1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: What would your dream cellphone be?

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Disciple of The Watch, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    This!
    No serioualy just something that can phone I don't freakin' care if it's a camera or an iPod or it can do the dishes or has internet. It's freakin goddamn phone I want!

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Me too!

iTunes (rhymes with Uytuun's) works fine for me. I have now got 2 days worth of music on it (probably not much for you pros, but plenty for me).

I have never ever seen a 'phone with AIM on it.

3. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    For hardware it needs to have sophisticated speakers and sound quality so that I can understand what the other guy is saying, because I am half-deaf, I still am unable to communicate with a mobile phone, or any phone for that matter.

For the software, absolutely none, I'll program that myself :D It has to come with an assembler and a cable for access to the ROM chips :p and with a complete list of all the chips used in the phone so I can program them :p

4. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Tbruno wrote:
    Using your cellphone in a theater will consign you to the special hell for child molesters and those who talk in theaters. You have been warned!

Anyway, I like my Blackberry and I'll enjoy it for as long as I can, because it looks like the US version may be out of commission soon...

5. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Firstly, I DON'T CARE about price! Because seriously if this phone does all of this I would buy it right now! :D

My dream cell phone would have the following features:

*Like some sort of super camera, 15 MegaPixels or so
    *Video Camera and Filming with great quality
    *An electronic road map built in
    *TV with ALL CABLE chanels built in :D
    *Able to work anywhere at anytime in the world with 100% reception status no matter the plan or network you're on
    *Email, SMS, MMS, Video transfering etc etc
    *Infared, Bluetooth
    *Home Theater quality sound
    *HUGE capacity, hmmm ... bout 50 gig or so :D
    * I-pod style mp3 player built in
    *Connection to a PROPER internet where you can download ANYTHING you want without a purchase cost
    *Full help support with the touch of a button
    *Games in case i get bored
    *Ummm, being able to make calls perhaps ... :D

And LMFAO I just read a little bit above about someone who was talking about adding in an mp3 playa! LOL well ... I WANT ONE!

Btw the Razor looks ugly :lol: BAM!

6. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    First of all, I would like it to have a design similiar to the Nokia 6280(and here). It would have the following functions:

• At least 500MB of memory (at least!)
    • Build-in Mp3 player (of decent quality! = good sound, etc).
    • Build-in FM radio.
    • TV-access
    • Bluetooth
    • Full internet access (when they can incode internet in radio signals, then they can bloody well give us full internet access on the phone in a near future - if not already!).
    • All standard functions such as mail, sms, mms, etc.
    Give me this, and I won't bother you 'bout wanting new functions in a month or two :D .

P.S. I would (well :doh: ) of course also want the phone to be able to make regular calls!

7. Fly2tHeSkY

Damn Olim, could you copy my phone ANYMORE! :D

8. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Great minds think alike, and all :D :rolling: .

9. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

olimikrig: The Nokia N80 and N91 will be pretty close. :p

10. olimikrig

Media:
    Uh... Maybe I should check that one out, then. Just to droll over what I can't afford to buy :p .

11. Fly2tHeSkY

Sony Ericcson w800i is SEXY! Nice features too. Check it out and compare it with the absolute latest one and then tell me it's not like what I just described as my dream! :D

12. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    We have a Sharp GX25, but I would like one of the new Sony super machines :lol:
    The PDA ones

13. Fly2tHeSkY

Are talking about the little mini computer things that act like a phone? The ones that have all the feautures of a phone but look like a pad pc thingy?

14. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    That's the ones

15. Fly2tHeSkY

:lol: How exactly are they phones! They look too big to hold up to your ear so I'm guessing speakers or something?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.