1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: What type of modules do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Errol, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Ronen, If this module comes out the way I want it, then Spellcasters/Rogues/Clerics will have the advantage, because there won't be a lot of combat. :)

2. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

I'll try the Sorcerer then. :D :p :cool:

3. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] This was a well thought out poll, Gopher! :)

I prefer low to mid level character adventures or campaigns. The time before the characters are swamped with magic items. Magic items in almost every locked chest - like the NWN SP campaign, among others - is just awful. :bang:

4. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

That's a very good point - don't make it a monty haul. Getting a magical weapon, even a +1 sword, should be a mommentus occasion, rather than just randomly finding obscenly powerful loot in every other chest.

5. Errol Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] Yup, so far, when you start, your whole Inventory is stripped, and all you have is:

Old Tunic
    (-1 to AC. It's the only clothing you have.)
    Rusty Dagger
    (-1 enchantmnet, which is -1 to damage and attack rolls).

And so thorughout the game you will find things such as High Quality weapons, Low Quality, and if you're really REALLY lucky, maybe a weapon +1.
    The module is designed for 1st level chars btw.

Another thing, money will not be found in abundance, and ONE gp will net you a Good Quality Short Sword or something. Whereas you could pick up a Low Quality dagger for TWO cp (copper pieces).... most normal creatures won't ever leave more than 2-4 gp.

How does that sound?

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Sounds good. So is this mod designed to be a PnP style of game or online?

If its online, when is it and whose allowed to play?

7. Errol Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] It's a SinglePlayer module, but focused more on roleplaying aspects. There will be melee, but not much.
    Anyone who downloads it can play.

8. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Gopher, Make those swords you mentioned a litle bit more expensive :)

Don't make stonger weapons than +2(and the only +2 weapons should be special(a special history, not like they did it in NWN: this is one of many copies of blabla) or make them cursed(like the Berserking sword in BG1))

Anyways, my babling is done for now. :p ;) :D

[ August 29, 2002, 17:42: Message edited by: Fallen Paladin ]

9. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Alright, I'm currently working on a multi-chaptered project starting at level 1 and following the character through his adventuring life. Perhaps I can offer some advice.

Change the experience amounts. It should not be as easy to level up as it was in the original campaign.

The romance and party interaction is good, stick with it. I would have more than two henchmen, however. Three or four of each gender perhaps (maybe including custom targa portraits in the zip download?). Unless perhaps writing all this dialogue is too much work.

Set it wherever you want. I perferred to set mine onto my own world, that way I could have a bit more freedom with town design and such.

I enjoy cross-planar adventures and am into the Planescape-type stuff, so if you would include that, it might be a lot of fun.

Above all, make sure that you enjoy playing your module! If you don't, then nobody else will.

10. Errol Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] Yeah, I'd like to include at least Four henchmen, but that dialogue is very tedious, especially if you want a progressable romance.
    The first and foremost thing in the mod, is that it's single-player, so Henchmen aren't the biggest worry right now.

Cross-planar stuff would be amazing I agree, but that would mean getting several Hak-Paks and new tilesets, and even If I could do it, I'm not sure everyone who will want to play it would! But rest asure, the module is heavily influenced by Ps:T.

11. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

the project get's more promising every hour. PS:T has a great story etc... Just keep us a bit informed how it is all going aight?

12. Errol Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] "Waking up after a hangover isn't normally a pleasant experience, but you feel this one has really set the record. With no memory of who you are, or what you have been doing in this room for the past few weeks, you slowly and carfully stand up, ignoring the sharp pain in your head. Brushing the bottles from your blanket, you look around the room before you..."

I'm not going to give away any spoilers in the storyline here (mostly because I don't know all of it myself), but that above is what you see when you choose modules. But the following information is definetely going to make it into the module. I'd like to thank Headbanger, Uytuun, Fallen Paladin, Big B and Gnolyn Lochbreaker for their really good Ideas, and helping me go for this.

Mod Features:
    - Unique dialogue only before seen in the game Planescape:Torment, and the theme is influenced heavily as you can see above :D

- Magic Items are considered extremely rare in this module, and finding a +1 weapon would be extremely rare. The 'Magical' weapons will each have their own unique history and background. So you will not ever find 'Just another Longsword +1'.

- The Examine button will be used heavily, and if you expect to go anywhere in the mod, you will have to study your surrounding using this button. Other than that, Triggers that well...trigger Strings will be used to great effect.

- Focus here is on role-play, and don't expect to see combat until at least half an hour into the game. Most creatures will be unique, so (hopefully) you will never see hordes and hordes of spawning goblins.
    Romances are being considered, but making them will take a very long time, eating up yet more man-hours.

