1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Post for random babbling, possibly with some sense, #2

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jan 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

like a pirate and everything? :whoa:

so, bb is a bb fan then. ;)

[This message has been edited by the god (edited March 18, 2002).]

2. christopher_c_pitzer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

This is part of a relpy to the post WAY back on the military stuff. It was my experince that the scariest thing ever was any butter bar(that is a new officer for you civilians out there), period!! I was a M60 gunner, and the damn thing never jammed during a test fire. Exercises were a different story. The Army trains its recruits at an 8th grade level, scary thing when half of them can't setup a Claymore mine correctly, and they give these people live ammo. It is also my experience that the officers are always off doing paper work while we the enlisted trained. Then when it came time to be graded, they brought out the officer to lead us. Wouldn't you know it, the officer always F'ed things up and we had to spend 3 days pissing around in the woods while she dug her head out of the back side.

Now, on to things that bother me:
    1. Stupid people
    2. People who don't use headlights.
    3. People who don't use turn signals.
    4. People who wait for the last 20 feet to merge.
    5. People who drive 20 mph in the fast lane.
    6. Fat people who complain about being fat, yet they do nothing about it.
    8. Managers who thing they know everything, just because they are managers.
    9. Did I mention stupid people?
    10. Government beauacracy (sp?).
    11. Useless leaders.
    12. Liberals.
    13. Politics.
    14. Microsoft. (they should be in the axis of evil)
    15. Fanatics.
    16. Bigots.

I am sure I can name some more, but at the moment, I am thinking to hard and that just sucks.

3. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] damnit, didn't post over the weekend and missed the opportunity to post on the 'i want revenge' topic. :cry:

[This message has been edited by the god (edited March 18, 2002).]

4. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

You hate LIBERALS, chris?!
    -finally someone I can get along with...:D

Speaking of not being able to set up claymores correctly, a friend of mine in 10th Mountain told us a funny story about when his (platoon, squad, ?) was practicing setting up dummy claymores. Apparently one guy couldn't read the print on the business side of the weapon. Drill instructor came over, glanced at it and said, "Yeah...proceed," and walked away.

Hee Hee...

5. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Here's my favorite "bad officer" experience. I still grin my head off just thinking about it. There was this brand new, squeaky clean engineering officer who was made a full lieutenant before even doing basic training because the army was so thrilled to get someone of his educational background (he had a newly minted Masters' degree). This was a training exercise in deep deep cold (-60 degrees Centigrade) and we had to pull a 200 lb toboggan full of tent, fuel, stove etc in addition to carrying our packs, rifles and guns. Mr. Brand New Officer didn't know officers didn't do grunt work, and naturally :D :D :D we didn't tell him. The poor bugger pulled that toboggan for nearly 2 miles, trying to impress us with his physical fitness, before we finally took pity on him and ended his "turn" in the lead traces.

We were on trail discipline, light discipline, noise discipline, you name it, so we were silent and cold throughout the march. When we finally got to the designated site and set up camp, we had to wait for the CO to come around on his snowmobile and inspect our path to make sure we had indeed not left a trail that indicated our numbers. Naturally he was also glad to see we were freezing our buns off with no fire, and barely able to talk after hours of silence.

The MINUTE that CO was out of hearing again, the officer went into this frenzy of pulling "unnecessary" stuff out of the toboggan. "What the hell did I just drag for the last few hours? Fuel? Throw it out. Water? Get rid of it, we'll use snow..." like that. Then Mr. Cold Brand New Officer got a brainstorm: "Hey, everyone go find wood! They'll never know we had a fire!". (This is why we refer to officers as "the Heatersnakes" on deep cold exercises. :rolleyes:)

Well, we weren't exactly equipped for chopping down trees, what with being on light discipline, so we were hacking at fallen branches with a little bitty snow hatchet when it broke. So Mr. Desperately Cold and Regretting Joining the Army Brand New Officer says, "forget cutting it, just dig a really big hole, pull all the fallen branches and dead logs you can find into it, pour the fuel over them and set them ablaze".

... !

