1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Post for random babbling, possibly with some sense, #4

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, May 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Actually I meant Erran but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out he's been moderating for years. Too tired...

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hiya!

I have finally posted stuff at fanfiction.net, a few stories, and I'd love it if anyone would bother to check them out.
    http://www.fanfiction.net/profile.php?userid=45740

Please read the warnings, before reading the stoies. I appreciate any comments :)

Ara
    (Feedback addict)

3. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, after spending some time in the FAI, I thought I might try bullying you at Whatnots. Don't know for how long though, so you could be lucky.

After reading Gunthars rhyme, I wondered who played the Lucas Arts'Monkey Island series. I played all 4 and it was great fun. That Murray was brilliant!

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I played practically all Lucas Arts adventures... Best games, ever.

Anyway, Erran has been assigned a moderator for the NWN forums only recently, but he has been a moderator of RC from before.

5. Findol The Swift Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I'm watching Harry Potter on DVD right now. It's a realy good movie. I've recently been reading the book and it's not as close as I thought it was. But I still think it's a good movie, and book.

6. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I didnt like Harry Potter.

"Yer a Wizzard 'Arry!"
    "I'm a what?"
    "A Wizzerd! In 'Ogwarts Skool fer Wichcreft en Wizerdry!"

cracks me up :grin: but still not a very good movie in relation to the book.

7. Zaragoth Guest

It was a long time since I was here. I thought that I would write something. So.. umm.. hello.

8. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

I fully agree: Monkey Island games are brilliant, and probably to blame that to this day I consider adventure games to be my favourite genre.

Oh Yeah? Well... you fight like a cow!

9. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I played monkey island 3 and 4 to completion, played parts of monkey island 1 and watched my friend play number 2. And i fully agree yes murray was great, by far the real star of the games :heh:

10. Methylviolet Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I liked the Harry Potter movie well enough, as far as I know -- seeing Lord of the Rings two weeks later obliterated any part of my brain that had ever thought about it. I remember thinking, though, that someone who had not read the book (if there be such a person) would have a hard time.

All of you know that LoTR comes out on DVD August 6 -- but does anyone know what extra goodies will be on it?

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  12. total Guest

I liked Monkey Island 1, 2 & 3, but never played 4th part, that 3D one, I heard it was worst of all, so i never bought it, what do you think?

Edit: Yes, Lucas Arts used to make great adventures...

[This message has been edited by total (edited June 10, 2002).]

13. Methylviolet Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Wowee, Blackthorn. How unbelievably cool. Is not this *another* first for LoTR? Has there ever been a DVD that gave you so much extra material?

Before this, I would have said the "Dungeons and Dragons" DVD won that prize -- had it not been for that terrible movie, I never would have bought BGII.

But truly, I don't know when I have had such high expectations of a movie as I did of LotR-- and yet, they have been more than gratified.

Peter Jackson for president.

14. Findol The Swift Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well, today on my third day off from school I went completely bored. It rained a little a few times. And did some more lawn work. I'm getting very mad at Media Play. Does it really take this long to get a game in that is in the warhouse?

15. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Well I have a new adiction:rolling:

I'm off the SP:yot: and on the IJ(Indiana Jones):love:

16. C'Jakob Guest

This is strange, SP is now selling 1984? :confused:

[Edit:] And Brave New World?

Oh, well, it's good if people buy more books like those.

[This message has been edited by C'Jakob (edited June 11, 2002).]

17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Findol the Swift, I totally agree. I have watched the DVD about billion times since I got it. Snape is so cool!

/me has a major crush on Snape

Edit: It's so boring in the chatroom... no one else around....

Ara
    (Oddment! Tweak! Oblong!)

[This message has been edited by Arabwel (edited June 11, 2002).]

18. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I like Harry Potter

Does anyone here write stories for fun? I'm doing several at the moment, Gosh! I'm doing six! :eek:

19. DinoTiggy1 Guest

My little sister has the video, she's only 11. And she won't stop watching it, after a while it begins to get very very boring. Especially after about the sixteenth time.

Bye bye, there goes the school bell...

20. Eze&Sharkie Guest

I write stories too, I have two up in ff.net under Ezellohar Shark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.