1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Poll: Who is going to buy BG:EE at time of release

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition' started by Blades of Vanatar, Aug 17, 2012.

?

Are you purchasing BGEE?

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    48.7%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    25.6%
  3. Maybe

10 vote(s)
    25.6%
  1. Dr_Asik Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

That's the plan.

Official forums are down currently, probably due to the sudden rush of traffic.

2. argento-dtw Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I won't buy it either, at least for now, even if a part of me feels the nostalgia to buy something with "Baldur's Gate" written on it :p

And now I just read above the word "DLC". The total opposite of what the "gaming conception" of Baldur's Gate was. Damn, they are following Bioware's path with that Mass Effect/Dragon Age thing.

I'd never encourage illegal software download, but sometimes software houses just deserve it.

3. Nekator Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

True... 20$ for a updated 15 year old game (most of which updates are free to get anyways) and the few new things are sold extra as dlc? come on...

4. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I didn't pay for any extras yet, just the Enchanced Version. I don't get what you guys are talking about.

So far, I have to say I am pretty impressed. The wider view is excellent, more portrait choices, more NPCs, BG2 Engine, more quests and the menus are a bit different but you adjust right away. The Zoom feature ONLY works with a mouse wheel, they will have to fix that in an update/patch.

There are little touches that are realy nice. I noticed when buying Throwing Axes for Kaigan in Beregost at the Smithy, there was another type of throwing axe that does d6+2 damage for sale. Monty has ** each in Shortswords and Slings, which is fitting for a halfling IMO. The creature placement is nice. When entering the crossroads south of the FAI, I spoke with Elminster and then I wasn't attacked by Xvarts or Gibberlings. So far, I have only encounterd single creatures when finding random creatures in the wilderness. The set encounters of 3 Hobgoblins were still there on the path surrounding the FAI. I created an Evil Skald. Added Monty and Xzar, then Viccy, Kaigan.
    I want to add Dorn, but he doesn't just join, he tells you to get lost. I will have to see where that goes
    . There is more, but I don't want to give it all away.

The location of the 3 new NPCs are...

Dorn -
    Found him in the FAI, but is not joinable, yet. TBD...
    Meera the Wild Mage -
    Beregost, I 'll let you find her...
    Rashaad -
    Nashkel, as soon as you cross the bridge, he is located immediately to the south, surrounded by commoners, teaching them about being a Sun Soul Monk. Very simple dialogue options to get him to join your group.

5. Trminator Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

I bought it, as I have several friends who bought it as well, (they never played the original before) and we intend to try out some multiplayer action before christmas.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.