1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Post for random babbling, possibly with some sense, #3

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Apr 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] ******
    DAY 6

Death Star Docking Bay 2037

Ben hurries along one of the tunnels leading to the hangar where the Millennium Falcon waits. Just before he reaches the hangar,
    Darth Vader steps into view at the end of the tunnel, not ten feet away. Vader lights his saber. Ben also ignites his and steps slowly forward.

"I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the master." - Darth Vader

"Only a master of evil, Darth." - Obi-Wan

The two warriors stand perfectly still for a few moments, sizing each other up and waiting for the right moment. Ben seems to be under increasing pressure and strain, as if an invisible weight were being placed upon him.

The lightsaber duel begins.

"Your powers are weak, old man." - Vader

"You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." - Obi-Wan

Their lightsabers continue to meet in combat.

NEWSFLASH

Of headbutts and people that could use a good headbutt:

The past two days have been a wild ride as far as reviews. And they are conflicting. Everything from best Star Wars movie ever, to right behind Empire Strikes Back as the best, to better than TPM but not quite like the originals, to downright biased Star Wars trashtalking (i.e. saying the movie is one big action figure commerical but lamenting that it isn't as classic as the originals; hello the originals were no more an "action figure commercial" than this one.) One elitist critic laments that the American masses will line up to see it anyway. I sense a tinge of jealousy, contempt of Lucas maybe? Naw. Say it isn't so! :rolleyes:

Rottentomatoes ranks AOTC with a 62% on the "tomatometer" with 5 "fresh" reviews and 3 "rotten" ones.

But this is no new news for SW. In the past critics have tore up SW films, while fans love them. I'm not just talking TPM. I'm talking the orignals, even ESB didn't escape the trash-talk that AOTC is now having to suffer through.

But enough about reviews, after all what counts in the end is what you think. I've got a question about headbutts. Yes, headbutts and the UK. What is up? During a fight sequence Jango Fett headbutts Obi-Wan, and this had to be edited out (1 second) or the UK wasn't going to get a PG rating. Sorry for being ignorant, but what's that all about?

2. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I'm number 301 to write something pointless on this post. That's an irony. For those of you who do not know what irony is, please refrain from becoming an English teacher. Especially an old one with dangly eyebrows who likes young, young girls sexually but envies Shakespeare's poetical homosexuality. The irony in this case is, you see, that the number 301 is also the number of times Hitler was drunk in three sittings. And they wonder why they killed all them Jews. What an irony. Huckleberry Finn, also. What a fraud. Like a television parody of something funny.

3. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Did you know that Leonardo Da Vinci had sexual relations with the king of France (can't remember his name)? He also wrote his notes right to left, and backwards!

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Don't tell me that Mona Lisa is in fact king of France?! :eek: :p

5. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

gee... no wonder she had a mysterious smile!
    :):D:grin:

6. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Four more weeks of school left and then I'm home free! Maybe I'll get my web page done finaly.

7. [​IMG] DRSW Ive only got 9 days left today.

-----
    School Admin Sucks!!!

8. *sigh*

OK, I wanted to take this oppurtunity to apologize to Tiamat. Sorry for all the messing around I've been doing lately. It was all in the spirit of fun, and I hope you forgive me. Thanks.

Peace :hippy:

9. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] ******
    DAY 5

(Spoilers if you've never seen The Empire Strikes Back :p)

Cloud City Gantry

As Luke walks through the control room's corridor, Vader lunges at him. Sparks fly as they duel, Vader gradually forcing Luke backward toward the gantry.

"You are beaten. It is useless to resist. Don't let yourself be destroyed as Obi-Wan did." - Vader

Luke answers by rolling sideways and thrusting his sword at Vader so viciously that he nicks Vader on the shoulder. The
    black armor sparks and smokes and Vader seems to be hurt, but immediately recovers.
    Luke backs off along the narrow end of the gantry as Vader comes at him, slashing at the young Jedi with his sword. Luke makes a quick move around the instrument complex attached to the end of the gantry. Vader's sword comes slashing down, cutting the complex loose. Then with ferocity Vader's sword comes down across Luke's right forearm, cutting off his hand and sending his sword flying.

