1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Post for random babbling, possibly with some sense

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Nov 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Yea... Small, blue AND bald. Sucks to be you.

2. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

DIE HARRY POTTER DIE!

Hey the acton figures are groovey frodo has his little sword and everything.

3. [​IMG] Well, excuse me if I don't die with happiness about the fact that Aragorn has a super chopping sword action, and Gandalf's staff has a little wiener light at the end that glows when you say "Sauron".

4. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I am so hung over right now it hurts to exist. Damn you, Prarie Fire, damn you straight to hell.

5. Azirath Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Jesus, it's true that I despise all this merchandising of LOTR with the release of the movie. Of course I'll still buy them because I am a fanatical collector of all things Tolkein ;) As well as other things.

6. Mirkwood Guest

Sorry about that business above. The nurses have increased the dosage on my medication and I'm feeling much better now :xx: . Hopefully that won't happen again but I can't promise anything.

[This message has been edited by Mirkwood (edited November 26, 2001).]

7. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Azirath, I can't blame you for collecting, but PLEASE tell me that you aren't going to get all 4 Burger King plastic mugs ... One Burger Shall Rule Them ... ARGH! :roll: :spin:

8. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

harry potter doesn't get good until the third book anyway..

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] You expect me to read three lame books to discover that? Not very likely. Besides, I hate mass hysteria so count me out anyway. It would make me feel like I went to see Titanic (which I skipped on purpose).

I'll stick to SF sagas like Miles Vorkosigan, thank you.

10. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I like Harry Potter. OK, the truth is that it doesn't even hold up a candle to LOTR.

11. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Extremist, you don't have to read the books, i have told you!

12. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Extremist, what's wrong with the Titanic? It was one of the best comedies I've ever seen :rolleyes:

And the girls also did like it, laughed so hard that they had tears in the eyes :rolleyes:

13. Sniper Gems: 28/31

You sure they weren't cryin? :D

14. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Sniper, have you ever seen someone crying during a comedy? :rolleyes:

15. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

To say that "everyone must do X" Is the one surefire way of destorying the enjoyment value of X. The pressure to do X, enjoy it, and appreciate its subtleties, makes doing X a chore. Example - "The Lord of the Rings". Now, everyone here will agree that "The Lord of the Rings" is a great book, and I'd probably have enjoyed it if I'd approached it with the right attitude. Bu-ut, when I first read it, I read it because "I must read the Lord of the Rings, everyone's read it - Bob's so smart, he read it in two days when he was nine- I want to be as smart as Bob" - result, the Lord of the Rings turned into a thousand-page slog. I've read it twice, and still can't remember who all the characters are and can't be bothered with the appendices.

16. Masher Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Sorry, Ironbeard. I fear I may have been a "Bob" or similar in my younger days. (maybe I still am, I get through about 200 pages an hour!)

So on behalf of all the "Bobs" out there, I apologise.

17. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] It really sucks if all your friends have girlfriends they enjoy spending their time with and you have none :(
    It sucks even more when all of the friends that are single have left the country to work in the alps during the winter.
    Oh well I will just spend more time in front the computer.

18. /me pats Joacqin on the back.... It must suck you be you.

19. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

WOW ... I've been waiting weeks for the boards to come back up, and now that they are I find myself with nothing to say!

I'd better go run and kiss the Blarney Stone or something ... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.