- Charisma, Wisdom and Intelligence checks will be made almost constantly in conversations, ensuring that no two goes through the game will be the same. This, and the choices you make in conversation, will influence what others think of you. :p
    People will remember if you have spoken to them, and you can ask them questions depending on the quests you are taking, because they will recognize you are on a quest. :)

- Quests are being taken very seriously, and there will be different ways of completing tasks, so you do not always have to kill someone to get that item etc. There will also be class and race specific quests, giving you more chance to role-play and develop your character.

A map of the area the module is set, The Sea Of Fallen Stars, in can be found HERE , in the top left (click to enlarge).
    Module starts in... heheh, not saying where!

That's about it so far, and I'm going to try to do my best including all of the above. The mod will take a fair bit of time, yes. But hopefull you will think it's worth it when it comes out.

Thanks for the help again!
    :thumb:

[ August 30, 2002, 00:54: Message edited by: Gopher ]

13. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    [​IMG] ooooooh, I can't wait to play it.

Thanks in advance for putting so much time and effort in the module, Goph :roll:

14. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I think the NWN toolset only supports gp, no sp or cp. Are you planning to script in your own currency system?

15. Errol Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] Hmmm...didn't think of that, and I wouldn't dare attempting that. Maybe I should make the realyl worthless stuff (Low Quality Rusty Dagger?) plot items, ie. can't sell for gold.
    Thanks Uytuun, but I have a feeling it'll take a fair while, as I'm working on my own. The beginning is still taking me a fair time, a I'm not too sure of what to do about the main storyline yet, if at all.
    More work...

16. Rastor Gems: 30/31

That must have been one heck of a night that our protagonist had Goph.

I like the magic weapon idea, PST didn't have many either and this shouldn't, but you should include two or three exceptional items.

Having the examine button being important is a good idea. I wouldn't mind having to smash up armies of goblins or somesuch. They are pretty common in FR, if that's still where it's set.

All in all, it sounds like it will be a lot of fun and I look forward to playing it when it finally comes out.

17. Errol Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] The point in the 'Drunk Last Week' start is that I can start the module however I want, with your PC not remembering a single thing He/She did, so you could jump in from another module without too many problems, although it was designed for Single-Player play with a new Character.

The module will also now include a lot of Description Conversation, so the moment you walk near... a pit for example, this will appear in the little Bar where attacks etc are displayed: "AS you walk near the edge of the rocky outcrop, you hear the stones and rocks around you falling endlessly down the pit to your right..." - and such things.

I forgot to add.... and partly Rastor bringing it up; you probably wouldn't make it throught the game if you did not use the Examine button. It's used to find clues, amongst other things.

Hmmm...I hope it sounds good to people.
    EDIT: Rastor, that's already been decided ;) You, Fallen Paladin, and Headbanger and Uytuun will get the module to test, at different stages. That's if you want it. I'd be grateful for any help I could get.

[ September 04, 2002, 13:48: Message edited by: Gopher ]

18. Rastor Gems: 30/31

So far I like how it's turning out Goph. How about adding me to your beta testing list whenever it's finished?

19. Deepdarkness Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

im not that experienced atthe tool sebt this souns like alt fhard work! im tring to make something even half that good.... around when i this going o be finished and wherecan i go to play it.? sounds like one of those games i buy at the store for $40... and play and play and play. i think that the enchanted weapon thing is probly really smart as alot of people will find some supreme weapon and go haywire... all in al it sounds like you have put alot of thought into this module and you probly dont need any help at all from me. but illl lend any help i can anyway as it sounds like a very hard and rewarding endever

20. The Grim Rippor Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] One thing I'd like to see: A house for the player to live in and stash thier stuff. Maybe even letters delivered at certain times? I'd doubt it'd be possible, but I'd love to see the ability to buy new furniture from a shop and put it in your house. Especially if you play online, then people could live with you :D I love the way how you're putting so much care into this module. As soon as I can get my savage 4 and NWN working I'll be sure to play this module :)

----Edit----
    You mentioned the start of the module and a lot of people chose the drinking one. I know its a bit too late and its cliched but how about this: You start off drunk and locked in a burning house. The door is boarded up (Is this possible?) and you must find a way out (Broken wall, cracked floorboard ect). When you exit, you find the whole town on fire, Dead people everywhere. Set off on quest blah blah think of a suspect hunt down blah later on find out that the person you were chasing down was innocent, but that YOU had actually destroyed your town in a drunken rage. How bout that? If I ever get NWN to work again I might just make it :)

Bah... Stupid Typos

The level 1 puzzle... Hmm... Maybe it could be that before the incident the character was super strong, but the beer, as seem as it made you forget what you did to the town, maybe it made you forget what spells you have/how to fight well ect.

[ September 07, 2002, 11:01: Message edited by: The Grim Rippor ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.