1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Post for random babbling, possibly with some sense, #4

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, May 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Welcome back AlienBoy. Where ya been?
    Findol: That's ok i just looked at the times and they were like 2 mins apart so we both throught together, but i'm faster :grin:
    I'm seeing AotC tommorow, for the first time. Yes i held out this long but now i can't be bothered to keep not seeing it anymore :tie::happy::tie:

2. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I know the whole plot to aotc now. I havent even seen the movie:( Owell I'm not going to till it comes out on DVD like so many other movies.

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Just wanted to say hi, guys, and thanks for the farewell. The school library is available for me at least for some time, so I can still lurk during the summer.... BUt I don't have enough time to spam....

Ara
    (Libraries are the closest thing to Heaven on Earth.... :))

4. Findol The Swift Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well, today is my last day of school, I graduated yesterday. I got a letter from the president along with almost every other sixth grader. I got a good amount of other awards too, such as math bowl, word masters, I got my Elementary School Dimploma,(HAHAHAH!!!)umm, humm, theres more but I can't remember them.

5. total Guest

[​IMG] Last day of school for me too ;)

But i have to go next week for some exams that couldnt fit in! :mad:

6. Findol The Swift Gems: 5/31

I'm out of school!!!!!! WOO WOO!

7. C'Jakob Guest

Today heralds the first time I've used mIRC.

Hooray for me.

8. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] /me cheers for C'Jakob

Mystra is clever -

Now is that a yes or a no?

(stupid shops sold out of Gamecubes :grr: )

9. Findol The Swift Gems: 5/31

I'm on my first day off of school, and as bored as can be. I'm waiting for the mail and hope to get a letter from media play saying my game is in (advance wars for the GBA) I want to get I want Tony Hawks' Pro Skater 4 to come out soon. Does anyone know a good website to find out about games for the gamcube? I go to gamespot but they're starting to do this thing were you have to be a member. But I'm not 13, and they want to know my home address, I just want to find a website that stays up to date and is free and you don't have to be a member. On the topic of gamecube, they have the new wave bird controller out. No wait, they don't have it out but I got to test it, It's really neat. It has 16 different radio waves, and it goes through walls and stuff. Up to 20 feet away. So I recomend it to anyone that gets really annoyed by cords.

[This message has been edited by Findol The Swift (edited June 08, 2002).]

10. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Try http://cube.ign.com/ It's mostly free, there is an 'insider' section but all of the insider stuff is made free in after about 2 weeks, or about 3 days for major reviews.

11. Findol The Swift Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Well today on my first day off from school, I worked, a lot. We have this grant thing for our neighborhood. All I know is that we get $200 to spend on our front yard garden. And guess what? My parents made us kids, (3 of us) do a bunch of work we're most likly going to ruin anyways from playing football (american and regular) and other sports! Oh well, at least I'm off school. But I have somehting to look forward to tommorow! I get to go swimming after I do more lawn work! Also, I'm really mad still at Media Play.:mad:

12. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Woohoo!! My team got cremated!! 58-0. I could talk for hours about the sack I ALMOST got and the tackles I ALMOST made...but I won't :). Just thought I should start a weekly update on the progress of my team.....

[This message has been edited by Faerus Stoneslammer (edited June 09, 2002).]

13. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

[​IMG] 10000 words is bloody long for an essay.:coffee::coffee::coffee:

didn't help

:sleep:

14. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'm starting to get back onto the console scene with the purchase of Metal Gear Solid 2.. more newschecks of IGN, etc. Consoles definitely have their own style.. less deep than a PC CRPG, but better graphics and artistic nature... Ah well. Whether this is a good thing or a bad thing is yet to be determined..

[This message has been edited by TheBlackRose (edited June 09, 2002).]

