1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Post for random babbling, possibly with some sense, #3

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Apr 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArchAngel Guest

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG]
    DAY 23

Mos Espa Slave Quarters

"I was wondering something..." - Anakin

"What?" - Qui-Gon

"Well, ahhh...you're a Jedi Knight, aren't you?" - Anakin

"What makes you think that?" - Qui-Gon

"I saw your laser sword. Only Jedi carry that kind of weapon." - Anakin

(Qui-Gon leans back and slowly smiles)

"Perhaps I killed a Jedi and stole it from him." - Qui-Gon

"I don't think so... No one can kill a Jedi Knight." - Anakin

"I wish that were so..." - Qui-Gon

NEWS

There will be some midnight madness going on tonight. Tonight at 12:01 am, everything AOTC goes on sale. And tomorrow the Across the Stars Music Video airs (MTV and official site for sure).

But today was no slack day for Star Wars either. 3 new commercials aired, bringing the total # of commercials floating around out there to 6. In the style of the Profession: Bounty Hunter commercial, comes one for
    Anakin , Obi-Wan , and R2-D2 each. Enjoy.

3. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

YOU KNOW YOU'RE LIVING IN THE MODERN ERA WHEN...

1. Your reason for not staying in touch with family is because they do not have an e-mail address.

2. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.

3. Your grandmother asks you to send her a JPEG file of your newborn so she can create a screen saver.

4. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home.

5. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the first 20 or 30 years of your life, is now a cause for
    panic turn around to go get it.

6. Using real money, instead of credit or debit, to make a purchase would be a hassle and take planning.

7. You just tried to enter your password on the microwave.

8. You consider second-day air delivery painfully slow.

9. You hear most of your jokes via e-mail instead of in person.

10. You get an extra phone line so you can get phone calls.

11. You disconnect from the Internet and get this awful feeling, as if you just pulled the plug on a loved one.

12. You get up in the morning and go online before you bath.

13. You wake up at 2 AM to go to the bathroom and check your E-mail on your way back to bed.

14. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. :)

4. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

15. You have no real life but instead spend most of your time at www.sorcerers.net. Sorry all of you, but it had to be said.

By the way, I am a fan of the site.

[This message has been edited by SlimShogun (edited April 23, 2002).]

5. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Match one;

ArchAngel Vs. Soundcard
    Elapsed time; 4 hours.
    0-1

Match Report; Archangel had a cocky start trying to install network drivers as sound. Then realised the mess. Fumbled with the controlpanels and got 4 conflicts.
    No drivers would work. Online help gave a little, But demanded Winzip.
    Later he found several drivers which gave minor results. from Zero sound or slight humming to Machinegun sound. After a 4 hours struggle with reloads and online driver fetching, the Sound card eventually wore ArchAngel down.
    0-1

Prematch analasys;

Tomorrow ArchAngel is likely to split his computer apart and read all technical data on the chipset. possible BIOS war. Sound Blaster on the other will likely have an unchanged tactic. Presumably it will continue its cool strategy. Denying any rationel or irrational data input. It will most likely also force numerous timeconsuming computer restarts.

Odds 20%- 80%

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited April 23, 2002).]

6. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] "Never tell me the odds" sorry but with all the star wars atmosphere around it just needed to be said. Hmm so any words from the under-dog challenger in this heavy-weight bout against the undefeated champion *drum roll* THE SOUND BLASTER!!
    Any last words archangel before the bell goes for the second round?

[This message has been edited by Lazy Bonzo (edited April 23, 2002).]

7. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

plagiarist!

Anyway:

Two down :) two to go :(

8. C'Jakob Guest

I'm moving this week. For the first time in my life, I'll actually be living in a home with more than two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and one story.

9. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] I think earth needs an Alien invasion...

If people can be so coiled up over something as insignificant as stray remarks and Stereotypes. Boooring. Pathetic. Useless. But afterall. I am a "Mountain Man". I would rather do some Hiking than be annoyed over what other people think my country is or isn't. Which is indeed true afterall. :heh:

10. Big B Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] On May 16th we're getting an invasion of clones, is that good enough for you Noble_Angel? ;)

DAY 22

Obi_Wan Kenobi's Dwelling

"I have something here for you. Your father wanted you to have this when you were old enough, but your uncle wouldn't allow it. He
    feared you might follow old Obi-Wan on some damned-fool idealistic crusade like your father did." - Obi-Wan

"What is it?" - Luke

"Your fathers lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or as random as a blaster. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age. For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire." - Obi-Wan

NEWS

Across the Stars Music Video can now be seen at the official site. It had it's ups and downs. Ups were they have cleaned up a lot of the images from earlier trailers, the shots are looking gorgeous now. They also sampled new music other than the Across the Stars Love Theme. That's where the downs come into play, because instead of just the Across the Stars Theme like I was expecting, they cut into it with other new music, even music that didn't really fit at times. Sort of like a smorgus board rather than doing real justice to the beautiful theme. But that's ok, go get the soundtrack if you like what you hear. John Williams is awesome. Unfortunately there was no behind the scenes shots or much new footage. Lots of shots of the London Symphony Orchestra and Williams composing. Overall, TPM's Duel of the Fates music video was better IMHO. But on the flip side, Attack of the Clones is a better movie overall than TPM, as we are getting into the heart of the story, and that's what matters the most.

