1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Post for random babbling, possibly with some sense, #4

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, May 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG] /me offers hugs again.

Some people...ok most people dont stop and think of how their words affect others. Im guilty of it on occasion, and so are, Im sure, most of the people on these boards. At one time or another. Its sad [edit]to[/edit] realise anew, or for the first time, or whatever, that the majority of the human race doesnt care that much about their kindred.

[for those that think to flame me for 'downgrading' the human race, you will nought but prove my point. I am merely showing my point of view.]

[This message has been edited by DeBhaal Stasion (edited May 23, 2002).]

2. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] This is the truth, not a flame, and the truth hurts.

Ummmm...NO.

First of, anew is a synonym for the first time.

Secondly, who are you to say that more than 3 billion people don't care that much about their kindred...how can you say that? And if you've had problems with people on these boards, call them out with a PM or a post, but don't revert to childish behavior by beating around the bush with this sympathy BS!

Come on...yes, there is a TON of horrible things and horrible people on this planet, but to say that most of them don't care for each other is just wrong.

And Shadow_Goddess, how come your SN was that, anyway? (it's possible I misunderstood...)

3. What does "sic" and "SN"?

And who are you to talk about 3 billion people?! EVERYONE does that! You are doing it right now, I can slip it sometimes, I've seen the school slip it! One time or another, someone will do it. Even the BABIES will do it when they are older! So if YOU don't like what we are posting, maybe here isn't this topic isn't the place for you!

4. To start with, Anew means 1) Once more, again. 2) In a new or different way.
    So I dont know where you got your definition from..but you need to recheck.

Second, I am a person who has watched the news, and to have seen what is on the news, doenst look well for the Human race, murders, terrorism, etc. oh yeah..makes the Human race just the most perfect race around.

'Sympathy BS' if you had any idea what I was talking aobut, you would have left that out. I was in the Chatroom talking to her. So dont assume things.

There are tons of things that humans do to each other, and as I said..most people dont care about others. If they did then there would not be half the things that are going on.

Shadow_Goddess -
    sic= intentionally so written — used after a printed word or passage to indicate that it is intended exactly as printed or to indicate that it exactly reproduces an original
    SN= Screen Name

5. PowerPuff Guest

[​IMG] All work and no play can be hazardous. It's 04:42 in the morning and I'm still at work, unable to remember when I first got here. I *think* I've slept for two hours, but you can never be sure about these things... :coffee:

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

(*yawn*)

6. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] What are you talking about, Shadow_Goddess? I never said anything you did was wrong, all I was saying is that I didn't understand why your MSN screename would be (name) is a whore...

Uh...slip what? I never slipped anything, and I'm not sure what you are trying to say, and you don't know what I'm trying to say.

My problem with DeBhall Stasion's post was that he generalized half of all humans (that's over 3 billion people) into an unfair category!

Hey--a lot of people watch the news also! I bet they're all in the Mensa Society, right?

OK. If the majority of the human race didn't care about each other, how can we have an organized society with (I'll admit a sometimes corrupt) government?

All I'm trying to say is that it's wrong to degrade ourselves unnecessarily!

[Don't pull terrorism BS, either, all the aftermath of that sh*tty act showed the world is that HUMANS CARE ABOUT EACH OTHER MORE THAN EVER, NOW]

[This message has been edited by SlimShogun (edited May 23, 2002).]

7. [​IMG] This will be the last thing I say to this...

To start with.
    Shadow_Goddess was talking about the fact that everybody isnt nice to everybody. You can not tell me that you are nice to every person, and I do mean every person that you meet, be it on the streets, or in a crowded room, or where ever. Dont try to tell me that, because I will not believe you, I will not believe it of any human being. Because it is not possible. You may try to be nice to everybody..but your not going to be.

My problem is: You cant spell my name right, this is the second time; atleast that you have misspelt it. Scrool all the way down to the bottom of the page that you type on, the box that has a little scroll bar on it, scroll down that, you can even change pages, to make sure that your seeing what you want to, and look at the spelling of my name.(note: this a applys to everyone that has problems with it, it will make people much happier)
    Yes it generalized half of the human race, into an unfair category? I wouldnt go that far, The truth hurts, Bear it.
    Ok, if the majority of the human race cared about each other, why would the government be corrupt? Governemnt corruption is politicians going into office, to further their own ends very few go into office with the inclination of bettering the lives of citizens.