15. some useless facts:

"'Dog kennel' is redundant The Latin 'canis' (dog) served as the base for the word 'canile' (dog house) This word entered French as 'kenel', which the English changed to kennel Thus, a kennel couldn't technically be for anything else but dogs"
    "'E' is the most frequently used letter in the English alphabet, 'Q' the least"
    "'Fine turkey' and 'honeycomb' are terms used for different qualities and textures of sponges"
    "'Flushable' toilets were in use in ancient Rome."
    "'Fortnight' is a contraction of 'fourteen nights.' In the US 'two weeks' is more commonly used."
    "'Hang on Snoopy' is the official rock song of Ohio"
    "'Hat trick' comes from cricket, where at one time, if a player scored three consecutive wickets, he was awarded a hat"
    "'I am' is the shortest complete sentence in the English language"
    "'Jaws' is the most common name for a goldfish"
    "'Kemo Sabe' means 'soggy shrub' in Navajo"
    "'Lanugo' is the soft woolly hair that covers the human fetus, and that of other mammals, during development It is shed and virtually disappears at birth"
    "'Long in the tooth,' meaning 'old,' was originally used to describe horses. As horses age, their gums recede, giving the impression that their teeth are growing. The longer the teeth look, the older the horse."
    "'Nice' is derived from the Latin 'nescius', ignorant (from 'nescire', 'not to know') Its meaning in the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries commonly was 'foolish' or 'wanton'"
    "'Ough' can be pronounced in eight different ways. The following sentence contains them all: 'A rough-coated, dough-faced ploughman strode through the streets of Scarborough, coughing and hiccoughing thoughtfully."
    "'Ping-Pong' is a registered trademark of Parker Brothers"
    "'Q' is the only letter of the alphabet that doesn't appear in the name of any of the United States"
    "'Rhythms' and 'syzygy' are the longest English words without vowels"
    "'Second string,' meaning 'replacement or backup,' comes from the middle ages. An archer always carried a second string in case the one on his bow broke."
    "'Singapore' means 'City of Lions,' but none have ever been seen there"
    "'Smut' gets its name from the fungus that lives in corn kernels"
    "'Stewardesses' is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand"
    "'Strength' is the longest English word with only one vowel"
    "'The Mouse Trap,' by Agatha Christie is the longest running play in history."
    "'Typewriter' is the longest word that can be made using the letters on only one row of the keyboard"
    "'Vader' (as in Darth) means 'father' in Dutch"
    "'Whence' means 'from where,' so 'from whence' is redundant"
    "100,000 cubic feet of water pours over the Niagra Falls every second"
    "100,000 years ago, the human gestation period was 15 months"
    "19th century tooth powder often contained porcelain, smashed coral or cuttlefish bone"
    "2,500 lefties die each year using products designed for righties"
    "25% of all cookies baked in the United States are chocolate chip"
    "27% of US male college students believe life is a meaningless existential hell"
    "3% of all photos taken in the US are taken at Disney World or Disneyland"
    "4,000 people are injured by teapots each year"
    "40% of McDonald's profits come from the sales of Happy Meals"
    "54% of Americans prefer to 'fold' their toilet paper rather than 'wad' it"
    "67 million pounds of pesticides and about 3 million tons of fertilizer are used annually on lawns in the US."
    "70% of VCR owners say they’ve never used the timer function"
    "74% of American women say their biggest dating turn-off is foul language"
    "82% of the workers on the Panama Canal suffered from malaria"
    "83% of people hit by lightning are men"
    "84% of a raw apple is water."
    "99% of India’s truck drivers can’t read road signs"
    "99% of the solar systems mass is concentrated in the sun"
    "A 'Blue Moon' is the second full moon in a calendar month (it is rarely blue)."
    "A 'clue' originally meant a ball of thread Hence, one 'unravels' the clues of a mystery"
    "A 'duffer' is Australian slang for a cattle thief"
    "A 'femtosecond' is one quadrillionth of a second"
    "A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time It is 1/100 of a second"
    "A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second."
    "A 1,200-pound horse eats about seven times it's own weight each year."
    "A Cornish game hen is really a young chicken, usually 5 to 6 weeks of age, that weighs no more than 2 pounds."
    "A Holstein's spots are like a fingerprint or snowflake. No two cows have exactly the same pattern of spots."