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I just want to warn you people that I shall be more than incoherent and less that correct in my use of English language due not having slept in over 25 hours. That's all.

Also, I made an observation last night around four o clock: Unused CDs smell odd.

Edit: At the moment I have been up for 32 hours. Ugh.

Ara
    (Spam? Who? Me?)

[This message has been edited by Arabwel (edited April 24, 2002).]

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Did someone ask for an alien invasion?

:borg: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :borg:

13. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] The top 10 reasons why beer is better than women:

10...You can have a beer in public.

9...When you go to a bar you can
    always pick up a beer.

8...A beer won't get upset when you
    come home with beer on your breath.

7...You can enjoy a beer all month long.

6...A beer doesn't get jealous when you
    grab another beer.

5...You always know you're the first one
    to pop a beer.

4...You don't have to wash a beer before
    it tastes good.

3...A beer is always wet.

2...A beer always goes down easy.

1...You can share a beer with
    your friends.

14. C'Jakob Guest

Well, it's not like anyone cares, but I'm probably going to be taking a leave from the Boards for a week or two. I love SP, but the topics around here are just boring me a bit, and the forums I love just don't suit me anymore. Besides, I gotta start focusing on schoolwork and finals, and maybe I'll work on my Creativity Surge for a while. Well, in short, I say goodbye to you all temporarily. I'm sure I won't be missed. ;)

Cheers,
    Creudzfeldt.

15. ArchAngel Guest

Baaah. Stick around. SP can't ruin your schoolwork. Especially if the toppics bore you. They are a bit singlefiled, I agree. But that is just whatnots. In a day or two they'll be over and new ones will emerge. Anyway Good luck with the creative surge ;)

16. Big B Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] *********************
    DAY 21 (aka 3 weeks!)

Hoth Rebel Base, Medical Center

"Master Luke, sir, it's so good to see you fully functional again." -C-3PO

"How are you feeling, kid? You don't look so bad to me. In fact, you look strong enough to pull the ears off a Gundark." - Han

"Thanks to you." - Luke

"That's two you owe me, junior." - Han

(Han turns to Leia with a big, devilish grin.)

"Well your Worship, looks like you managed to keep me around for a little while longer." - Han

"I had nothing to do with it. General Rieekan thinks it's dangerous for any ships to leave the system until we've activated the energy shield." - Leia

"That's a good story. I think you just can't bear to let a gorgeous guy like me out of your sight." - Han

"I don't know where you get your delusions, laser brain." - Leia

(Chewie is amused and laughs)

"Laugh it up, fuzzball. But you didn't see us alone in the south passage...she expressed her true feelings for me." - Han

"My...! Why, you stuck up,... half-witted... scruffy-looking ...nerf-herder!" - Leia

"Who's scruffy-looking?" - Han (turns to Luke) "I must have hit pretty close to the mark to get her all riled up like that, huh, kid?"

"Well, I guess you don't know everything about women yet." - Leia

(Leia kisses Luke) Bleh! ;) :p

NEWS

There's a Padme commercial here in the same style as the latest ones, and we now see were Leia gets her wild streak.

Today was an awesome day for SW speculation. A few guys who have read R.A. Salvatore's recent novelization of Attack of the Clones (based on the script), think they have cracked the theory of what it takes to dissapear and/or come back in spirit form/ talk in one's mind form for a Jedi. Although the question is not entirely answered in Episode II, we do get some new stuff to ponder and speculate on...

Anyways, it's really exciting stuff and I'll share it after Clones comes out. One thing is for sure... Clones leaves you wondering about a good number of things... a smart move by Lucas because you would think that with just Episode III left, we would know how it's going to turn it. Well there's some interesting pieces added to the puzzle. There will be a lot of speculation up until Episode III, and there's nothing wrong with a good ol' SW debate ;) :grin:.

[This message has been edited by Big B (edited April 25, 2002).]

17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    A great way to get inrto state of drunkenness without causing any toxic damage to your body: Stay awake for a couple of says. I wwas so far off last night that I was doing nothing else but giggling and shuddering. Oh, and biting my dictionary. :)

Ara
    (Oh, but you still get a hangover. I am trying to not to fall asleep on the keyboard...)

18. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Well, I don't visit this boards very much anymore but when somoene misses me next week... I'm om holiday to france for a week... I return monday 6/5 and hope to be able to visit this place some more then.

19. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Marnix, do let us know if the french are rude. It's pertinent to conversations in several other threads. Thanks :p :rolleyes:

20. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Biting your dictionary?

Some inner conflicts with people named Roget, or had you been using it as a pillow just prior?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.