1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Ultimate Evil Person

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Robert Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I find Yoshimo the most evil npc, That fu**ing bastard turned on me! Hmm A killing spree in the Radiant Heart, interesting....

2. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

a killing spree in radiant heart.....BAH....

If you are going on a killing spree i say you kill every god damn living thing in athkathla (that doesnt respawn). Spare a priest to get rep up (and to res) and spare ribald to buy\sell stuff and be sure you get all the items you need.

3. Arutha Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Some of you peeps are scary.

"Self-serving" IS evil. Valuing your own little self and comforts before anything else, THAT is what "evil" is about.

Both Edwin and Korgan fit that pattern.

4. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Every merchant is evil if you say 'self-serving is evil'. All the temples are evil too, you are on quest for the good of all, and still they charge you your last gold coin for a restoration or even a simple cure light wounds! O and for the most evil NPC's I nominate Neb the sick dwarf that killed a lot of children in Baldur's Gate and even now uses their souls for his own gains. And of course the master wraith who takes the form of Gorion to torment you. Talk about evil.

5. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I'd have to go with Edwin. Take away the whole Nether Scroll "incident" and the resolution of same, as well as the way his story ends, and what do you have? An egotistical, megalomaniac with a burning lust for power. He's more pure evil then the mindless violence of Korgan, he doesn't have the (justified) bitterness of Viconia, or the potential for good of either Viccy or Sarevok. Instead, he strikes me as the more behind the scenes type. Someone who would bide his time, manipulate others for his own end. In short, more like a "classic" villain. Anyway, that's how I feel. :D

Besides, Viconia is too cool.

6. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Wow. Korgan in a landslide. I really thought it would be closer. Sorry about having to wait a week for the results. I didn't mean to activate that feature - my bad.

7. night_hawk Banned

Korgan! everythin to him is money.

8. Maincarast'è Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Each ones are evil and egoist in their own ways. Sarevok seeks power, Edwin seeks more power, Korgan money and he'll do what he has to do to earn it; Viconia spits venom right to your face and you say thanks to her. To be evil does not mean killing everybody headless, that makes you a maniac, not better than a mad person with INT 3.

My character, for example, made Anomen fail his quest and then left him away; made Keldorn send his wife to prision and left him mourning; made everybody miserable for the joy of doing it and for egoism. I have one thing in my mind and that it's me, my selfishness makes me evil, and so with the other characters. I could not choose one of them. Not ONLY one.

Be careful, there are people like me out there...

(by the way, have you ever tryed to turn undead with Viconia having Keldorn near??, hahahaha)

[ September 19, 2003, 12:28: Message edited by: Maincarast'è ]

9. Trydan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I'm not surprised that Korgan won, and by a long margin. That dwarf is pure malice, but without purpose. Hurt and pain for its own sake - pure evil. Of course Sarevok comes close, but he is driven by power, not so much sadism. Viconia is just misguided, and a product of her race and past. Edwin is comparitively harmless.

10. Trimm Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I have to stand up for Edwin. He is devious and more intelligent than the rest. As a matter of fact, he is intellegent enough to keep his schemes to himself... to an extent. As far as being harmless, I don't think he could be taken out by Korgan or Viconia. The only way Sarevok could handle him would be the Deathbringer Assault. He is a Thayvian Red Wizard afterall. He definitely gets my vote for being the most devious,sinister, and self centered of the evil npc's. Just because his Nether Scroll quest had everyone laughing at him doesn't mean he's harmless.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.