

I originally donated directly on the Kickstarter site, and thought I was done. I decided that I wanted SP to get some immortalization, and seeing how slow things were going, I opted to include a small donation here as well.

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    :thumb: How's that for an award? :)

11. Marceror

Media:
    It's better than being called a schizo. :nod:

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Tempting... too bad I didn't make the poll public so we could throw stones at all the fakers. :evil:

I am joking, of course. People are always faster with a click than their wallet, so it didn't come as that much of a surprise to me. It's funny though that almost everyone who voted for the $100 (or more) options has also donated, but the majority of those who voted for the lowest tiers have not. Hopefully we'll manage to reach $1000, at least.

Though we'll have to decide on whether to go for an NPC vs. a weapon/armor/artifact. This will be a hard one, but I'm leaning more towards a weapon or artifact of some sort. I'd like to hear what the rest of you think, though.

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Incidentally, I'm hoping I can secure digital copies for all our donors (at the least). Stay tuned...

14. Nakia

Media:
    Hi all, I am glad to hear that about paypal. I was a bit disapointed.
    I too have donated directly to the Kickstarter but when I saw the poll I decided I wouuld contribute at least a little to get immortality for SP.

I think s weapon or artifact is good. Then the player's character can hang on too it. An NPC will soon be forgotten.

Come on guys, if Grandma Rogue can kick in some cash surely you can two. Eleven days to go. Do you want me living on beans for the next few months because I decide that SP deserves at least a mention and there end up donating a bit more to push the numbers up?

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

It would be cool if the weapon or artifact was a useless one, and then we could challenge ourselves to see who could manage to finish the game whilst hampered by something like the "Amulet of Random Babbling" that reduces your charisma to 3.

Splunge and Montresor like this.
  16. Taluntain

Media:
    Yea... that's not quite what I had in mind... :shake:

17. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Thing is I already donated 20$. I'm not giving more until I am assured the game will not suck. Obsidian games have disappointed me tremendously in the past. :o

18. The_Curt_Jester Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I'm staying tuned for more information on this. I might donate, but it would be nice to get a guarantee of a digital copy. Plus, it's hard to get me to give money to something I really don't know all that much about. True, Obsidian has been posting a lot about goals, what they will use, some content, etc., but it's still very hard to tell until one sees samples of the product.

19. Marceror

Media:
    Tal, don't worry about me here. I've already got 2 digital copies coming to me due to my direct donation at Kickstarter.

20. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    :lol: Awesome. And repped. :)

Harbourboy likes this.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.