1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: What do YOU do in real life?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Faerus Stoneslammer, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

What? There is a difference? Why no one told me that... :confused:

2. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

What is the difference between High School and Elementary School?

[edit] Product Warning: Hitting the back button causes you to witness the message you just posted. This can in extreme cases of stupidity lead to attempted reposting of same message, thankfully this is only succesful when someone has been painfully quick to reply (rarely but in this case true).

Translation: What a fool I am double posting by accident and suceeding due to someone having posted in between turning this post into a duplicate post. Damm.

3. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I think Elementary is the term for what I'm in right now, so that's what I voted. I'm in the last year of it.

[ April 14, 2004, 20:30: Message edited by: Xei Win Toh ]

4. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

what, no category for those of us who decided to can the full time gig for grad school?

5. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Hehe, ranked first in my grade at High School.

6. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

@Lazy Bonzo here in the US, elementary is usually kindergarten to 5th grade (sometimes all the way to 8th, depends on the school) and high school is grades 9 through 12.

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I needed to check two of them, but couldn't! I'm an Admin on SP AND I have a full time job. :)

8. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Same here, BTA - I'm a full time Mom in addition to collecting a paycheck. Commuting to my one job takes 15 hours per week away from my other one. :roll:

9. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I'm a freshman in High School, the 9th of 12 (13 if you count Kindergarden) grades, levels, whatever ya'll call it. Its cool though, im considerably passing.

10. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I'm currently in the 8th month of a "retirement" period. I decided that I had worked hard enough, and that it was time to take some time off. So basicially, I do NOTHING!

I was a real estate broker, and a real estate appraiser. Now I'm just a beach bumb.

11. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Irritate the crap out of everyone on the SP Forums!!! :roll: :rolling: :spin: :xx: :hahaerr:

Seriously, my third career is as a telecom analyst. Part of a dying breed. :(

My second was in bank management. :flaming: Hated that job.

I still want to go back to my first career, professional student! :grin:

12. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Why isn't prostitute on the list?

Full-time University Student here.

13. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @Rastor
    Had trouble deciding what to pick, did ya? :p
    You coulda just picked Contractor.
    Or Apprentice if you aren't very good at it. :p :p

14. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Full-time Undergrad First year student. Just started Uni a month ago too! :happy:

15. Judas Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Full-time computer programmer.

16. Dark_Schneider Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I work at a Dojo. I train and work with people, only part-time work though.
    -Dark_Schneider-

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I study law at a university, run some small website and do SP news apart from sitting in #sorcerers and muting while playing some games, posting things, or doing whatever on my computer.

The closest thing to a job is tutoring (English and Latin). Basic fee corresponding to $8 with change per hour (come on, it's Poland), no foolish taxes. Haven't done that for some time now, though.

Technically, I also do wepbpages, but I haven't got any money for any one I've ever done. Even though I'm technically in the pool and there should still be some adverts somewhere even.

18. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

This servant is currently learning physics.

Like chev, the closest thing to a job is tutoring, read: forcefully feeding maths and physics down the throat of angsty teenagers.

Sometimes I feel like a mercenary hired by parents.

19. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Full time Engineer/Fabricator and play guitar to.

20. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

A "high school student" at Paraparaumu College.

[ April 16, 2004, 01:28: Message edited by: Rotku ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.