1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Prince of Persia

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Dorion Blackstar, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Dorion Blackstar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hello
    I just got Prince of Persia for the playstation 2.Already I am stuck and could use some help.

I am at the part just before you get the dagger of time.I am in the room with the statue you have to climb to get up to the dagger.I can get ton top of the statues shoulders but cant for the life of me see where to jump to from there.

Hopefully some one who has played can figure out where I am from my description.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

2. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I've flipped through a walkthrough or two, and it seems like a complex game. The whole "limited" save thing has thrown me off it.

The first two were awesome.

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Got the PC version today, but i can't give you any tips yet. Maybe later. ;)

4. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Awesome game. Great buy!
    As to your question...
    After you get to the shoulders, you have to keep going up. The only way I discovered to do so was to bounce back and forth between the walls as you go up.
    Run towards the shoulder, use the ability to "run up" a wall. You'll go a short distance and then you have to jump. As you do so, jump towards the opposite wall. Jump off that wall back to the first wall. Keep doing that all the way up the wall.
    It is very important here to only move back and forth. If you change direction and jump away from the wall (it will be like the Prince is jumping towards you) you will fall and kill yourself.
    Good luck. Its a tough game and it requires a lot of dexterity in your fingers, but a fun game.

5. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Since Elios has allready answered this I just want to tell you some hints.

Remeber that solution, you will be doing a *lot* of it. You can also jump onto a rope, ledge, or pole using the same running technique. You can also do this after running horizontally.

Look at the visions you get in the save-zones (sand-pillars) you will learn what I am talking about.

If you really want a walkthrough, there should be one in gamfaqs.com, but the puzzles are quite easy to figure out in your head, it's pulling them off that can be tricky.

This is a great game, everyone go and get a copy, now.

6. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

Ok.

Technically, I've still not played it. But I've watched someone play it, while I was reading the walkthrough. Actually, I was in charge of cussing and reading the walkthrough, but I'll just focus on the gameplay.

As with any 3d platformer, it's got issues with the camera. Really bad issues. The kind of issues that make everything else secondary. And it's not like Dungeon Siege, where you only had issues for a couple of seconds when you enter a new cave.

After the camera thing, it's kind of neat. I like the wall running and jumping stuff. Definately in the spirit of the first two games. And the crumbling ledges and stuff. Even shimmying up the columns is good to go. The combat is tough, but combat in the first two was tough too, since you *had* to learn to block.

The save feature is absolutely terrible, since at several parts, you'll have to redo combat if you die on a missed acrobatic maneuver (horizontal bars come to mind).

Overall, if you've got a gameshark and you can turn on some kind of cheats or something, it's probably a pretty fun game. Otherwise, you're going to be cussing that camera. You'll cuss the save points too, but not nearly as much as the camera work. It's used as part of the play balance, and the other part is just poor game engine stuff. When you're standing up against a wall, and the camera is right in your face. And when you set it to far-away, it moves back in close when you start running around, regardless of whether it's got the room to be that far away or not.

It's got some excellent ideas and methods, but there's some things that just didn't get play tested.

Looking at the trainers, the PC version might not be too bad. The PS2 version is tough.

7. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

EJ, totally agree with you on the camera. Camera control was lacking bigtime. Kinda reminded me of the camera in Devil May Cry.
    My favorite combat move is when you vault over an enemy, slashing him as you do so.

8. Dorion Blackstar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Thanks guys got past it.Had no idea he could do that.I love that vault move too,just don't get enough chances to use it.

After playing for a while I have to agree with the camara angle promblem.Sometimes i just need to see a little better to make that silly jump or whatever.

Still a fun game though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.