1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Who Has NWN?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Mathetais, Jun 18, 2002.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I want to get it, perhaps I could get it and hise it somehow until mother is less suspicious of me and forgets about it...

2. Confirmer9 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I have it, play it, and LOVE IT!

3. Fritz Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I have it as well, i've finished the prelude and i'm halfway trough chapter 1.

4. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I have it, it just runs a bit slow, despite my best efforts. But I've played it on my friends p4 2gig, and all i can say is wow :money: :xx: :roll:

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I have installed it yesterday and not surprising I found myself playing half of the night.

NWN looks sweet on my comp (650 MHz Athlon/ 320 MB RAM/ 64MB DDR GF-3 - great investment :) ), only performece problem is that the vidoes are subject to stutter a bit.

Though it sometimes looks a little Diablo-ic it is definitely another class of a game than the former. Very promising, I'm just clearing the peninsula in Chapter 1.

6. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Yes, I have it sice tomorrow. Wiring a short story about it :)

7. Sirdan Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Actually, it hasn't arrived here yet. I am still waiting for it :mad: :cry:

You are lucky..

8. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I've had it for a week now, and it still doesn't work. I have a computer expert/co-worker stoping by to fix it, hopefully, if not I'll be buying my "wife" a new computer ... so that I can get this thing working!

9. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] Just bought it!!! :D

About to install. (I want to make the moment of holding the unwrapped game in my hands before ending the wait once and for all.) ;)

10. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] The box really threw me off ... its so tiny.

And the ATARI logo ... what did Atari have to do with it? My wife said, "What are you doing with an Atari game, we have Play Station!" :rolleyes:

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I love NWN! Played it yesterday, and the day before. All I need to do is actually get it now!

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Atari is a subsidiary of Infogrames.

13. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] I have just bought it and installed it. I thought I'd pass by Sorcerer's first and get the patch(es) before I first run the game.

:grin:

Considering the part of the world I'm in, the game arrived rather quickly. Next week, they'll be releasing WarCraft III, but that will have to wait...

:grin:

14. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I now have this wonderful game! And wonderful it is..yes indeed.:D:grin:

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Finally!

Read the manual yesterday and installed and played it today. Too bad most of the beginning is spoiled for me since I played the beta. :p

16. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!
    Just finished my mess around with the prolouge. Now i'm going to start my actual game as an Elven Ranger with long bow and long sword. Slight issues reduce enjoyment a tad. I've had to turn voice off because it won't work right and had to put music volume down to 15%. Also, a bit laggy but not unplayable. Even with these problems it's still sweet :D

[This message has been edited by Z-Layrex (edited June 29, 2002).]

17. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Got the german version today from amazon. Horrors, translations are awful, so, for all the germans around: Get the english version.

One example: As for the name of the game it is marketed as "Neverwinter Nights" in germany as well. However, in the manual is is referred to as "Niewinter", a correct translation of the word Neverwinter into german. Unfortunately though Neverwinter is not named Neverwinter because it is never winter there but because it was founded by some Lord Never, too bad, too bad :D
    There are plenty of little, silly errors like that :almostmad:

Games of that complexity are better played in the original, since the translators usually lack background knowledge and make ridiculous mistakes when translating - and even get money for producing such crap :(

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited June 29, 2002).]

18. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    you are totally right, Ragusa. Translated games just don't have that RPG atmosphere.

I should get NWN Wednesday 'cause when I went to order it today, the shopkeeper claimed it was impossible to get before Wednesday.

19. DinoTiggy1 Guest

I got it today, from a PCWorld outlet.

And it cost me £40.

Sounds a rip off, bit I think that it's worth it. But I'll still keep on playing BG1/2.

20. Turambar Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Anybody know when this game will be out in Norway, cause I am going nuts waiting for it....:mommy::rolling::mommy:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.