1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Prestige Class suggestion

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Ofelix, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Okay, I've began a new game with my friend set in Planescape Torment or...whatever the multiverse is called nowadays. However I should tell you that our game isn't about powerplay or saving (or conquering) the world. The premise of our game is that we're all normal human(oid*) who's just been to the wrong place at thr wrong time. In fact all of us were in a spring celebration festival in the prime material, and suddenly PPoooofff a strange vortex takes us in a strange new world.

So the fun of it is that we're stranded in a unknown place with no idea whatsoever what's going on. And it's quite fun too.

I've always like playing a healer character, don't know why, I just do. So my char is a Bard / Cleric (3/3). I'm looking for a multiverse-related prestige class that could enhance my understanding of this universe. I mean giving me abilities to travel, understand or... anything related to this. The logic behind this is that with a more profound knowledge of the planes we could possibly travel back home. The DM's effort seem to always, prevent us from doing this :p, bastard.

Currently our "quest" is to help a Water elemental Lord's plan to "save" a large lake from extinction. It seems we're somehow became the multiverse's greenpeace :lol:. Thing is about everybody seem to abuse us, since we're quite naive of the way of this world, meh :d.

I know it seems strange to have a Bard multiclassed to a Cleric, but it's actually tons of fun. With my Cleric's levels I'm the party's healer and with my Bard's level I'm also the main negotiator / con artist / whatever. We (the party) aren't exactly a beacon of good in an evil place as I've said we were at the wrong place at the wrong time, we're trying the make the best of what's came to us.

So? Any thought please?

*No need to discriminate none-human races eh? :grin:

2. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Planeswalking, caster, a bit of bard-ing... This reminds me of the Sensate-oriented PrC from Manual of the Planes... The Ardent Dilletante, iirc. Still, It might not be the best of ideas powerwise - but then again, neither is bard/cleric. I'm sure you'll do well as long as your campaign is not an optimization-fest.

Let me start by this, though: what books are available, and do you have any other preferences? So far I'm thinking nothing exalted or vile, decent skil points, and not too many lost caster levels.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  3. Ofelix

Media:
    Well we've access to PHB, DMG, MM I and II, Deities and Demigod, Fearûn manual, Book of vile Darkness, The Draconomicon, and Tome of Magic. All a mix of 3.0/3.5 my friends and I gathered over the year.

You wouldn't have any weblink to these Classes eh?

4. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I can give the weblink to the list that has links to the classes put on the WotC site... Most non-psionic prestige classes officially presented on the boards are at http://forums.gleemax.com/wotc_archive/index.php/t-767811 . Check http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=482636 and search "web previews". If you're interested in psionics, search "mind's eye" - they have some very good PrCs if you want to give the PP magic system a try. Please be careful with using the latter list, as it is the general thread of the Optimization boards and thus very result-oriented. Still, if you want to squeeze every bit of juice out of your character, there's no better place to go.

You might also be interested in the Web Enhancement list here contains a lot of material that wasn't included in the WotC books as they were published. Hence, it has a lot of info you may use - from classes to spells to sample adventures. BTW, the Complete Divine enhancement contains the updated versions of a few Faiths and Pantheons PrCs, so you may want to give it a try if you are a cleric of, say, Shar.

For more information on classes of all kinds, feats and all other titbts, you can also check the lists at http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20 . Their compendia have information from nearly everywhere, including Dragon Magazines, and they usually give as much info as WotC would allow.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  5. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    If you're okay to buy books, Complete Adventurer, Complete Divine, or Complete Scoundrel might be of use to you.

6. Ofelix

Media:
    thanks mates! I really like the Moon Guardian PrC. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.