1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Post for random babbling, possibly with some sense, #3

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Apr 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That is great news indeed Big B! :grin:
    Now I must find my jedi cloak and my "glowinthedark" Lightsabre for 4,99$ from ToysRus and im I am ready! :borg:

2. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

That's ridiculous - why does your high school grades make a difference to your driving ability? surely this is eugenics?

What high school grades did dubya get? I know his inaugaration speech had the reading age of a seventh grader (or something like that - the result for "readability" you get in a Word summary was very low...)

3. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I am looking forward to Ep2!!! But I was doing a little digging on the web, and came up with this...It's a very rough copy of the LOTR: The Two Towers trailer. There are some neat scenes in it! One cheesy point though, they name the two towers as Orthanc and Minas Mordor....What happened to Minas Tirith? And Arwen has waaaay too much time in this trailer, oh well. View it and decide for yourself!!!
    http://www.movie-list.com/l/lordoftheringstrilogy.shtml

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Stupid QuickTime I hate it! :toofar:
    Why the hell do they use that crap! Heck even Windows media player are better! :mad:
    You have to download a ton of programs to get quicktime to work, and then you cant even download the freaking movie! :flaming:
    You have to see it in you browser! :mad: :shame: :toofar: :flaming:

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

joacqin, I'm not sure what are you talking about.

QuickTime works and worked always for me, and there is only one file to download.

Not to say that the game Septerra Core WORKS even if you don't have it installed or the installation is corrupted.
    http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Christopher_Lee - Insurance is all based on statistics; those students with higher grades must be a lower risk of having a car accident than those with lower grades. I'm sure you can think of reasons why that could be so.

7. DemoGorgon Guest

If a tree falls in the forest, and lands on a mime, does anyone care?

I sure dont.

8. ArchAngel Guest

Have you been reading old post? This rings a bell.. Not Sir Bel *g*

(timeline:1574; Tycho Brahe, Observes that a comet is beyond the moon. The ten yeared old Galileo moves to Florence with his parents. the end of the second Shogunate Ashikaga Bakufu)

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited April 09, 2002).]

9. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

The new Star Wars Movie is coming out!? I shall have to prepare my shrine to Boba Fett for renewed worship!

10. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] This goes out to all our resident lawyers and SW fans alike:

I am about to take my business law test, "May the Tort be with me!" :hahaerr: :spin:

11. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31

GOOD LUCK young man!!! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

12. Well. What do you know. I hit Kangaxx the demi-lich with the Mace of Disruption, did 2 damage, he failed the save, and died. Interesting. He went from Uninjured to Dead. Teehee.

13. ArchAngel Guest

14. Kahliib Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

How many people have actually seen the bogey man? I am setting my goals for post-high school life. Yeah, thats right, I am a prepubescent bogey man.

15. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    And the angel of the lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into the vast farmlands of our own midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possesed me then. And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?" And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots! You see, Reverend AMaster, tomorrow is harvest day and to them it is the holocaust." And I sprang from my slumber drenched in sweat like the tears of one million terrified brothers and roared, "Hear me now, I have seen the light! They have a consciousness, they have a life, they have a soul! Damn you! Let the rabbits wear glasses! Save our brothers!" Can I get an amen? Can I get a hallelujah? Thank you Jesus

16. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31

As taken from Track 69 off of Tool's second CD and first full-length, Sober. Except the Angel spoke to Reverend Maynard. :rolleyes:

17. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Sir Bel, I believe that the Two Towers issue has been discussed in other threads, and the participants came to the conclusion that Minas Tirith was not one of the two because none of the characters get there until Return of the King.

18. Kahliib Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

For crying out loud--Who is the muffin man?

19. Turambar Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] More than anything else I hate these goddamned AMD processors

If I can write this message without it heating up and shutting the system down I will be a very happy man.....:mad::grr::flaming::shame:

20. Fru Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hmmm... how come Internet Explorer crashes so often, and high quality 3D games work fine on my computer? Not that I know anything about how they work, of course...

Why does my screen slowly get darker? Even at full brightness I struggle to see the underdark, or indeed anything at all in Thief.

Isn't it sad that Looking Glass is no more? Thief, System Shock, Terra Nova... no more sequels to them. Except Thief, of course, which was taken over by another developer.

Aren't halflings great? To quote Terry Pratchett in one of his books, can't remember which now, but it's a dwarf saying, who are also pretty short, "when his hands are higher than your head, his groin is level with your teeth."

Anyone play Daggerfall? Great first-person RPG that offered almost too much freedom. You could own houses and ships, become a werewolf, join guilds, anything.

Pity there's still going to be no NPCs in Icewind Dale 2. I missed having characters with... erm... character in the original. Still, it takes all sorts.

What's the point of asking the question if you don't want an answer? One hand makes the cl, the other makes the ap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.