1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Which idea is better?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Tal Rasha, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

I am adjusting the balance of my mod. The poll is for this purpose.

If you are spellcaster, you have just summoned a Planetar/Deva. Before the summon spell expires,

[ April 03, 2006, 15:38: Message edited by: Tal Rasha ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 26 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Which idea is better? (26 votes.)

Which idea is better? (Choose 1)
    * Only I can not cast this spell(or the likes) . - 73% (19)
    * All the party member can not cast this spell(or the likes) . - 27% (7)

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Um, what exactly are you asking? The two choices are not mutually exclusive. And I also don't understand the caveat about "before the spell expires". IIRC, you can only have a single planetar at a time. You have to wait until the spell expires before casting a second one. Or is that the deva? Still you may want to edit the poll a bit because I have not idea what you're asking.

3. thetruth Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

He is asking how to make the summon Planetar,Deva spell working in his mod.

a)Should he make it possible for another spell-caster in the party to summon a Planetar,Deva while one is already summoned?

b)Or leave it as it is in the original game.Only one Planetar,Deva at a time.

PS : Tal Rasha correct me if I am wrong :D

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Leave it as it is, pal, legal multiple planetars would be overkill!

:eek: Oh, but the poll says the reverse! Do not listen to them! :p

5. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    It makes sense that only the caster could not summon another planetar/ deva. It would be extremely weird to me if a mage summons a planetar and then suddenly your cleric can't summon a deva anymore.

6. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

@henkie yea, but that would be a huge overkill like SilverS said

and yes i know you can cheese them in already

7. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Summon limits are :bs: .

8. Late Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Media:
    If someone wishes to ruin the fun with multiple planetars, then he/she should not download your mod.

Let's keep it real - only the caster can't summon another.

9. Xindell Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I always thought that it was BS that the entire party couldn't cast another one. Just doesn't make sense, IMHO.

[ April 04, 2006, 05:36: Message edited by: Xindell ]

10. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Planetar's are summoned by ONE Mage character.

Its not like all 6 party members form a huddle and start chanting stuff to call the Deva/Planetar...

AFAIK, the other people are in no way affected by the summoning of the Planetar...therefore, it makes perfect sense that each mage or cleric capable of summoning ONE and ONLY one deva at a time, can summon one...PER HEAD!! :evil:

11. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

Here are some of the AIs I give them:
    When HP less than 50%, run away.
    Cast Sanctuary/Invisible on self.
    Random walk to wait for next cast.
    Cast Heal on self.

I have tested a lot, this AIs make him/her survive far longer.
    And the Level 30 version is a Solar, he/she is stronger and smarter.

I think summon more than one of them is really overkill. (Every hit dispel magic and finger of death!) I have decided to allow all the party can only summon one of them at a time.

And since their gender is both, I will make them a random gender between male and female on creation. The result is that sometimes he casts with a male voice, while sometimes she casts with a female voice. COOL IDEA it is I think! :p

12. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

We must have Multiple Summons!! Noooo Tal, you cannot do this to us! :p

Ah well...I hope you dunno how to code so you disable Project Image's workaround for this particular limitation...

13. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

You still have multiple summons like skeletons, demons..., remember?

I don't think I will do something about Project Image. Sometime you really want this cheese, because fo desperation.

===============================================
    But one per head is logical. What right do I have to forbid another spellcaster?
    Ahhhhhhh, I am confused! What should I do? :confused:

[ April 05, 2006, 15:06: Message edited by: Tal Rasha ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.