1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Poll: Which do you think is the best Arrow and why?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Alien-_-Hunter, May 8, 2001.

1. Alien-_-Hunter Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

So.....What u think is the best Arrow and y?
    I like Ice Arrow becuase i have no clue why i picked Ice Arrow

2. Havok Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

The Arrow of Detonation is always fun. Just be sure of your range when firing, especially indoors. The back blast can be really annoying.

3. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I've always liked the acid arrow just because of the damage it does. The arrow of biting is probably better, but then they are sacracer and more expensive. The acid arrow is more widely available and causes great damage for the price. Just give me Coran with a bunch of acid arrows and a great bow and watch the pain :D

4. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I'm with Crawl in this case. Count one for the acids.

5. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Arrows of flame has the coolest visual and audio effects!

6. Christian Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I like acid arrow, powerful enough to kill
    :)

7. aeckler1981 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I prefer the Arrow of Fire. give me Khalid and the compound long bow +1 and the Guantlets of weapon expertise and I can rip it up.

8. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Dispel arrows get rid of those pesky spell protections.

9. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Arrows of slaying are handy against ogre mages....

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Why didn't anyone said what I gonna say:

Arrows of Piercing!

In BG2 they aren't that good as they were but in BG1, where your Thaco isn't very high, they are great, almost every shot is a hit, so it's great to disrupt the casting of a spell (and then you have to hit quickly)

11. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] One more vote for arows of dispelling. Very helpful. Arrows of detonation were good, too. I wish they showed up in BG2. Especially when you have four bow users in your party and they all have the detonators-fireball after fireball. Arrows of piercing are good, too. Anyone use those arrows of goblin summoning in IWD/HOW? Those are fun.

12. Ubull Ravenhorn Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Arrow of dispelling&arrows of Ice
    I don't like detonation arrows, because I use the AI, and the idiotic Kivan kills off everyone in 6 rounds...

13. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Always had fondness for the arrows of biting just for that bit of extra damage, but the flame arrows are the most commonly used i think, just because of the amount i always end up with.

14. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] My votes also for arrow of biting. The high chance of a hit and extra damage is very cool :)

15. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    count me in for arrows of biting, very handy!

16. Turandil Gems: 7/31

Biting agains mages, dispelling against your charmed guys and enemy mages. Piercing against high AC guys. Slaying against orge mages...IT depends on the encounter ye know.

17. Paedrag Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Arrows of Detonation, definitely. Especially useful against swarming low hit dice enemies like gibberlings and tasloi.

18. Valer Gems: 7/31

I admit I mostly use simple arrows...

19. Subra Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

If I understand it correctly, there is a save vs the extra damage of acid and fire arrows, but ice arrows don't allow save vs their extra damage. Ice arrows are painful on the receiving end let me tell you...those black talon elites are using them. :)

20. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Arrows of Biting are my first choice.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.