Ok...correct me if Im wrong, but Terrorism is an act of hate.
    Sure some people are closer because of it, but others are torn apart because of it(and I am not speaking of only Spt.11, I am speaking of terroism in general; which you seemed to miss the point of).

I agree, we should not degrade ourselves unnecessarily. Key word being unnecessarily Sorry if this hurts your feelings, but humans are not perfect, in some ways we are worse than animals.

/me ends the rant permenantly.

8. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Nice spin, DeBhaal.

Don't give me sh*t for misspelling your name (not a word found in any dictionary) and tell me to "scrool," you fool. That's poetic justice. Yeah, this definitely "applys" to everyone, right?

First, you said:
    After I shot that down, you spun it into:
    I responded, and you now pretend that what you were saying is:
    An easier route would be to apologize for overstating that some humans are malicious at heart and many seek to disregard the feelings of others. Instead, you put words into my mouth:
    I never said they were perfect! I never said that terrorism wan't an act of hate! arghhhhhh

[This message has been edited by SlimShogun (edited May 23, 2002).]

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Enough. Take this to PM or email please.

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Ah, yes, there was that one..... Well, lets just say that if nightmares had not come true in other aspects of my life, I probably would have enjoyed IB. But now.... I don't know.

Also, I had a pretty freaky dream last night... it began as a pretty normal one, but during the end I was confused if I was a mage for real, and where did the effects for my spells come if it was real, and then there was some runes in my arms and the plavce was full of people who were, me included, some sort of Bhaalspawn thingies... I tried to scrub the runes off and partially succeeded, then I asked a person who used to be my friend but whom I haven't seen in years that did she have the runes too or was it just a hallucintaion.... Can we say I was pretty weirded out when I woke?

Ara
    (Hmmm.... mmmH)

11. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I spent all afternoon and night last night reading Great Expatations. Luckly I'm all most done but I have a test over it today I think. Owell.

Ok I've got these pewter figures from my grandma last night. English Heritage is the company that I think made them. It's a small board game. I was just wondering if anyone has heard of them and what their all about. Their pretty cool. Celtic Life my set is called.

One more thing. I was reading the bottom of the Celtic Life box and relized that nothing in America really adds up to anything. We havent ocupied this county for very long and their really no great history to America. It's almost sad.

12. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Arabwel, that's a weird dream. You don't know how it ends?

Wow... we can better change the name of the topic to The Big Jerry Springer topic: Hot discussions.

13. DinoTiggy1 Guest

HELLOOOO

8people here (on DT1s username)

Arabwel, have you been reading a FR book? the one with Alias, she has blue sigils on her arm that lead to the reason of her existence.

Are you really a human-made creature?:borg::alien::1eye::toofar::mommy::mommy:

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Nope, but I do have read Death Gate Cycle ages ago... Who knows, I might be a Patryn! :p

Headbanger, I was rudely awaken at that point, so i do not have any idea what happened afterwards :p

Ara
    (Having a moderatley okay day, for once)

15. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Arabwel, can you download part 2 of the dream and watch it tonight? I want to know how it ends :)

Maybe they should invite a real DREAMcast, not one where you can play games with but one where you can select what to dream tonight :)

16. total Guest

Why do people think farting is not polite? I mean if you can guarantie it will not smell bad! And i just hate those guys that fart quietly and than accuse others for the bad smell! If someone farts loudly, it is just like he farted regulary and said "I`m sorry, it was I.". :)

PS I couldnt resist mention this :lol: :lol: :lol:

[This message has been edited by total (edited May 23, 2002).]

17. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] On this dream subject. I sometimes have cascading dreams where after one ends in ym dream i wake up get out of bed and then suddenly everything goes wierd and i cascade into another waking up, thinking it's real life and then all goes wierd again.

I had a very strange dream a couple of nights ago. I was inside a coffin and could hear a discussion about me outside of it. The people outside said "Right he's to be buried with all these people" and read off a long list of names. Then i felt the coffin tipping and i started to slide out of the bottom and into a black whole. I woke up at this point fell forward and looked around expecting to see all the people i'd been buried with.

That dream lasted 5 mins or less and i'd been slepping for nearly 10 hours. Why does dream time never coincide with real time??

18. DinoTiggy1 Guest

8people, about page 1 and Neopets, I know that you go on it, I KNOW, there is no escape, because I KNOW, you told me during regestration...

19. I'm sick today. It sucks because today is Day 6(school cycle) and that's the best day of the cycle. Today I have guitar lessons after school. Today at school we have our pictures taken for the OC Transpo buses because our ontario government is ****ed up.

20. ArchAngel Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.