1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Post for random babbling, possibly with some sense, #3

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Apr 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Enlighten me... What is the milkshake theory - or do I just not want to know? :nolike:

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Anakin's father wants nothing to do with him because the brat can't act a bit. :)

Ara
    (Having very achy earlobes because she wears too heavy earrings. Ouch.)

3. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

CL: If you remember the film twins - Ahnuld and Danny DeVito are supposed to play twins. The mother is the perfect woman (sic) and the father... well the father is a cocktail ('milkshake') of well... several different fathers - like one is a sportsman, one is a genius mathematician, one is an artist etc.

Err... as far as I could understand there is no molecular biology involved they just sort of mix them up... err

4. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I use the Empire army. I kicked by dwarves every time too. I think I need the empire book to help me. Maybe some advice on how to move my army about too. I new but I know most all the rules.

5. Masher Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

6. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Day 27 Coruscant Balcony, night

"Tatooine is sparsely populated. If the trace was correct, I will find them quickly, Master." - Darth Maul

"Move against the Jedi first...you will then have no difficulty taking the Queen back to Naboo, where she will sign the treaty." - Darth Sidious

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge." - Darth Maul

"You have been well trained, my young apprentice, they will be no match for your skills." - Darth Sidious

Why can't some people just accept the fact that Anakin doesn't have a physical father? Enough with the conspiracy theories already :p.

7. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Thx for opening a new world Vukodlak :D

Thehehe. I think Darth Maul is Anakins father. And Lord Dubious (sorry BigB :p) is his grand father. That is why he is so caring at the end of Episode one.

And it fits with Darth Maul. Anakins mother and Maul were at a party, and some jedies painted Maul with Acme-non-removable paint while he was drunk. They thought he looked cool as the devil. So did Anakins mother, so they shagged. The next morning she told him that it was just a one night stand. Who could live with the devil and a sinister father in law?

Now he wants revenge, of course, and his father "Lord Dubious" finances it.

At the same party someone dropped Yoda in a big bowl of LSD and Acid which has forever dominated his destiny and his size..... :1eye:

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited April 19, 2002).]

8. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31

Veteran

His destiny beig to drink with Nobleman until the world ends... :grin:

Anyway, BigB (Darth BigBious - Anakin's father? - nonono this is getting silly...:toofar: somebody hit me over the head with a lightsabre) I am trying to get to the bottom of this. I'm not just going to trust someone who says they experienced parthenogenesis. I only heard of one other case and am working to confirm that one as well...

9. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

I was severly imbaressed today. I was eating lunch like always with my buds. Anyways this hot girl comes walking past in her little skirt and nice looking top. She walks past and not even ten feet away I say, "She's hot!" I didnt even know that I said it. My friends just started to laugh and I was like, "What are you laughing about?" When I relized what it was that they were laughing at I was reder then....red. :o

10. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] some insect like hunnybees are know to delve into parthenogenesis. Perhaps Anakin is a Hunnybee? Or those killer bees?

Some mammal egg cells, like a rabbit's has been stimulated succesfully stimulated with chemicals and temperature changes.

I know Gregory Pincus did it back in the mid thirties with a rabbit.

But the force can have a strong influence on the weak minded.. Is an egg cell weak minded?

Ok, hit me with that lightsaber of sensibility too :D

EDIT; Awwwwww DRSW. It is spring :) Summertime is in the air. Ask her for a walk on the beach and a picnick in the sand... bring a blanket and watch the sun setting. Oh well. Or just daydream :D

EDIT; EDIT; YAY! I was just connected to SP chat with java applet for one minute before the system crashed. So I guess I have 1 in a million chance of beating the system.. Are you telling me I have a chance :D *Snicker*

11. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31

Veteran

Actually, it's been done in Rhesus monkeys recently. No viable embryos, of course, but they survive for long enough to extract pluripotent stem cells. There's already talk of using this as a source for stem cells in humans to get around some of the ethical issues that were discussed in the ethics topic. For ladies only, naturally.

Geez, Ol' George may have somthing going here... :alien:

EDIT: Nobleman, just saw your edit and a quote just dislodged itself from my mind:

NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS!!

[This message has been edited by Vukodlak (edited April 19, 2002).]

12. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] And the plot thickens...

