1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Would you mind your girlfriend/fiancee/wife being a scantily clad booth babe?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by chevalier, May 14, 2005.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Of course there'a a difference between asking her and doing the same behind her back. Doesn't mean her consent makes it automatically right and proper.

2. Jathszu Khatharua Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Good question, chev. Can someone answer? :confused:

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Not to you maybe, but to them it does. And that's all that matters because it is their relationship and not yours, or mine. They have to set their own rules and guidelines that will work for their relationship.

4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I will attempt to answer the questions posed. The groom and bride to be set rules for their respective bachelor and bachelorette parties prior to having them. While they made the agreement between themselves, naturally the groom had to relate to us some of the things that would be allowed, and some of the things that would not be allowed.

Prior to this discussion going any further, one given in this line of reasoning is the couple agrees that looking at a member of the opposite sex in the nude is not cheating, but having sex with anyone other than your partner is cheating. If you don't agree with those rules, then read no further, because you won't agree with what I'm about to say.

One of the "allowed" things was going to a strip club. They decided that it was OK to look upon a member of the opposite sex in the nude, but it was not OK to touch. That's the first difference between a stripper at a club and a prostitute off the street: no touching/groping/grabbing the dancers in the strip club, whereas I'd imagine that would be allowed with a prostitute hired off the street. To some this distinction may be small, but I do see it as a big difference, and the prospective bride and groom agree. I think there's s big difference in looking at a stripper, and hiring her for a private dance when she's all rubbing up against you. It goes from passive to active at that point. None of us had a private dance at the strip club, so as far as I'm concerned, everything we did remained passive.

Secondly, there is a difference in terms of the different connotations of hiring a prostitute versus going to a strip club. There is a level of propriety at a stip club (speaking *very* relatively here) compared to hiring a prostitute off the street in terms of maximum escalation of activities. The MOST that can happen at a strip club is a stripper rubs against you. With a prostitute, practically nothing is out of the realm of possibility. Basically, since you're not allowed to touch a stripper (not even in a private dance btw - there's a bouncer outside the private room who will come in and literally beat the f*** out of a guy getting too intimate with a stipper at the stripper's first cry for help), then sex is definitely not a possibility. With a prostitute sex IS a possibility. So, if the groom told the bride that he went to a stip club, she KNOWS that he didn't have sex with anyone. If he tells her he hired a prostitute to strip, she doesn't KNOW that sex wasn't involved.

Finally, there's a big difference in occupation. I imagine the rate of communicable and especially venereal diseases is much higher among prostitutes than among strippers, simply based on the level of intamacy involved in their clients. I, for one, would have far less of a problem with a stripper rubbing up against me in the nude compared to a prostitute for fear that I may catch something from a prostitute. This is basically simply because of WHAT the prostitute may rub against you compared to the stripper. With a stripper, the most I've ever witnessed is the stripper rubbing her breast in your face. With a prostitute, well, I'll just leave that up to your imagination.

5. RuneQuester Gems: 9/31

@Chev'(mostly)

How is prostitution less moral or less ethical than, say, civil engineering or being a lawyer?!? I know there are religious objections and we have these "blue laws" that were basically brought forth by religious types but, rationally, how does one arrive at the conclusion that trading sexual services for money is immoral?!?

I can tell you why murder or robbery are immoral, without resorting to "It's in the Bible!" or somesuch. Murder takes away someone's right to live. You are forcibly infringing on an actual human being(not an embryonic cell or drop of sperm) and ending their life.

But prostituion?!? We are not talking about girls(or men) running up and stealing your wallet and leaving behind and orgasm!?! We are talking about consenting adults trading/bartering for services. It is no different than paying a physical therapist to help to regain your range of motion in your arm after a bad accident or paying a massage therapist.

6. chevalier

Media:
    Taking a new German regulation as an example, do you believe that unemployed women who reject offers from the sex industry should lose the right to welfare?

7. Dranalis DeAealth

Dranalis DeAealth Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc Veteran

I had a fianceƩ once who did topless moddling for an art class. I didn't mind.

8. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Chev - If she is unemployed from the sex industry, I imagine so. If she is unemployed from a non-sex industry, then no. At least here in California, an unemployed person does not need to seek a job outside of his or her area, so an unemployed accountant does not need to go to McDonalds to flip burgers.

9. chevalier

Media:
    Around here, it's different. In Poland, an accountant might need to go to Mac to flip burgers but the sex industry isn't allowed to recruit via the work offices for unemployed people. In Germany, they are. According to the letter of the law, rejecting such an offer should mean losing the welfare money. It's just they don't go for the letter, for all I know. Doesn't mean they couldn't...

10. RuneQuester Gems: 9/31

That is an interesting diversion there CHev' but, when you find the time, could you answer the question I posed to you?

Prostituion is the classic example of a "victimless crime". It is outlawed, not because someone's person or property is being harmed/stolen by the 'crime' itself, but solely because there is a large group of people with severe sexual hang ups they tie to religious convictions.

On a somewhat related note, look how many posts YOU make that have to do with protesting sex-related behavior. I can see someone being overly distraught over famine, natural disaster, murder, war etc. but to seriously think that "scantily clad women" or people who have sex outside of the Christian instituion of marriage is so worthy of concern...it boggles the mind!

The only thing I find more ridiculous IMO, is that an omnipotent God could possibly give a rat's ear what humans are wearing or how they are using their 'equipment' in the bedroom!?

11. chevalier

Media:
    If He already gives a rat's ear if we even exist, why not.

Prostitution reduces people to objects on both sides of the thing but especially on the prostitute's part, being reduced to a lump of meat. That sort of attitude towards the other gender, most often towards the female one, doesn't come out of nowhere. Where it starts, it's using ass instead of hands to bring the daily bread. Not like only professional prostitutes do that. It's already a popular part time job for schoolgirls. Not like schoolboys don't ever do that. Oh well. Everyone wants cash, no one wants to work. Anyway, sex is not commodity to sell, something the modern culture fails to grasp.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.