1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: What height are you?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shell, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

i tend to prefer the metric aswell...

and when speaking in terms of measuring, say, hight in the imperial system ex. 5'10'' don't you say "Five foot ten" or is the information of movies not correct!?!??

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Balle, you are correct.

3. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I don't rightly know, but between 5'9" and 6".

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Acording to my doctor's visit yesterday, I'm 6'4" and 175 Lbs.

Being 6'4" puts me in the same category as my oldest brother, who is an idiot...so since I was wearning thick socks at the time, I'm guessing that I'm still 6'3.75"...so I voted 6'3"... :rolleyes: :rolling:

5. Lawless Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I am 6 foot 4 inches but the last time I had a blood test at the hospital i got told I was still growing. So may have to update this. ;)

6. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I'm a little over five foot eight inches.

7. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Well, i don't know about feets and inches, only that i'm 182 cm. How much would that be in inches?
    I guess something around 6.8 or so :)

8. Prine Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Heck no, it's a little over 6'.

If you were 6'10" you'd probably have trouble fitting through doors/into cars.

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@Goli - About 5'10". *tisk* How do you metric snobs tell time? :p

10. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    :lol: I'm 5'8 1/2" so I rounded up - that works out to about 174 cm. And yeah, HB, I agree it seems like we have a lot of very tall people on these boards. Some of the women are even taller than me. However, I think I'm a little on the short side for a guy - I would guess the average hieght for guys is around 5'10" - about 178 cm.

But as Fel alludes to, guys don't care how tall they are, it's how long they are.

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Time is OK as it is, because minutes and seconds in groups of 60 align nicely with the 360 degrees in a circle. I'm not advocating a move to Star Trek time.......

12. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Yup, the Babylonians were clever like that. :book:

And if only King Henry I's arm had been 6" shorter, a yard would have been 30" instead of 36" and we could have gone metric back in the 12th Century! :D

13. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

5'9" 185 lbs of linebacker baybay.

14. theGodless Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Media:
    I'm 180cm, witch according to what I read here should put me somewere around 5'10"

15. Prine Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Depends on your relative distances from the ground, I guess.

:drumfill:

16. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

193 cm, so that would equate to around 6"3'
    vertical reach of 2.4m and a vertical jump of .65m
    BTW how the hell do you imperial guys to physics - if I had to equate miles/hour into meters/second everytime I had to do an equation I think I'd kill someone.

17. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I don't. I'm too stupid for physics. :D

18. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

@Stu When we do Physics we use Systeme Internationale Units the same as everyone else :p

19. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

in denmark we use m/s, i dont find it that confusing

20. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That is the main problem with the imperial system - the inconvenience of using it for any mathematical purpose.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.