1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: What character class are you planning to play in NWN?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Silverblade, Dec 17, 2001.

1. ArchAngel Guest

I am not sure about the 3rd. edition rule. But!

I'll lurk in the rims of Faerun as a F/M/C untill I have reached the xp cap at level 20, surviving on my own hidden by invisibility. Then I'll come forth to cities and lurk around, keep a low profile and defend the weak and fight for justice. As a one man army, never revealing my identity to the forces of evil. I might seek out AORTA and help them out as a renegade cop.

Chaotic good F/M/C

2. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I'll be playing a half orc fighter/necromancer or fighter/sorceror (not quite sure yet).

As for the "good drow" issue, there are a fair number of 'good' aligned drow out there. Elistraee and some of the other obscure drow dieties support such things. The vast majority of drow are Lolth worshipping scum of course. But Good Drow are as common as Evil elves or dwarves, if somewhat less likely to live very long. What is unique about Drizzt is not that he's of good alignment, but that he was successful in surviving on the surface. Drow PCs won't represent an abnormal number of 'good' drow in the total population, but they will likely be too high a percentage of the player population (from a "realism" perspective).

Aloha
    Vormaerin

3. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] first time on the NWN forum for me, and i must say, it looks to be a stunning game. ill go around as an elven fighter with rapiers (sweet spanish swords they are) and longswords. might think about making him a multi classed theif.

4. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

corbulo87 ... raipers (plural) & longswords??? How many hands will this elf of your have? ;) joking ya :lol:

I'm imagining an elf-octopus with spanish swords in each tenticle! "Hello, my name is Indigo Squid-toya. You stir-fried my father, prepare to die!"

5. buzz142010 Guest

oh, just the best class avaible in BG II...Paladin (Cavalier)...who needs missle wepons anyway????

6. Rathan Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

As usual I'll be playing with a LG Human Kensai, and if he dies then a LG Human Kensai/Monk. Then after either completing with one or both of these I'll play as a LG Half-Elf/Elf Barbarian/Monk or Barbarian/Cavalier.

As for the 3rd edt. rules:
    Are a human char. limited to only change class once during the game, or can you start as a Sorcerer then change to Kensai and then finally change to Druid for a Human Sorcerer/Kensai/Druid???

7. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I'm going to play as a female elven fighter/mage, they rock

8. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31

Rathan,

there is no limit for any race on the number or types of multiclassing options available. There are some incompatible alignment restrictions, but those are pretty rare. Barbs can't be lawful, while Monks must be. Paladins must be lawful good. Druids have to be part neutral (ie NG, LN, TN, etc). Otherwise, if you want to be a Wizard/Sorceror/Bard/Druid Dwarf, there is nothing stopping you. Its not likely to be especially effective, but its legal.

Aloha
    Vormaerin

9. Rathan Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Vormaerin,

Do you have any background information about the possibilities you have with the included editor (ie. higher lvl's (above 20))??

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Nothing except the game itself, that is. Here's something from the FAQ to burst your bubble:

What is the limit for multiclassing?

We will be limiting characters to a maximum of three classes. The primary reason for this is to keep the interface clean, easy to understand, and easy to use. Also, with the way the 3rd Edition rules are structured, characters having more than 3 classes find it increasingly difficult to progress due to experience gain limitations as per the 3rd Edition rules, and keep up with their peers.

:wail: ?

11. Aislaby Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I'll play an Halfing Thief of a NE slant. Elminster was a fighter, then a theif, then a mage and finally a priest (hes a priest of Mystra). Drow are genrally of a chaotic evil nature mainly to do with Loth but there are others who are of a less evil intent Drizz worshippers of Mask.

12. Magnus Magicus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Yeah, but he never played NWN...;)

According to the FR Campaign Setting, he's a Fighter 1 / Rogue 2 / Cleric 3 / Wizard 20 / Archmage 5 and has 4 Epic levels.

[This message has been edited by Magnus Magicus (edited April 28, 2002).]

13. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31

My bad, I was just answering the 3e rules, not NWN specifically. Should pay better attention to what forum I'm in. :)

Still, that's an interesting decision. They are right that its fairly useless to split beyond two or three classes. A dual or triple class character can generally keep competitive with the challenge ratings their 'real level' dictates, but when you are splitting your levels 4 or 5 ways, you fall too far behind in power.

Sorry, Rathan, but I don't know what they plan to do about "epic" levels or anything beyond the level cap.

aloha
    Vormaerin

14. Magnus Magicus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

This a typical "YCSI" answer.

Epic level and levels beyond 20 will not be supported by NWN (maybe in an expansion), but you can bet there will be people who will write scripts to make it happen anyway.

15. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] My first character will be a human paladin of Torm - Belisarius Durendal.

If he dies early on, I think I'm going to slip into my alter ego...Nimbul Alewine, halfling rogue extraordinaire!!! ;)

I'll pal around with my paladin halfling friend Ragusa! :grin: :spin: :roll:

16. VN3586 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

ill make a neutral good human ranger that uses mostly a bow, but once in a while uses 2 swords to attack. he'll have a wolf too

17. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] My avatah is a half elven bard, but beware. As a DM I an take over any NPC. That harmless merchant that you pickpocket might turn out to be a Zhent assasin or Red Wizard in disguise!

18. VN3586 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

HA! thats pretty cool

19. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Well who else could i play but Lazy Bonzo the dumb fighter whose only concern is getting the goods with the minimal effort and need of brain-power, Hack 'n' Slash all the way! :happy:

20. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm gonna play the eight people then perhaps make my friends and parents on there, then after that maybe my friends might get a go

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.