1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Too Much Time On SP?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Kelvon Shadowmane, Mar 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] I think that SOME people that spend a lot of time on SP tend to consider themselves superrior to people with fewer posts and they also tend to become very arrogant and rude. I shall not give no names. But the question is:

Do SOME people tend to get arrogant and rude after spending a lot of time on SP?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 31 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Too Much Time On SP? (31 votes.)

Do some 'experienced' people tend to become arrogant and rude? (Choose 1)
    * Yes. Some of them do. - 52% (16)
    * No! None of them do! - 48% (15)

2. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

LOL If that's REALLY the case, then those people who regard themselves superior over others, because they're spending more time online then others, have serious mental issues, and could use some more time out in the REAL world. :D

3. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31

Either people are arrogant and rude (like myself) and act accordingly - or they aren't. My superiority has got nothing to do with SP. It's natural.

4. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Heheh... I guess that's one way of putting it. :D

5. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Its hard to know what a person really means just by what they are typing. Sometimes humour and personal views can easily come accross as arrogance in a forum, but can be taken much more differently in 'face-to-face' conversations.

6. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I usually take all insults as a joke...unless it is obvious its meant otherwise (not that I've ever been insulted here, its just thats what I would do), SP to me is a very light hearted place, and as such humour rules here! :D

7. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

I agree with you, Dave, but I was once on one thred that only a few visit often. Someone posts a pool to know if the peple that hang around there would want him to stop crouding everything with new threads or go one. Some guy with a lot of posts (and good repputation on SP, from what I've seen) bugs his but in and bothers telling that first fellow that only people that visit this place often will care if you continue or not. Like DUH! That's obvious, mister smartypants. But no, he had to be the "genius" and inform us of something that what very clear. And furthermore another smartypants-er that I really looked up to come to back up smartypants number 1. So I guess these people just didn't have where to post, so they considered that acting "smart" is better than shuting up.

8. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

Well, no offence, but that post there smells a bit like arrogance to me. Perhaps to you, it was obvious, but what if someone else did not realise this? Perhaps the person in question was only doing what they thought best?

9. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Like Cesard said, it is the interpretation of what is said that is usually the problem, if people could read others minds when they made a post alot of arguments and insults could probably be avoided, but we can't so these things are gonna happen and its ebveryones job just to ignore it and move on:

An insult loses power when its not noticed, it makes the person who said it feel silly, I think anyway.

Also, I have to agree with WotW here, that last post did seem to be a rather good example of what your talking about :D

10. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    If you have a problem with people voicing their opinion in threads asking for people's opinion, then you really ought to check your own arrogance level Kelvon. :p

11. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Arrogance backed by wisdom is somewhat sexy.

How does that old saying go..."A mind is a terrible thing to waste....or is it a waiste is a terrible thing to mind... :lol:

12. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    What a wierd idea for a thread...

What kind of replies did you really expect?

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

We are only arrogant because we enjoy our superiority and want to ensure that no lower class citizens infiltrate our upper class lounges.

Take Barmy Army for example. He supports the English rugby team so clearly has no clue about anything. It is therefore my right, nay, my DUTY, to put him in his place. If I don't, he might think he actually supports a quality team.

So by being arrogant, I am actually helping him become more comfortable with his lowly position in the hierachy of the world.

That is all.

You rabble can go back to your petty debates now.

14. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I know only one person who is a bit arrogant, and that is only when we start speaking about politics and US. Otherwise she is okay and I really try not take anything too seriously -after all, there are other boards, other people, and arrogance is the first step to doooom. :p

(By the way, Harbourboy... I'm not sure are you joking or not, so it might be a good idea to add 'razz' or two...)

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Anyone who can't tell whether I am joking or not is clearly an inferior being. You know who you are. :borg:

Check out some other Boards that aren't as well run as these ones if you want to see some real arrogance.

16. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    rofl :lol:

Excuse me Harbourboy, that's the current World Champions you're talking about!

Obviously, I am dissapointed that we are so **** right now, but we are just waiting to peak at the next World Cup. :lol:

We'll show you antipodeans how it's done again. Just you wait ;) .

17. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Ah, yes; compare one devil to another. "They have bigger devils at the other side of the fence, but ours are smarter." :shake:

Besides, it's not arrogance you see on badly moderated forums; it's just pure idiocy and/or bad keyboards that make you type all wrong. :roll:

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I usually notice arrogance and rudeness from the n00bs...the others (like Chev) are spammers and nothing more. :p :rolling:

19. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    We're not spammers! Well maybe HB is... :p

We're just are naturally waffly people.

20. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Thanks, DHB. I feel flattered. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.