1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Where would you rather live?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Jesper898, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Cryo Mantis Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

FR. I'd like to live in one of the Ten-Towns of Icewind Dale. I like snow. Perhaps Lonelywood. Maybe Targos or Kuldahar...

Or the large town of Bryn Shander.

2. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Kuldahar isn't part of the Ten-Towns :nono:

3. Jolt Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Candlekeep or Shadowdale...id like to meet Elminster :)

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Forgotten Realms for me (With Dragonlance as a close second...) and there Waterdeep. (With, of course, occasional trips to Skullport :p )

5. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Forgotten Realms, cause I don't know the other realms (except DL).

The city would obviously be the well-populated Waterdeep. A room with 'Sea of Swords'-panorama.

6. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Forgotten Realms, though like Ara, Dragonlance is a close second.

I think I would travel some, making my way as a hired hand, travelling with friends. And the moment I got a rare enough book, I would so be in Candlekeep for a few months.

But I would see the world... Man, that kinda bums me out.

7. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I really don't know enough about many of those worlds, so based on what I do know, I'll pick Forgotten Realms. In FR, mystical and magical things seem to be more common than in the others.

I see Dragonlance as a relatively boring place where a common person like me would probably never see anything different from a farmhouse in modern-day Finland. Greyhawk on the other hand seems just like a cheaper version of FR.

Plus, through reading mostly Forgotten Realms novels, I've much more lore of the locations and characters I would find interesting there than those of other places. Basically, it would feel more like home than the others. And at least I'd have some idea of what I'd want to do there, and how to start doing them.

8. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Forgotten Realms, Mithril Hall when it's NOT under siege by evil humaniods :p

9. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    @Foradasthar, it is just that Greyhawk is older than FR ;)

10. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Planescape. A small cozy little house in Sigil. Go worship the Lady of Pain from time to time ;)

11. Nightal Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Swordcoast - Candelkeep

12. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I wouldn't mind living in the FR. For the city, I'd live in Baldur's Gate for awhile, untill I got tired of the Flaming Fist...then I'd either go north to Waterdeep, or south and check out the kingdom of Tethir, the Lake of Steam sounds relaxing...like a gaint hot tub. Or perhaps I'd go East to the lands of Thay and hang out with Edwin and the other Red Wizards. :rolling:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.