1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Project Eternity - Sorcerer's Place Fundraiser?

Discussion in 'Pillars of Eternity' started by Taluntain, Sep 16, 2012.

?

Would you donate to immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity?

1. No, sorry

12 vote(s)
    24.0%
  2. Yes, in the range of $5-24

16 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. Yes, $25

8 vote(s)
    16.0%
  4. Yes, in the range of $26-49

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Yes, $50

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  6. Yes, $75

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  7. Yes, $100

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  8. Yes, $150

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Yes, $175+

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'll be posting this around the site as well to give it a bit more attention... plus, I think an "Immortalizer" achievement icon is in order for those who support this cause. ;)

For now, it'd be nice if all those of who you who voted that you'd donate funds to the cause would, well, actually do it. :p

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    So, what... the other 23 affirmatives in the poll were just :bs: ?

3. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, I said I would put up $100, and I did. Trust me, for this or any other pledge drive that I've ever been a part of, every little bit helps. ;)

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oh, I know. You're one of the seven listed as having put up out of the 30 affirmatives in the poll. I was wondering about the other 23 who already indicated they'd be interested, let alone any new people who want to join in the fun. :)

5. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Did say I could not donate until October. Rest assured, my promised donation will be coming :).

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    When it comes to voting that someone would donate and actually doing it there's always at least a half-to-third discrepancy, but I have to say that this low level of donations has surprised me. Especially considering the notification about the fundraiser is site-wide so it's pretty much impossible to miss.

But anyways, luckily our goal is two-fold so even if we only make it to $1000, we'll still get something.

7. Ineth

Ineth Instigator Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Maybe it's because the site-wide notice looks (and reads) similar to the "gauging interest" one which it replaced, so some might not have noticed that it changed?

Maybe adding a more attention-grabbing headline like "Fund raising in progress - 18 days left!", plus maybe the Project Eternity logo... [​IMG] ...would help?

8. Taluntain

Media:
    I was talking about the website, not just the forums... but yea, I'll just make the forum notice the same as the site one.

9. Taluntain

Media:
    Splunge has also chipped in, raising the total to $390 of $2000 needed! :thumb:

10. Taluntain

Media:
    Marceror has raised the total to $415 of $2000 needed! :thumb:

11. Taluntain

Media:
    reepnorp and Harbourboy have raised the total to $565 of $2000 needed! :thumb:

12. Taluntain

Media:
    Master of Nuhn and olimikrig have raised the total substantially - we're now at $765 of $2000 needed. Thanks, guys! :thumb:

13. Taluntain

Media:
    Come on folks, only 2 weeks left! We need to push past $1000 and we won't be able to do it if more than half of you who voted wind up not donating!

14. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Sorry buddy, I can't do it right now :(. I've spent the majority of the money I have on drugs, drink and loose women; the rest of it I just squandered...

Nah seriously, I'm pretty broke and can just about afford my bills right now. Sorry man.

Taluntain likes this.
  15. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Man Tal, you shouldn't have to beg. I thought this would be something those who are interested in would engage in and those who wasn't didn't. To have to splash up big banners and constanstly poke people wasn't the intention. We apparently misjudged the interest. A bit sucky that we might not even reach the 1k for one item but I really do not think we should "squeeze" people.

16. Ineth

Ineth Instigator Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, the discrepancy between
    voted they would donate: 31 people (sum: $1089 - $1409)​
    and
    actually donated so far: 13 people (sum: $765)​
    does leave one to wonder though...

17. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Not really, to have around 40% of the people who said they would donate actually donate isn't that bad. Anyway, I just feel a bit guilty for introducing the idea and getting it all started and then see Tal have to run around and putting in a lot of effort into getting people to cough up the cash.

18. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

You have to take into consideration that people are pretty lazy generally, so a few reminders aren't out of place. I wouldn't have remembered to donate if I hadn't seen the reminders.

19. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Made my donation, Tal, but for some reason no message box is showing up on PayPal. email begins with nakiarogue and first name for account is E Joyce.

Over 40K pledgers. not bad. PayPal starts Oct. 3 rd so I think there will be a spike.

20. Taluntain

Media:
    Thanks to Nakia and Paracelsi, we're now up to $800 of $2000 needed! :thumb:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.