1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Post for random babbling, possibly with some sense, #3

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Apr 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] ******
    DAY 4

Swamps of Dagobah

"I can't do it, Artoo. I can't go on alone." - Luke

"Yoda will always be with you." - Obi-Wan

Luke looks up to see the shimmering image of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

"Obi-Wan! Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father." -Luke

"You father was seduced by the dark side of
    the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker
    and became Darth Vader. When that happened,
    the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I have told you was true... from a certain point of view." - Obi-Wan

"A certain point of view!?" - Luke

"Luke, you're going to find that many of the
    truths we cling to depend greatly on our own
    point of view." - Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan pauses sadly.

"Anakin was a good friend." - Obi-Wan

Luke turns with interest at this.

"When I first knew him, your father was
    already a great pilot. But I was amazed how
    strongly the Force was with him. I took it
    upon myself to train him as a Jedi. I
    thought that I could instruct him just as
    well as Yoda. I was wrong." - Obi-Wan

"There's still good in him." - Luke

"He is more machine now than man. Twisted and evil." - Obi-Wan

"I can't do it, Ben." - Luke

"You cannot escape your destiny." - Obi-Wan

"I can't kill my own father." - Luke

"Then the Emperor has already won. You were
    our only hope." - Obi-Wan

NEWS

I feel like I should be qouting the rebel pilot in the ANH Death Star attack sequence concerning how close we are to Episode II :grin: "Almost there..." and "Stay on target"

An interesting SW/George Lucas article can be found here . It's not a review and contains no spoilers. It's just a neat article (especially the first part.)

Tonight's "tomatometer" comes in at 60% with 12 "fresh" reviews and 8 "rotten ones".

Lots of scenes here and there have been reported as cut from AOTC. Hopefully some will make it to DVD. Entire scenes of Padme and Anakin meeting her family on Naboo was cut, but I guess that's a good thing to many of you :p.

However, the news is, Lucas was shooting some footage last week and messing around with footage... hmmm... what's the flanneled one got up his sleeve? ;) :evil: ;)

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Sis bought two tickets for Episode 2 yesterday. May 18. ;)

3. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Ya it's so cool!:roll: The only problem is that I really dont understand it completly. They need to have Warhammer for Dummies.

4. [​IMG] Taluntain, I thought you hated your sis.

5. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] ******
    DAY 3

(spoilers if you've never seen Episode 1)

Theed Funeral Temple, Naboo

Qui-Gon's body goes up in flames as the Jedi Council, the Queen, Sio Bibble, Captain Panaka, twenty other Jedi, Chancellor Palpatine, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Jar Jar, and Boss Nass watch.

Anakin looks to Obi-Wan.

"What will happen to me now?" - Anakin

"I will train you." (pause) "You will become a Jedi, I promise." - Obi-Wan

To one side, Mace Windu turns to Yoda.

"There is no doubt the mysterious warrior was a Sith." - Mace Windu

"Always two there are....no more...no less. A master and an apprentice." - Yoda

"But which one was destroyed, the master or the apprentice?" - Mace Windu

They give each other a concerned look.
    (camera pan towards Chancellor Palpatine :evil: )

How come Qui-Gon did not dissapear when he died?

Why can't Yoda and Mace Windu detect Palpatine?

What questions will Episode II answer, and which ones will it bring up? Time will tell.

AOTC is going to bring up some questions though. There's going to be some good debates between now and Episode III. ;)

ESB has fans hanging on about Han's rescue and confirmation of Vader's disturbing revelation. We'll see what AOTC brings.

Premiere News
    Charity Screenings have begun!!! Here's a few words from some lucky witnesses:

Nick Dixon sends this:

I'm a TV Reporter in Glasgow, Scotland and I attended a very busy (400+) screening of Attack of the Clones at lunchtime. What a blast!

I was a little concerned about certain aspects of the movie after reading reviews but..I was worrying about nothing. I thought the film was fabulous. The Anakin-Padme love story was pretty convincing to me (some of the reviews I've read are particularly scathing about this and I now I really don't know why), FX mindblowing, Obi Wan was fantastic, dialogue was typical Star Wars stuff and as for Yoda... amazing. I really can't wait to see it again. I was there with my girlfriend, a non-SW fan, who loved it and also a 12 year old who was absolutely thrilled by it! I'd be surprised if many Star Wars fans are disappointed by this film.

Roll on Episode 3!

:grin:

Jeff Mullen also sends this report in from the New York screening:

PRE-PARTY
    So I just got back from the NYC Premiere and I must say that the Children's Aid Society put on a great pre-party show. To sum the pre-party show up in a few words ... about 75 professionally dressed actors ... professional gymnists doing some hardcore light saber duels on the balcony levels of the Embassy Suites ... a free star wars arcade (including no-pay cranes in which you could win all the new 5 1/4 inch figs) ... and yes NATALIE PORTMAN. Probably the second most satifying experience I have had in these wee 23 years was seeing Natalie Portman turn her head ... look at me ... smile ... then go back to auto-graph giving. (Other celebs I saw in person were Gov. Pataki, Susan Sarandon (who the hell knows how to spell this stuff), DENNIS LEARY (YEAH!!!!!), Liv Tyler (sitting next to Macauly Caulkan, James Earl Jones, Dan Akroyd ...)

REVIEW

Now onto the most satisfying experience (Natalie, if your reading this, I'm lying ... you were the most satisfying experience) ... ATTACK OF THE CLONES.

THIS WILL BE A NO SPOILER REVIEW SO READ ON.

There is no Spider-man, there is only Clones. As much as I loved Spider-man, Clones is amazing and will be the favorite of many for the next three years. In Speilberg's words "its my favorite". I know I might be hasty in saying such words, but WOW. For those who read the negative reviews ... all you should take out of it is who will be looking for a new job after the summer is over.

They said the love story sucked ... it was one of my favorite aspects of the film ...

They said the CGI looked fake and nothing technically new was done in the film ... The CGI was the best I've seen to date and there was definately a shot that I've never seen done before (imagine completely CGI world ... Toggle Iris out ... Zoom Iris in ... it gave the impression of a ground level handheld camera being manly being used to zoom into an entirely CGI shot).

They said the movie sucked ... Clones is arguably the best one to date. If you watched the overeall reaction of everyone after the film it was a most definate "HOLY S***". If you have allowed yourself to hear some spoilers DON'T WORRY, you're safe, you will be surprised. For those that have seen every trailer and commercial a few hundred times. Don't Worry, you haven't seen Anything.

If I could have one thing changed about clones??? I would make it 4 hours long... I mean I wish I could have sat next to Natalie Portman (I never thought much about her but after see clones ... Natlie Portman defines perfection)

Prepare yourselves guys ... Jeff Mullen

Let the Attack begin :borg: :D

[This message has been edited by Big B (edited May 13, 2002).]

6. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] not angels wolf, SAINTS! it's saints that are serious emotional manipulators.

18th may Tal? that's no good! you'll have to stay indoors on the 16th and 17th to prevent getting caught-up in any ep2 conversations! :evil:

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, I am going thorough a massive Epi II torment... The comic book version is available just about anywhere I go. And I, for once, hhave enough money to get it.... noooo.... I will not give in... nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :)

Ara
    (Your regural supplier of inane wisdom)

8. Eze&Sharkie Guest

*me casts protection from SW on herself*
    Sheesh,i hate myself for watching TPM in Friday. Now i have stupid thoughts about Obi-Wan COMPLETELY filling my friggin brainless head. Ah, whatever. *walks away struggling with weird thoughts about certain sexy guy*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.