    "A Saudi Arabian woman can get a divorce if her husband doesn't give her coffee."
    "A Sphygmomanometer measures blood pressure."
    "A baby in Florida was named: Truewilllaughinglifebuckyboomermanifestdestiny His middle name is George James"
    "A baby is born every seven seconds"
    "A baby oyster is called a spat"
    "A barking dog is not usually a sign of aggressive behavior Barking is the domesticated dogs' alarm to others in his pack--canine or human--that something is wrong or that an intruder is present It is the silent, snarling or growling dog that is actually most dangerous"
    "A barnacle has the largest penis of any other animal in the world in relation to its size"
    "A bathometer is an instrument for indicating the depth of the sea beneath a moving vessel."
    "A bear has 42 teeth"
    "A bee has 5,000 nostrils"
    "A bird requires more food in proportion to its size than a baby or a cat."
    "A blind chameleon still changes colors to match his environment"
    "A bowling pin needs to tilt only 75 degrees to fall"
    "A building in Belgium was taxed if there was a street light on itunless a statue of the Virgin Mary were place above it Hence, there are no buildings in the city without a statue of the Virgin Mary"
    "A butterfly has 12,000 eyes"
    "A can of Spam is opened every 4 seconds"
    "A capon is a castrated rooster."
    "A cat has 32 muscles in each ear"
    "A cat has 32 muscles in each ear."
    "A cat in Japan says 'neow'"
    "A cat in Thailand says 'mao'"
    "A cat is more inclined to watch TV than a dog, says the experts (A cat relies more on vision, less on smell)"
    "A cat's jaws cannot move sideways."
    "A chameleon's tongue is twice the length of its body"
    "A chameleon's tongue is twice the length of its body."
    "A chimpanzee can learn to recognize itself in a mirror, but monkeys can't."
    "A cluster or bunch of bananas is called a 'hand' Individual bananas are called 'fingers'"
    "A cockroach can live several weeks with its head cut off"
    "A cough releases an explosive charge of air that moves at speeds up to 60 mph."
    "A cow gives nearly 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime."
    "A cow in Thailand says 'oo-ah'"
    "A cow's only sweat glands are in its nose"
    "A cucumber is 96% water."
    "A day on Jupiter lasts about 9 hours, 50 minutes and 30 seconds at the equator"
    "A dime has 118 ridges around the edge"
    "A dog can suffer from tonsillitis, but not appendicitis They don't have an appendix"
    "A dog can't hear the lowest key on a piano"
    "A dog in Bangkok says 'bahk-bahk'"
    "A dog in East Africa says 'woo-woo'"
    "A dog in Japan says 'wan-wan'"
    "A dog in Russia says 'gahf-gahft'"
    "A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why"
    "A eunuch can't grow a beard"
    "A face-off in hockey used to be called a 'puck-off,' but was soon changed for obvious reasons"
    "A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate"
    "A female mackerel lays about 500,000 eggs at one time."
    "A fetus acquires fingerprints at the age of three months."
    "A fingernail or toenail takes about 6 months to grow from base to tip."
    "A fireplace is called a 'mantelpiece' because at one time people hung their coats (or 'mantles') over the fireplace to dry them"
    "A fog belt 50 ft deep over an area of 104 square miles contains no more moisture that single bucket of water"
    "A fully loaded supertanker travelling at normal speed takes a least 20 minutes to stop"
    "A ghost writer pens an anonymous book."
    "A giraffe can go without water longer than a camel"
    "A giraffe's blood pressure is at least twice that of a healthy man"
    "A goldfish has a memory span of 3 seconds"
    "A gozzard is a person who owns geese"
    "A group of bears is called a sleuth"
    "A group of jellyfish is called a 'smack'"
    "A group of kangaroos is called a mob"
    "A group of owls is called a parliament"
    "A group of ravens is called a murder"
    "A group of unicorns is called a blessing"
    "A hamlet is a village without a church and a town is not a city until it has a cathedral."
    "A hippopotamus can open its mouth wide enough to accommodate a 4-foot-tall child"
    "A hippopotamus can run faster than a man"
    "A hockey puck is three inches in diameter, one inch thick and weighs 55 to 6 ounces"
    "A horse expends more energy lying down than standing up"
    "A human being loses an average of 40 to 100 strands of hair a day."
    "A jellyfish is 95 percent water"
    "A jogger's heel strikes the ground about 1,500 times per mile"
    "A jumbo jet uses 4,000 gallons of fuel to take off"
    "A kangaroo can only jump if its tail is touching the ground"
