1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Who is your favorite/least favorite NPC in Baldur's Gate II?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Kovalis Darkfire, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Kyrie Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

My least favorite is definately Cernd the rock.

And my favorite... well... I'm not sure I should admit this since I was the only one who voted for him... and he's in first place as least favorite... but I LOVE ANOM- (get pelted to death with rocks before finishing)

2. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I like Yoshimo the best. Despite the fact that he betrays you he dosen't do so willingly. No doubt Jon lies to him, telling Yoshimo that the PC is an evil bastard (when the PC is good) so he would feel no regrets to betraying the PC. His alignment is really Neutral-Good as far as I can see, his personality is very similar to Imoen's. However he has to be True-Neutral in game to complain about the PC having too high a reputation, Yoshimo isn't comfortable knowing that he must betray this person.

I hate Nalia. In SoA she's too whiny about everything. You don't give a begger all your gold she snaps at you. She eventually becomes an arrogant mage...

3. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

dito with what Sarevok- said
    I was surprised how many people disliked Nalia, sure she is a useless thief, mage and human, but considering the whining incompitant pre teenage git of a mage/cleric is around I cannot comprehend putting Nalia as my least favourite.

go Edwin!!!!!!!!

4. The Netherlord Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Edwin definitely is the funniest and strongest character in my opinion. He gets my vote as the best one.

For some reason I just hate Jaheira, I just can't stand her... I killed her and kept khalid in BG1, and in BG2 I just kill her or leaves her to rot in the prison. Serves her right! While she is rather pretty, surely you can see that Viconia is prettiest, no? And she isn't as irritating.

5. Thais Paradox Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Most Favorite? Aerie, if not for the dialog then for the insane amount of spells she can throw around, expecially when equipped with the Robe of Vecna.

Least Favorite? Anomen. It would have been Keldorn, but for a Paladin he's not that bad. Anomen on the other hand always seems to be 'accidentally' run through by my party during the Copper Coronet battle with the Slavers.

6. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Best: Boo ..... err: Minsc. He is one funny charecter and great warrior too.

Worst: All LG and CE chars ... Go on get a life!
    (Would have added TN here but Jaheira :love: )

7. PrincessSuzie Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

best : Anomen - he's so sweet when he's in love
    worst : aerie - whining too much!

8. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    Favorite: Haer
    Least Favourite: Korgan, Anomen

Korgan: It's got nothing to do with his abilities - I just despise his personality. I don't hate him as much when I take Minsc along, though.

Anomen: At any time before he becomes LG, I am tempted to take his items, unmemorize his spells and have him walk to a village of goblins.
    But LG, I find him very nice to have around.

9. Shazamdude Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Favourite: Aerie. Great romance, especially in certain expansions that will not be mentioned in the SoA fourm. As for all those people who think that she's "whiny", well, she's certainly got every right to be a little upset, with the wings and all. Seriously, if you saved some kid's life, and it resulted in you being captured and kept in a cage until your legs rotted off, then I doubt your personality would be all sunshine all the time as well.

Least Favourite: Cernd. It's not enough that he's some deadbeat who'll run out on his wife to be "one with nature". Or that, as characters go, he's just a second rate tank. No, it's the dialogue. From a roleplaying perspective, I could never imagine talking to the guy.

PC: Ah, well, Cernd, time for your watch now.

Cernd: Truly, as the vigilant owl watches all that move in the night, so I shall keep alert, so that no evil shall approach. Should I see danger, I shall be as the rooster, to emit a loud noise to wake everybody to meet the threat.

PC: Ah... sure, whatever floats your boat. I'm going to bed.

Cernd: May your sleep be as peaceful of that of the hibernating bear, or of nature herself when the embrace of winter takes hold.

Me: Reforms party, kicks Cernd out.

10. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Haven't had too many different characters, but I liked Jaheria just because she is a good tank, and when it comes down to taking out wizards, she kicks arse there too.

Nalia gets the thumbs down just because she whines. If I have Nalia in the party, I just get my PC to load the crossbow and... :evil:

11. Symm Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Favourite:- Keldorn 'Sean Connery' Firecam.
    Disliked:- 'Whingy Whiny' Aerie.

I like good solid characters that are confident in their own abilities...Keldorn, Korgan, Anomen.

Not aerie fairy characters that whine all the time...Aerie, Nalia, Valygar.

Give me someone who, when I kill someone who deserved killing, will say "Good riddance to that scum, the bastard had it coming", rather than someone who will say "Oh dear, did you have to kill him".

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.