1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Prior Game Choices to Impact DAIII - I really hope so

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' started by Munchkin Blender, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I’m excited for DAIII development. I hope Bioware is good on its word that DAIII will improve upon the importing of prior game accomplishments. If this is true I can’t wait to play DAIII with my most recently completed DAII game and the initial DAII game I completed over a year ago.

Play through 1:
    Dragon Age Origins - Dalish Elf that completed the ritual with Morrigan and went through the mirror with her, killed Loghain, Alister became King, killed Anoria, Lord Harromont ruled Orzzamar, changed the Werewolves back to humans, freed the mages, let the Architech live, killed the demon in Connor, and killed Flemeth
    Dragon Age II – Hawk as a rogue - was a nice guy and completed all companions quest, sided with the mages, all companions lived, and Bethany was part of the Circle which is why Hawk sided with the mages, and killed Anders

Play through 2:
    Dragon Age Origins: Human Male – completed ritual with Morrigan and search for his child but she left him behind, Loghain became a warden, Alister became king marrying Anoria, Behlen became king of Orzzamar, changed werewolves back to humans, freed the mages, killed the Architech, took demon offer so Connor will become possessed, did not kill Flemeth, only companions in DAO was Alister, Morrigan, and Leliana others were released or killed, DA: Awakening Andre was sent with the Templars and the rest of the companions were recruited.
    Dragon Age II – Hawk as Mage – Confrontational jerk that completed all companion quest, sided with Templars until the very end where mages were picked, Fenris died as he did not like Hawks choice, Anders lived and Sebertain left as he did not like the fact that Anders lived after blowing up the Chantry, completed both Legacy and MoA.
    Of the two completed play through I really would like to see how DAIII incorporates all of the choices made in the prior two games.

2. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I wouldn't get my hopes too high up. Assuming DA3 works off only the save of DA2, it's fully dependant on which variables were saved from DA:O in DA2. Given the rushjob that was DA2, I would expect this was no more than was necessary for that game alone (and which was even then by most accounts not much).

On the other hand, it could be that they saved as many variables as they could in DA2 because they didn't have the time to sort through it properly, too.

Hard to say what has actually been saved in DA2, but if you don't get your hopes up, there'll be less chance of those hopes being dashed.

Munchkin Blender likes this.
  3. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

It could be a combination of both. We don't know right now as we are not on the development team for Bioware. The only thing I hope for from DA3 is that it is not a repeat of DA2. If it is; well I know it will be my last Bioware game purchased.

4. eraeraera Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

dragon age 2 is sucked the story was too bad but in DAO it was awesome one of the best stories i have ever played i hope EA GAMES do not touch Dragon age 3 like they do to Dragon age 2 we dont wanna graphics we want some STORY like our old school games

5. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    It probably won't show but it would be nice if some of the side quests showed up. For example, I usually put an effort into helping the mage collective. Such a collective could provide a building block for new mage society structures if mages or some of them want to be outside the circles in any sizable numbers.

6. Topken

Topken Elven-dragon wizard

From what I gather it sounds like they did a lusy job of this with MassEffect in that your choices from the first game dont really affect game 3 which just sucks hopefully its not the same with Dragon Age 3 and hopefully they do it so that you can import your Dragon Age 1 game into 3 and just skip the mess that is DA2. That would be the best and have it so that you just get generic choices from DA2 or give us a list of choices that we can choose from so that we can at least have some choice in the matter lol. Because a number of us have yet to touch the wreck that is DA2 and some of us just will not touch it.

7. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Topken speaks the truth!

8. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I was only 8 hours in and prior game choices were clearly built into the game; talking to people you learn about Hawke and the Warden. They really did good with this.

---------- Added 0 hours, 1 minutes and 17 seconds later... ----------

It changes who is King, who Hawke sided with etc...It has impact on some of the story...

---------- Added 0 hours, 1 minutes and 17 seconds later... ----------

Dragon Keep is a great tool to ensure whatever your choices you make are converted over to DAI. I went through and updated my choices to build the world I wanted.

9. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'm not following the DA:I release things, but are you saying there's a savegame editor of some sort that allows you to adapt some files so that you can experience different sets of choices in DA:I without going through all of the previous two games?

10. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

There is a tool called Dragon Keep. I don't know if it is available if you have not played the previous game. I know it captured all of my prior saves on both PC and PS3, and allowed me to modify the world to my liking. From there, I imported my world to play DAI.

11. henkie

Media:
    That's pretty handy, makes it possible to try out a lot more different scenarios of background without having to spend so many hours.

12. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

You correct or modify the world you originally built to how you hope it would have come out due to one or two mis steps during one of the DAO or DAII runs.

13. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have a different computer. :s

Munchkin Blender likes this.
  14. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

It uses your Origin account info from completion of content regardless of the system. I have PC and PS3 characters on my origin profile. I used my PC character for DAO and my PS3 character for DAII...so it does not matter as long as you have your Bioware Origin account setup...

15. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oh god, origin account. Now I remember what I really really disliked about Dragon Age. :s Steam has proven to be the winner, just go with it other companies!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.