In great pain, Luke squeezes his forearm under his left armpit and moves back along the gantry to its extreme end. Vader
    follows. The wind subsides. Luke holds on. There is nowhere else to go.

"There is no escape. Don't make me destroy you. You do not yet realize your importance. You have only begun to discover you power.
    Join me and I will complete your training. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy." - Vader

"I'll never join you!" - Luke

"If you only knew the power of the dark side. Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father." - Vader

"He told me enough! He told me you killed him." - Luke

"No. I am your father." - Vader

Shocked, Luke looks at Vader in utter disbelief.

"No. No. That's not true! That's impossible!" - Luke (with classic chipmunk face)

"Search your feelings. You know it to be true." - Vader

"Nooooooooo!" - Luke

"Luke. You can destroy the Emperor. He has foreseen this. It is your destiny. Join me, and we can rule the galaxy as father and son.
    Come with me. It's the only way." - Vader

Vader puts away his sword and holds his hand out to Luke. A calm comes over Luke, and he makes a decision. In the next instant he steps off the gantry platform into space. The
    Dark Lord looks over the platform and sees Luke falling far below. The wind begins to blow at Vader's cape and the torrent
    finally forces him back, away from the edge. The wind soon fades and the wounded Jedi begins to drop fast, unable to grab onto anything to break his fall.

Newsflash

Don't you just find that scene to be so wizard? :grin:

Tonight the "tomatometer" clocks in at 67% with 10 "fresh" reviews and 5 "rotten" ones.

But the best review I've read yet is an old 1980's review of Empire Strikes Back by the New York Times. Check it out
    here . It's obvious the reviewer didn't think too highly of it. And now twenty years later in reveiwing AOTC, many critics lament that it nowhere near the quality of ESB, yet ironically use many of the same arguments used against ESB! That's the critics for ya.

Hayden Christensen will be on the tonight show tonight.

10. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

LOL! :grin:

I have my ticket now :) Can't go earlier than Saturday though - I have exams all next week :(.

11. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

I just noticed something odd...
    Since when did Extremist replace Darien Noella?

...I'm scared now... :p

12. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I've replaced Darien? No way!

Well, if it's true...
    I guess I could slightly (ab)use that... bwhahahaha! :evil:

13. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

9 days of school left?! Lucky fucker. It's a complament, really!

Well this weekend will be fun. I have no time to do any of the home work that I need to do. After I'm done here it's more cleaning the house then preparing for guest's for tomrows party and todays get together. But it's all good and fun!

Forget school and party!

14. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Oops

I probably should have mentioned that I meant as admin. :p

15. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

8people: If it's not too late, I could help you with your bread project. I answer questions on baking and cooking problems for another web site (Allexperts.com) - I bake all my own bread and was professionally trained as a chef (not currently working as a chef though). So I'm qualified to help. Email me and tell me what you need to know and I'll give you a hand.

16. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

Do i smell the chicken? Well does it, Mr the monkeycow? Cat is tasty and good to eat.

17. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

:evil: :holy:

And it came as a surprise to me that angels are serious emotional manipulators...

18. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

I now am the proud onwer of the Empires most powerful wizard and the rule book. Now I'm going to kick dwarf butt! :evil:

[This message has been edited by DragonRider SkyWard (edited May 12, 2002).]

19. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

DRSW, finally :grin:!! Let us know how your next game goes.

EDIT: Here's a situation that could fit in with those Tech Support stories:
    *Background info* My mom had just bought a new colour ink cartridge for our computer because my little brother needed to print out some colour pictures for an assignment. My mom gives me the box of the new cartridge, and I take the cartridge out of the box and hand it to my brother. He takes off the clear plastic wrapping, puts it in the printer and starts printing his assignment. One page goes through the printer, and there's nothing on it...

Brother: Hey, the new cartridge isn't working!
    Me: Are you sure you put in the new cartridge?
    Brother: Yeah, stupid, it's just not working.
    Me: What are you talking about? It's BRAND NEW!
    Brother: I know that, it's just not working!
    Me: Did you take the little sticker off the bottom of the cartridge, the one that covers the part where the ink comes out?
    Brother: What sticker?

[This message has been edited by Faerus Stoneslammer (edited May 12, 2002).]

20. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

DRSW: You mean you didn't have the rule book before? :eek: I never would've guessed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.