Shame on me anyway :o. Why didn't I make that connection. Sure Cyno-1, might indeed be a resemblance to Anakin's origins.

that would make Jose Cibelli co-starring as the midichlorians. (I had to do a search. Mitochondrians kept popping up in my head) :lol:

EDIT; I forgot..

Luke: I'll just play the Naive; Is the parthenogenesis stronger?

Yoda: I am the truly wise old green blob; No quicker more tempting. Once you parthenogenesis forever will it dominate your destiny.

Luke; I still don't understand.. Will it control my actions?

Yoda: Good thing I am patient... Partually, but parthenogenesis also obeys your commands. In time you'll learn to parthenogenesis.

Luke: but but. it is impossible to parthenogenesis once you are born!

Yoda: Always with you what cannot be done. Nothing more will I teach you today....

13. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

Dragonrider, the best tactic I could say for the Empire really depends on who you're fighting. If you want to fight the Dwarfs again you shouldn't have too much trouble if you follow some simple tactical points:
    -Artillery and Archers in the back (preferably on a hill)
    -Cavalry in the front (preferably screening the archers, and angled towards the Dwarf's main unit [unit led by general])
    -Don't even try to go against the Dwarf's infantry with yours, unless you outnumber them at least 2-to-1, but try to send your infantry against the Dwarven archers (or gunmen or artillery) but watch out for mild-heavy casualties.
    -If the Dwarfs are fielding Slayers (red-headed psycho Dwarfs) aim your artillery and archers at them, their lack of armour should make them easier to kill.
    -If the Dwarfs are fielding Ironbreakers (super-heavy infantry with a 1+ or 2+ save) shoot your artillery at them, but aim your archers/gunmen at the Dwarven infantry
    -Your cavalry should charge the main Dwarven infantry, if you have enough men, try to support the cavalry with an infantry unit.

That's pretty much all I can say, with the limited knowledge I have of your army (I play High Elves, so my Empire tactics are a little rusty), hope it helps.

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    By the way, I am intrigued.... Is it a LightSABER or a LightSABRE? I have seen both spellings in the novels, so I am not sure.... Is it an English-English/American-English thing?

Edit: Chatroom is being all wacky, once again. Mystra is nowhere to be seen and I have a red spider next to my name....

Ara
    (Tiny Toons are my heroes! Nah, not really...)

[This message has been edited by Arabwel (edited April 19, 2002).]

15. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

do any of you know that fairy tales teaches polygamy? let me give an example...

1. who is the husband of cinderalla?
    2. who is the husband of snow white?

yes, you are correct, it's prince charming, one guy and two wives...

and fairy tales also teaches stealing and killing. and the best example... jack (and the beanstalk). he robbed the giant and murdered the giant when he came after him. :)

so before you read those stories to your children, think. he he he

btw, sleeping beauty also married prince charming. :D

16. Xenecor Gems: 10/31

The books or movies don't say "Prince Charming" in all of them. They merely mention "The Prince." Specification as to what prince is not usually made.

I do, however, have a Pinocchio book that I threw away because Pinocchio was hanging by his neck in a noose. That wasn't quite something I wanted to teach my daughter. I also won't let her watch the movie because of the kids smoking cigars in it.

17. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

My army is only a about 50 points under the 1000 point goal. I have:
    ~1Gerneral with 8 knights
    ~16 spearmen
    ~16 handgunners
    ~Archers
    ~A cannon
    I'm going to try and use some of those tips and see what happens. I really dont have anything to lose. I only have really two problems when fighting dwarves(the only thing any one has to fight.) Is that their are two cannons and his units are bigger then mine.

18. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31

I don't think Partenogenesis would work in Jedis - They have been around too long, and to stay at the top of their game they would have to be able to evolve far quicker than would be allowed by simple asexual division. They would also aquire too many deliterious characters (Mullers [?] ratchet), and would eventually start to lose their powers.

Perhaps they are facultative asexuals?

19. DemoGorgon Guest

"Since
    you pre-ordered Icewind Dale II prior to the announcement of the Collector's
    edition we are automatically UPGRADING YOUR ORDER to receive the Collector's
    Edition at the price of your original order."

WOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Collector's edition for me!! I get an Ice Dice!

20. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

He has bigger units eh? but does he have more?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.