1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Thoughts about cannabis?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by WiZinc, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

It's no worse than alcohol, infact it's better in that you don't feel like **** after a binge on it, the feeling and the effect it has on you is much more positive than what alcohol does to you. I think that if cigarettes and alcohol are legal, ganja should be legal too. It's not highly addictive, although it is addictive, I've smoked enough of it to know that myself, but addiction will only come from excessive use. I don't take much in the way of drugs anymore, but I don't rule them out, especially not ganja. An occasional spliff isn't going to hurt anybody, ask a doctor if you don't believe it, it's the people that smoke 40 cigarettes a day on top of a bunch of spliffs that get lung cancer. Everybody should try it, if they haven't already, at least a few times, then they can make up their own minds about it.

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ganja is a lot better than alcohol, you're right there mate.

Someone does a hit and run - is he drunk or high?

Some bloke gets aggy and starts fights with people - is he pissed or high?

You can't get rude and aggressive on pot because it is ****ing impossible. Weed has a much better effect on you than beer does. I just don't like smoking, never have and never will. I don't know why, I just don't like the taste or feeling.

3. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

"Human society will always have a drug problem unless life without drugs becomes a more attractive prospect to those concerned."
    -prot, K-PAX

4. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

The very nature of life often leads the best of people to need mood enhanchment of some sort or an other. Some people use booze to let of steam or to help them relax, some turn to religion to give them hope and comfort. Others may see a therapist or take meds such as prozac or paxil. Why marajuana has such a bad reputation I have no Idea. It has a number of medical uses, It can be used to produce textiles, oil, minor pharmaceutical products, and heavey crop growing is also helpful in reducing air pollution.

5. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    @Bassil: A cynic might say that marijuana has been given a bad reputation because it cuts into the profit margins of the big alcohol and tobacco companies.

6. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I would say that is not a cynical view, but rather a god given fact. A man named Gatewood Galbraith ran for governor here in Kentucky a few times on the platform of legalized marijuana, he used to say that the pharmaceutical industrial military complex wanted to keep this and other alturnatives away from the common man. That if we ever had access to simple agriculture base product that any poor person could benefit from both the production and use of it would completely change the power structure in this country.

7. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Just a quick update for those who give a damn, it's been two weeks since I stopped today, and I've faced some sleepless nights (I still occasionaly do), but apart from that, it's not so bad. My brother seems to be facing more difficulty than I am, however.

8. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Just make sure he doesn't go back for any sympathy smoking.

Also, you should try to make sure he doesn't get into anything else to cope with not having MJ (not suggesting anything about his will power, I'm just saying)

9. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Like hard drugs? No. I know my brother, he would never get into that crap. My will saving throw is just higher than his, that's all. :shake:

No, seriously, I'm sure he will make it through okay. He is my *brother* after all. Like me he has faced worst things.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.