1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Project Eternity - Sorcerer's Place Fundraiser?

Discussion in 'Pillars of Eternity' started by Taluntain, Sep 16, 2012.

?

Would you donate to immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity?

1. No, sorry

12 vote(s)
    24.0%
  2. Yes, in the range of $5-24

16 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. Yes, $25

8 vote(s)
    16.0%
  4. Yes, in the range of $26-49

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Yes, $50

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  6. Yes, $75

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  7. Yes, $100

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  8. Yes, $150

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Yes, $175+

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Here we go! We have enough keys available so that everyone who's donated $20 or more will be able to get one. Several donors have also mentioned that they don't need a key as they've also donated directly via Kickstarter, so we'll be giving away any leftover keys via some kind of contest later on.

To streamline the process I'll list the procedure to secure your digital PoE key if you're on the list in the first post and have donated $20 or more:

1) Send a PM to me with the title "Redeeming my PoE key"
    2) It doesn't matter what you write in the PM itself.
    3) Send me the PM and wait for your Steam* key to arrive!

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here or PM me.

* Yes, all the keys we got are for Steam... I tried asking for GOG keys as well, but the official word is that they may or may not be able to provide any GOG keys and even if they do, it won't happen immediately. Whereas I've already got the Steam keys, so I can send them out right away.

2. The_Curt_Jester Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I have never liked Steam and have tried to avoid it. :(

If they can provide GoG keys later, I'm willing to wait.

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Nice! This makes 3 out of 4 Kickstaters I've backed. Only Torment left!

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    First batch of keys sent out!

5. The_Curt_Jester Gems: 4/31

By the way, is there any time table on WHEN they will know if GoG keys are available or is it just waiting in the dark at this point?

6. Taluntain

Media:
    I got the feeling that they're not really inclined to get any GOG keys for us. I'll distribute the Steam keys first and then see how much demand there is for GOG keys -- if it's even worth pursuing.

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Redeemed it, but haven't installed it yet (still finishing Wasteland 2).

Looks like we get 4 DLCs included: Backer Item and Achievement, Cookbook, Making-of Documentary, and Pre-order Item and Pet.

Taluntain likes this.
  8. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I have tried and hated GoG and Steam. Is there other options on getting the game that are less intrusive, kind of like the Beamdog client for the EEs? If there is, someone else, I don't really care who, can have my Steam PoE key.

9. Taluntain

Media:
    Steam and GOG are the only options, with GOG being a distant second to Steam at this point.

10. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That's disconcerting. Nevermind then. I'll PM you for the Key.

11. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    For those who backed a physical copy of the game the install disks will not be tied to Steam or GoG, and the game will be patched the "old fashioned way" (manually download and install the patches)

But the window to get that option has long since past. Just sharing for posterity.

12. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have never found Steam to be very intrusive, all other similar programs I hate with a passion. Especially EA's variant but been using Steam for many years and I must say as software made to make money go I like it. Very practical.

13. Ineth

Ineth Instigator Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I just came across a cemetery early in the game, and this is the screen that popped up when clicking to read the inscription of its central pillar... :)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
  14. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Your name immortalized in a good game.
    Not a bad memorial.

15. Taluntain

Media:
    I keep wondering what became of our item as I never heard anything about it after I submitted it.

16. The_Curt_Jester Gems: 4/31

I wish they had done a better job on that epitaph. There is no punctuation and there's only one quotation mark. Where is the other one and where is it supposed to go?

17. Ineth

Ineth Instigator Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It probably only looks weird like that because I increased the font size in the game's settings.

If each "line" of the poem were to fit into an actual line, it would look better I think, and on normal settings I imagine it might.

Punctuation or paragraph spacing would have worked too, of course.

18. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    It looks like we're at the top of the list too! :) I wonder if there's any significance or we were just the first to get the entry in...

I hope you're right Ineth and the formatting is bad just because you changed the font size.

19. Taluntain

Media:
    Can someone check with the normal font size? This can be fixed in a patch later on if it's off there too. I actually remember there being some formatting issue when I submitted the text as well, but I corrected it in a follow-up mail - they might have used the wrong one still.

20. The_Curt_Jester Gems: 4/31

Since I'm ultra busy for at least a week, I'm going to wait at least that long to ask for my key. Hopefully by then they'll have GoG available (but I doubt it), but I might as well wait. Why rush to install a game that I won't have time to play anyway? Have to have free time for that, so no rush right now.

Any idea on why they don't want to give out GoG keys? I had understood that when we first did this they had said people had the option of that or Steam. Why the limitation at this point? Honestly, if a person pays money (and 20 games for $1000 comes out to $50 a game) through this method they should certainly get the choice that everyone else gets, especially if you consider that $50 per game is considerably more than the minimum most people had to give to acquire the game (and their choice of GoG or Steam).

Maybe it ought to be put to Obsidian in that way.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.