    "A law passed in Nebraska in 1912 really set down some hard rules of the road Drivers in the country at night were required to stop every 150 yards, send up a skyrocket, then wait eight minutes for the road to clear before proceeding cautiously, all the while blowing their horn and shooting off flares"
    "A lump of pure gold the size of a matchbox can be flattened into a sheet the size of a tennis court."
    "A married man is four times more likely to die during sex if his partner isn’t his wife"
    "A misomaniac is someone who hates everything"
    "A mule won't sink in quicksand but a donkey will"
    "A new book is published every 13 minutes in America"
    "A newborn expels its own body weight in waste every 60 hours"
    "A newborn kangaroo is about 1 inch in length."
    "A newborn turkey chick has to be taught to eat, or it will starve"
    "A normal spider has about 600 silk glands on its body that it uses to spin its web"
    "A notch in a tree will remain the same distance from the ground as the tree grows."
    "A pencil will write in zero gravity, upside down and under water"
    "A perfect game in baseball is one in which the same player pitches the entire game without allowing any player of the opposing team to reach first base -- by any means."
    "A person at rest generates as much heat as a 100-watt lightbulb"
    "A person cannot taste food unless it is mixed with saliva"
    "A person swallows approx 295 times while eating dinner"
    "A person usually chews a piece of gum 5,500 times before spitting it out"
    "A person will die from total lack of sleep sooner than from starvation. Death will occur about 10 days without sleep, while starvation takes a few weeks."
    "A poem written to celebrate a wedding is called an epithalamium."
    "A poll of 3,000 Americans found that for 41 percent, the thing they're most afraid of is speaking before a group of people. 32 percent stated they were afraid of heights."
    "A quarter has 119 grooves around the edge"
    "A quarter of the horses in the US died of a vast virus epidemic in 1872."
    "A rat can go without water longer than a camel can"
    "A rat can last longer without water than a camel can."
    "A room with bath is perpetually reserved in one of Java's best hotels for the goddess of the South Sea, Njai Loro Kidul"
    "A rooster in Germany says 'ay-ee-ache-ache'"
    "A scallop has 35 blue eyes"
    "A scorpion could survive for three weeks if it was embedded in a block of ice"
    "A seagull drinks salt water because it has special glands that filter out the salt"
    "A shark can detect one part of blood in 100 million parts of water"
    "A single share of Coca-Cola stock, purchased in 1919, when the company went public, would have been worth $92,500 in 1997."
    "A six-pound sea hare can lay 40,000 eggs in a single minute"
    "A sixteenth English law allowed men to beat their wives--but only before 10 pm"
    "A snail's reproductive organs are in its head"
    "A sneeze can exceed the speed of 100 mph."
    "A sneeze can travel as fast as 100 miles per hour"
    "A speleologist studies caves."
    "A sport practiced in ancient China consisted of placing two angry male quails in a large glass bowl and watching as the creatures clawed each other to death"
    "A square foot of lawn has 3,000 blades of grass A square foot of fairway has 4,500 A putting green has close to 8,000"
    "A squid has 10 tentacles"
    "A stingray never actually sees the food as it eats, since its eyes are on top of its head and its mouth and nostrils are on the bottom"
    "A stretched out Slinky is 87 feet long"

I got 34 pages more of them.

16. Findol The Swift Gems: 5/31

My day today was much better then yesterday. I got to go swimming. I swam from 1:00, to 5:00. With a small break. Now my summer vacation is coming along. Hopefully there will be more days like today, even though I had to do a little more stupid yard work, but I'm not going to complain, I got to go swimming!:)

17. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Hey am I imagining things or have we got another new moderator?:alien::hmm:

18. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

You speak of Extremist, I assume?

19. [​IMG] Couple of repetitions in that long list Trillex:
    ;) Just thought youd like to know taht all those say the same thing, just with a slight variation.

20. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Oh there's a monkey in my pocket
    and he's stealing all my change
    his eyes are blank and glassy
    I suspect that he's deranged

- Guybrush Threepwood :grin:

Download this and much more Guybrush fun at Subsection #6 of the BG2 Editors, Hacks & Custom Characters. You know you like Guybrush.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.