Which, this being a direct order, naturally we did. :D My God, I've never had so much fun in my life. I bet they could see that bonfire from Hong Kong. We were the warmest soldiers in NATO for several hours after dinner. (Normally in deep cold, light-disciplined exercises you are luck to even get a heated meal- usually you just have to keep your rations in your underwear to keep them from freezing solid- so this was very exciting stuff!)

When the fire finally went out and we went to bed, I was on sentry. Normally you lie there bored out of your tree for an hour and nothing happens until it's time to wake up the next guy. Well, this time the worst happened: I could hear a snowmobile approaching and then footsteps towards me through the snow: "Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

The Commanding Officer had fallen in our fire pit.

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    LOL!

I had a lovely morning... last night, I had to wash some dirty clothes pretty late, and I asked that one of the workers in the GH would put them in the dryer after they were done, seeing as I couldn't do that.
    So, this morning, I find out she didn't do that and I ahver to go to school in wet clothes, when it's darn cold outside... almost midssed the bus, even...

I. Hate. Mondays.

Ara
    (Sniffles, itches, and other stuff)

7. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Arabwel, you had no othre clothes to wear anymore? I though girls had whole secret lairs full of clothes.....

8. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I saw a van painted very oddly at church sunday. It had big pictures of a Pink Nun on it with the quote, "I fight for purity, truth and the absolute way!" and the address www.pinknun.com

Check her out! Funny and a good moral point ... how often are those two put together? :holy: :lol:

9. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I'm part kinder/human/dwarf. My kinder side lets me be wild and hyper. My human side lets me mingle with the humans. My dwarf side lets me look very menicing all the time. It's great.

On another note. I wrote a whole bunch of cuss words all over my old school feild saterday night. It was great. The next day I felt like I got hit by a bus. Today, monday, was even greater. I dont know why it just was.

10. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Barbecue for everyone. Its spring and SP is running faster than forrest Gump.

11. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] WELCOME BACK SP!!!

Long time no see, I've almost died...

It's good to be around.

/me does a happy dance

12. I was on the brink...of death.

No SP and no boards make Yerril go crazy...No SP and no boards make Yerril go crazy...No SP and no boards make Yerril go crazy...

[This message has been edited by Sir Yerril of Morningmist (edited March 28, 2002).]

13. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Sir Yerril: the site doesn't need to be up for you or anyone else to access the chat.

First of all, you can and should get a decent IRC client such as mIRC or Trillian. The instructions to set these up are in the community section of the site.

Secodn of all, there are various other sites with quickchats that you can use to get here, for example:
    http://www25.brinkster.com/eridain/quickchat.htm (Change #kitty to #sorcerers)

14. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Wow, thanks. Being too lazy to figure out how to get mIRC to function over the proxy firewall setup my Uni has makes me dependent on quickchat, and I didn't realise I could get in via another quickchat.

Has anyone else been suffering from my wierd problem - the site starts to load, but never gets beyond the black background - but loads completely in a new window if I do File/New/Window?

15. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Hmm.. it works perfectly for me, but then again, maybe that's because it's my site. Ah well :).

16. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I must say.... Very cool avatar Marnix!!! :rolling: :D

17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I have to agree, that avatar IS cool. :)

And contrary to the popular belief, not all girls own three closetfulls of clothes.

I was too busy to try to find anything from my closet, which looks even worse than my room. (People have said my room looks like someone threw a hand granade in there.... ha! I actually cleaned it up llast week...)

I almost made my so-called "personal counselor" faint, when she saw my room suddenly all cleaned up... :)

Ough, gotta go to philosophy class

Ara
    (Synchronity works, apparently)

18. C'Jakob Guest

[​IMG] Spring Break SUCKS; I'm bored outta my mind.

I'm actually contemplating about going back to school.

19. Silverblade Guest

Vacation sucks?!? What is wrong with you. I wish I had vacation (preferably Summer Holiday) Not having to worry about school, sleeping until noon and playing computer games all day, well that's living.

20. C'Jakob Guest

But when you're slaving under the vigilant eye of your overlord parents, it's a different matter. But Spring Break still beats school, I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.