1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Wisdom Teeth Suck!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, Dec 29, 2002.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ugh! I just had all four of my wisdom teeth removed. When I was 16 my dentist said that they were coming in perfectly, ten at age 17 he said I might need them taken out, and now, at age 18, he said the MUST come out. Well, there out and now my mouth is killing me, so I was wondering how many of you poor saps have had your wisdome teeth taken out, and how your recovery went. :rolling:

[EDIT] I just realized why my mouth is killing me right now...I was supposed to take my pain medicine an hour ago. :eek:

[ December 29, 2002, 03:19: Message edited by: Kitrax ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 2 question(s). 31 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Wisdom Teeth Suck! (31 votes.)

Have you had your Wisdom Teeth taken out? (Choose 1)
    * Yes - 39% (12)
    * No - 55% (17)
    * Duhhh....What are Wisdom Teeth? - 6% (2)

If you did, how was your recovery? (Choose 1)
    * Great, my jaw healed really fast with minimal pain - 13% (4)
    * Good, the pain wasn't too bad - 19% (6)
    * Average, the pain was tolerable with some pain killers - 6% (2)
    * Poor, my mouth was killing me for weeks - 0% (0)
    * Really crappy, I think the surgeon screwed up, because I was in serious pain for weeks - 3% (1)
    * I still have mine - 58% (18)

2. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Huh, seems I was the first to vote. I still have mine, although they need to come out. But I'm so used to pain where dental work is concerned, I just ask for pain pills afterward and spend the next 24-48 hours unconcious...

3. scarampella Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I have not had them taken out because I haven't had the money to do so.

As well, they have come around to disturb me.. I believe they choose to move when I am under psychological, emotional pressure...i.e. when I was undergoing a week long 'interview' for a leadership position where I worked. Very bad timing.

Now they have screwed up all the orthodonture work I had as a teenager.

Yank those MF's whilst you are still on Ma and Pa's dental insurance plan!

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

My Mum's is coming through and she never shuts up about it, apparently they hurt if you drink coffee :coffee:

5. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Arent they supposed to hurt alittle when they spring forward? I had some pains there for almost a year before they were all out but now I am fine. Why do so many remove them?
    I would like to have a minipoll in the poll at what age did your wisdom teeth come? It seems like alot of people got them pretty late. Mine was fully out when I was 19. But I know people that got them at 14 and some at 25.

6. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I got mine at 14, still got them, and (I hope) I will always keep them

7. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

Mine are pretty much OK, I had them since I was in high school. They do hurt like hell every so often though, they seen to keep growing more and more :( . Of course anyone who hasn't experienced this won't appreciate how bad it hurts. Not mentioning any names, like someone I may be living with. Let's face it when these suckers hurt, all you want to do is take a load of pain killers and be left the hell alone. Some people don't appreciate that either :( .

8. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I had them removed when I was 14 along with some other teeth because my mouth was to small for all of them.

Yeah it hurt a bit and I couldn't open my mouth properly for about three weeks. But I haven't had any trouble with it otherwise.

9. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Had my wisdom teeth removed when i was 17. My mouth was too small, two where coming in sideways, one had a cyst on it, and the third was growing under a different tooth. They hurt like crazy for about 2 days, then I went back to school. Have not had a problem since.

10. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I still have mine and I am old! ;) :p

11. Rogue Rasta Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

My bro just got his yanked on the 23rd. Safe to say he wasn't a happy camper on Xmas eve or day.

Man I had mine yanked when I was 18, a long time ago and I don't remember much about the aftermath. Must have been those handy-dandy pain killers I was taking :xx: .

scarampella wrote:

Great point. The firm I work for doesn't offer a dental plan. I can't imagine how expensive that procedure would be with out insurance.

[ December 29, 2002, 17:10: Message edited by: Thorongil ]

12. Mortensen Banned

[​IMG] I had loads of teeth out when I was small so I actually only have 19 teeth. I have 3 wisdom teeth though so I've still got one to go! :wail:

13. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

My wisdom are actually coming in now---my gums are getting all puffy and sore, and I'm really irritable. My dentist (Three years ago? Two and half?) Told me that all my wisdom teeth are going to end up impacted and I'll have to have a root canal. Bastard was right. Now I'm just holding off until my dental insurance takes effect. :Grumbles:

[ December 29, 2002, 18:39: Message edited by: dragonjewel13 ]

14. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I will be taking all four of mine out in two months, so shouldn't really read this scary scary topic.

Initially I planned to leave them in, but something happened to my fifty year old aunt. She also kept them in and it was all good until just last year. Her wisdom teeth suddenly gave her problems, (roots of the teeth digging into nerve cells or something like that) so she decided to extract them. But in the process, her jaws were over-strained, so now she can't chew hard food.

This is what dentists are talking about: if you're going to take them out, do it while you are young. Or else "complications" like the one I just described might arise.

15. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I have never had any teeth out. Apparently though my lower jaw is about 3-4 inches smaller than my top one :jawdrop: I should have a brace but I threatened to attack the dentist if she came near me :thumb: also according to miss-dentist-who-thinks-she-is-a-genius says my teeth are abnormally sharp... maybe - but who cares?

Oh yeah - I think i have my wisdom teeth. and they are all fine.

[ December 29, 2002, 22:20: Message edited by: 8people ]

16. Pix Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

my xray a few months ago showed all 4 of mine are pushing the other teeth forward. a waste of my time since i already knew that from the pain. still have them though.

17. Stefanina Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Media:
    Mine didn't come in until I was 25, and mom's insurance was a long gone thing. Beyond the fact that they got cavities within a month of breaking skin, they're fine. It's the lack of enamel that makes it mandatory for them to come out, not any crowding in my jaw.

18. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Mine are still there but my dentist wants to pull one so it'll be easier to cap an adjacent toopth. Time to find a new dentist!

19. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

It just recently started to rise :( Realy annoying - cant chew ar eat anything without constantly hitting THAT spot.

But i like to be WISE :D ;) so i'm gonna have all of them :cool:

20. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Had mine out ... very little pain or swelling. My doctor was a gem (as my mom said, "when he's not on coke, he's a heck of a doctor!"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.