1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Whatnots to Split?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Dec 12, 2002.

1. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

well there is something to say for this, but then again I seem to remember a forum around here, err what's it called again? oh yeah, right Booktalk! :p It is weird but as soon as a heavily posted thread is moved here, noone dares to reply anymore (for fear of being a geek? ;) )

2. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

What are you talking about, the book forum rules. Just because it isn't visited often doesn't mean it's dead.

Now on topic: Split it!

Apeman
    (in defense of booktalk)

3. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well yeah if the idea works then why not. Sometimes it's pretty hard to foretell what is going to become a lasting discussion, what not.

4. aegron Gems: 8/31

[​IMG] Please Apeman, of course the Booktalk rules! thumbs up for books and talks about them! ;)

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yep, nice idea!

Reasoners Reclused
    Psychobabble (Alan Parson's Project :p )
    Owl's Growls

Whatever you call it, I like this forum allready.

6. aegron Gems: 8/31

sorcerer's serious side!

7. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Sorcerous serious side, sounds great or let's make it SSS (tripple S...........reminds me of Vin diesel......maybe not so good an idea then?)

8. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Go with the Brothel name!!!!

9. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

my suggestion would be "Uneducated Opinions" ... at least that's what I through out there.

To keep Bel happy, I guess it could be "Brothel of the Uneducated"

10. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I say keep it as it is.

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  12. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Good idea. Nuff said. :D

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'd like to go in there when its done - but I suppose I'm one of the spammers Joacqin is talking about - even though I try to be serious in them

14. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I hope you know that my point was that it would be bad to lose the insights of the so called spammers 8people :) .
    But now as it is decided that there will be one I hope that everyone goes in there and reads! Awarence is important people and if you dont use other medias to keep up with the world you should atleast use the tidbits SP can give you even if they arent topoftheline. Not to mention that it gives opinions from all spectra and from all kinds of people so you wont have to rely on one single source.
    Oh well enough of my pretentious ramblings ;) .

15. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Tal, even though you made this, it has to do with BoM, so shouldn't this have been in SS?

16. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Reepnorp does have a point Tal, or was the thread posted here because there more people in here to see it? ;) :p

17. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well it is a topic directly connected to the Whatnots section, and this way wouldn't it goes to the people who would be most affected, (those who frequent the Whatnots section)? Just my opinion. But what do I know.

[ December 20, 2002, 02:18: Message edited by: Kam ]

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Yea, theoretically it should have been in SS, but practically it concerns Whatnots as a forum and the people who only post in Whatnots (many of whom don't check any other forums), so it was posted here intentionally. (Kam is right.)

It's was a very 50/50 thing in this case, unlike with most others. Now that the deed is done, however, it is certainly fitting to move this post into SS. It has no more use being in Whatnots.

[ December 20, 2002, 11:40: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.