1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Warcraft II

Discussion in 'Warcraft & Starcraft' started by The 'good' guy, Jan 12, 2004.

1. The 'good' guy Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

What do you think of Warcraft II?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 24 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Warcraft II (24 votes.)

What do you think of Warcraft II? (Choose 1)
    * Fun - 67% (16)
    * Boring - 8% (2)
    * It's okay - 13% (3)
    * Other - 13% (3)

2. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Better then some, but not as good as the more modern games.

3. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

sorry

[ January 12, 2004, 21:47: Message edited by: Hacken Slash ]

4. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    It's a very good game, I've heard that it's great fun online, but I wouldn't know.

Edit: Woah, he must have replied as I was posting! Sorry!

[ January 12, 2004, 21:50: Message edited by: reepnorp ]

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Thank you for stating the obvious. Now, next time when you see a topic out of place, send a PM to any of the mods or admins, like the forum rules teach you. Piling up comments about how this is in the wrong forum isn't going to make the topic grow legs and move. And none of us in charge here need your insight on how this is in the wrong forum. So, any such comments are spam, pure and simple. And we don't like spam.

6. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

It sure was a great game back in the days. But games like Starcraft and Age of Kings quickly took over the genré I think. Haven´t played WC2 for many years...

7. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I used to play Warcraft 2 a lot several years ago, but nowadays it's unavoidably old game. Warcraft 2 was probably the first game I really liked, that sets in fantasy world.

I have lots of good memories about that game. And right now I feel old.

8. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

I still thinks it's one of the best RTS games, The story is still graet and the graphic is not good, but fun. I like the Cartoonish stile about it.

9. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

At the time it was released, it was great!

Now it is debatable I suppose, with sequels like StarCraft and Warcraft 3 out already.

Mine doesn't even work anymore, so I don't play it anymore. But from time to time, I still dream up a fun map that I could make. It's so much easier to make a map in Warcraft 2 than in Warcraft 3, probably because it has less features, and the simplicity makes it easier.

Oops... ideas starting to drift. I'll stop ranting now.

10. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

It was alright... but didn't both races have units with the same stats, only different graphics and spells?

11. The 'good' guy Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] Did you heard that since a couple of months WC3 out is?
    Does someone has that game, and can tell that person me how the game is?
    Is have found a demo.
    So when you know something about WC3, tell me!

Thank you.

12. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

13. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

"Since a couple of months"
    I got it in june 2003, over 6 months ago :) Where do you live? :D (no offense)

14. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

WC3: there are now four races to choose from. The strategy for each race varies, but the overall game play is similar to WC2. (Get resources, build things, train army, upgrade, attack/explore, etc.)

I thought the best improvement from WC2 was the campaign game. In WC2 I didn't really care about the plot; I just played the maps individually. In WC3 the plot was much better, with FMV's to link the plot and tie the maps together.

15. metal leper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I wasn't going to post because I havent played W2, but seeing as other people are talking about other Warcraft games...

I love Warcraft 3, though I enjoyed the bonus campaign in the expansion the most - its just an RPG without the strategy stuff

Warcraft 1 now costs £5 (presumably its just as cheap outside the UK), but I don't think there's a budget price release of W2 yet, so W1 is the way to go (not that I've even installed it yet, just bought it because it was cheap, will get round to it eventually)

16. Chevalier Mal Fet Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Warcraft 2 was one of the first games I ever had a LAN party with, along with the Marathon series. Back in middle school I used to get a game of four or more people going at once, free for all and teams.

It was a truly great game at its time of release. Comparing it to starcraft or wc3 is not really fair, since they both came years later. As for their impact at the time of release, blizzard wasn't nearly as big back in the days of wc2 and diablo.

17. The 'good' guy Gems: 3/31

Thanks, now I know if I should buy the game or not.
    I think I'm going to buy the game, or borrow it.
    Thanks everybody!

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I installed Warcraft II yesterday, and went thorough the first few missions... I like it. I've played a bit of Warcraft II (and observed it being played thorough) but for some reason I like WCII better. *shrug*

19. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I bought a budget edition of Warcraft II about a week ago for €5,99 and it's worth every cent.

I started playing the Human mission and the first few were easy. w in the 8th or 9th mission. I have to pick up some guy from an island and bring him to another island at the other side of the map while the way is blocked by a few Orc encamptments. This is the first mission that's quite hard to finish...

20. The 'good' guy Gems: 3/31

I've got a expansion from WC II, and there is the first mission a not big mission.
    And that one isn't easy too!
    But when you are a bit "in" to WC II, then you can handle it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.