1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Written Expletives

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Carcaroth, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I've got three of the 4's and a 5, two ideas for another four and a total blank on the 7...

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    @Gnarfflinger - the 7-letter word your looking for is the plural - put an "s" on the end of it and I'm sure you'll come up with it.

@ Everyone who never heard of George Carlin - totally reasonable if you aren't an American. While I would be surprised of any American never hearing of him, it's not like he's known world-wide outside of his comedy routines. Yes, Carlin does swear a lot, but he also tackles numerous social issues as well, usually with a very humorous spin.

@dmc - now I feel old too.

3. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Funny, my 7-letter word is no plural and has no s at the end. Looks more like an "e". Could be there are 2 7-letter censored words, eh?

Looks like the biggest group of voters is for spelling everything out in any case. Those of you who voted "Depends...": Depends on what? Whether you're writing a christmas card or posting in a forum?

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    "Better to let someone believe you are a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

In most circles, the excessive use of profanity is believed to be inversely proportional to intelligence.

My favorite Carlin quote:
    "The weather for tonight is DARK."

His routine on the difference between baseball and football is priceless:

In football the objective is to drive through your opponents defenses, penetrate the end zone and score a touchdown. In baseball you run home.

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    @Darkthrone - you're probably right - as the singular of my word would also be banned, and thus, it's really 6 letters.

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Arahar, most frequently used is the keyword of our censoring, as I explained above. That's not commonly (or ever, that I've seen) used around here. The censor only replaces with asterisks the exact word on the list, any characters before or after it don't get asterisked too. And yes, there's only one 7 character word on the list.

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Wonder if that word is *******?

8. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My, such curiosity.... So many people want to know, in detail, what they're not supposed to be typing. Seems to be an odd obsession.

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'd have given a list back at the beginning if I had any idea this be going on for so long, but hey, I'm not going to spoil it now. :D

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    ****, ****, *******, *****, ****, ****...

~Got them all!~

11. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

okay I've got F***, P****, S***, A******, C***

One to go :)

could it be T***

Yes got all of them.

[ December 02, 2004, 00:16: Message edited by: Arahar ]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  12. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

**** **** ******* .. just testing ^_^

ooh.. now only 3 more

hmm, I give up, dunno more than the 5, I suppose dont curse and swear that often.

[ December 01, 2004, 23:57: Message edited by: Lokken ]

13. Taluntain

Media:
    Yea, ok, I don't want 50 people testing it here now. :rolleyes:

Do it in Random Babbling if you must, and edit your post to something else after you're done.

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    hmm...ö after figuring out the last one, I have to wonder why it is censored... muight be the fact that I amnot a natve speaker, but at least to me it has never been an offensive word.

(and no, it's not just because I am... me, either...)

15. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Because Tal is trying to force us to speak properly. The word he wants us to use is Breasts or Mammary Glands :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  16. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    what, so if i wanted to talk about what my favorite sausage entials, I'd ahve to say "porcine mammary tissue" instead of pig ****? that's not fair to us typo-demon-farmers!

17. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

And I defy you to work on a farm without using the word "****" as it was originally meant...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.