1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: What is your alignment (in real life!)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kelvon Shadowmane, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I vary throughout all the Neutrals, depending on whats happening, how I'm feeling ect.

Although most of the time I'm Lawful Neutral.

2. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I chose (true) Neutral. Im not always good, yet not always evil (but sometimes I am very evil(but never very good))
    Im not chaotic, because I generaly follow rules (if I think they are fair)

3. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Neutral good. I'm a goody two shoes...but I'm not all that lawful or chaotic either...soo...Neutral Good it is.

4. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Chaotic good here. People have told me that I have "a good heart with a free spirit", and I tend to think that I do as well.

5. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I always TRY to be a True Neutral...
    Most of the times I end up beeing a Lawful Neutral or a Neutral Good...

6. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Chaotic Neutral...
    I am prone to both good and evil behaviour, frequently varying, and at times both at the same (being nice to people (unrelated to the plan) while proceeding with various evil schemes, for example) but I always harbour a strong distaste for rules and authorities of any kind, except my own, whenever it applies.
    :borg:

7. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I'm considering a path as a Chaotic Neutral, but for now I'll stick to the "undecided", prone to anything, folow your natural instincts kind of path.

8. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well I didn't read any links. I've always thought of myself as Chaotic Good. Then again that alignment can be misleading.

I would accept very harsh methods of punishment and crime control. I believe in vengeance, I believe in justice by one's own hand when laws can't do their job for you, I believe in fighting evil with evil when other methods aren't as effective. Yet I do fight evil, and I recognize the need for laws. However, I know laws work for the good of the society, not for the good of the individual.

So put short: I would break any law, I would violate any person, commit almost any deed (save killing innocent children or betraying my friends etc) if it would bring more goodness to the world in my eyes.

There's a problem of course. I do view myself Chaotic Good because from that I fit the description of one following his own code, not the code of law or society. But what if my view of good was flawed? I might as well be neutral, or even evil... without realising it myself.

9. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Despite my career choice, I tend to be somewhere in between Chaotic Good and Chaotic Neutral.

10. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

chaotic neutral, suits me down to a t.

11. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Chaotic Neutral.

I usually tries to be good, but when someone do something personal to me, I can't control myself and usually kick the crap out of him.

NEVER, underestimate a 167cm tall and 47kg heavy guy, EVER.

12. Abomination Gems: 26/31

47kg? **** you're tiny. :p I could break you with my thumb and forefinger :D

13. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Wow, I'm the only one (yet) who sees himself as evil?

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Nah, Xei, I think I am evil... I am working towards Chaotic Evil, but since I am not yet powerful enough to get away with anything really evil, I am just biding my time.... :evil:

I wish my old katana-wielding companions were here, so we'd be more numerous in the evil regard.

Hmm... in any case, I promise that when I commit my first atrocity, you guys will be the firstt to know :p so i can make the alingment change to CE official :p

15. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Arabwel, I think you have evil confused with angsty ;)

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Eh, just how evil can be a person who likes chilling out with people, is generally cheerful and polite by default, occasionally caring for other people, even strangers? It takes more than schwartzcharacter fascination to be evil.

17. Arabwel

Media:
    Um, if I told you a tenth of the stuff that usually goes through my head iin an average day, I'd be banned on spewing such flagitious content on these family-friendly boards. :p

I mean it, I am evil. I manipulate, lie, scheme and don't give a damn.

*shakes her head*

And I don't do angst, i do morbid and macabre :p

18. Abomination Gems: 26/31

Chev's right. Being evil actually requires an almost sadictic attitude. You have to go out of your way to make someone's life miserable. To not help someone whose life is in danger isn't evil, it's more neutral. To actually PUT that person's life in danger is evil.

19. Arabwel

Media:
    Hmm... so you are saying that I am not evil, evven if I am a lying,c heating, stealing and completely emootionless when it comes to most people?

Darn. Got to try harder.

20. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think people overestimates what it takes to be evil and at the same underestimates what it takes to be good. I think there are very very very few good people in this world, most are neutral and many are evil. Just look at how easy it is to make a normal person do horribly evil things. Do you think the Treblinka guard who went home to his family in the evening stopping to buy some sweets for his children and tucking them in at night after a bed time story viewed himself as evil? Or the American soldiers who raped and burned villages in Vietnam? These are "good" people doing horribly evil things and are thus "evil". These are not isolated instances, a large part of humanity would turn evil if given oppurtunity or sufficient reason. People claiming to be good are almost always full of poo or quite often the ones who do the most horrid acts.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.