1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Thoughts about cannabis?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by WiZinc, Nov 18, 2005.

1. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    This is turning into the pot smokers RBP :shake:

@ LNT

I can naught but agree with you,,,

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

@Oli: Agreed. I would rather call it a "General Discussion about Weed" :D

3. The Gatekeeper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Good topic, I am a stoner too and I am not suprised to see so many others smoking. For several decades marijuana has been the most favored "recreational drug". People are not so stupid as to fall for the occasional government lies that are spread about weed to get people to stop smoking it... people will continue to grow it until it is either legalized or people are killed for having it... And even then it will still generate a similar revenue.. I dont know about you guys but marijuana is a big part of my life and millions of other people all over the world... we will see what time has in store for us..

4. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

5. Disciple of The Watch

That was nicely said. Thanks for the link, Carcaroth.

Prohibition is stupid. Hard drugs screwed and still screws many people's life - it should be these drugs that law enforcement should fight against - not against your occasional pot smoker, who is just having harmless fun. I used to consume shrooms because the buzz is SOOOOOOOOO damn funny, but I stopped that. And I did so without problems. However, I never touched acid, cocaine, heroin or any of that crap, and I never will. I saw too many people destroying themselves with this ****ing junk, and besides, I've got only one damn life to live and I don't want to screw it.

Long live recreative Marijuana - Death to hard drugs.

6. Magelord Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The truth about Cannibus will tick you all off.

The information I am about to share is all true. research it for yourself if you have any doubt.

Cannibus is Illegal because of several facrtors.. but mainly
    Racism, Politics, War and Greed.

Fact.
    Hemp was the one the largest commodities back in the days of the confederacy.
    George Washington, the father of our country was a hemp Farmer.

Fact
    White people where called farmers not slavers, but they did nothing close to farming. They left the farming to the mexicans and the blacks.

Fact
    Farm workers "slaves" loved to smoke the crop. Mexicans where moving in fast in the southern states. Taking jobs as farmers and smoking weed. The White Politicians in the North feared the spreading of the mexicans and their weed and wanted to do something.
    The Tax was born.
    Fact is.. outlawing it entirley was out of the question... too many farmers grew hemp. By Taxing it, the farmers where protected, but the workers who took weed from the fields where not.

So when did Cannibus become illegal?

Fact - Prohibition
    When the Politicians outlawed Alchohol.. three things happened
    1.) The mafia sold it and got rich fast
    2.) people would brew their own.
    3.) people starting smoking marijane
    It was around this time that Alchohol was made to be OK.. and Canabis was put on Prohabition.
    But the Laws about cannibus where never truly enforced.. people continued to smoke it.
    Thw War on Drugs begins.
    The White House, hires a crack pot of a scientist, who after injecting THC into dogs brains determines that Cannibus will make you insane.
    So its printed all over,, that using Cannibus will make you crazy.. the term Wacky Tabbacky is coined and what follows is a mess.
    for over 2 years,, a large number of defendants claimed temporary insanity caused them to do their crimes. The smoked a Joint and went nuts.
    This freed 100's of murderers, rapists, and all sorts.
    Later.. Viet nam.. the Draft... Draft Dodgers.
    make Love not War, protests, riots, concerts, Marijuana.
    The Governement really stepped up the War against Hippies, err marijuanna around this time.
    And that war continues today.. not because of viet nam.. or racism but because of politics.
    Clinton " i didn't inhale"
    Truth is, Politicians are just now getting to the point that they will admit taking part in activities that are not very Politicly correct. But even so.. to let down their guard over the longest fought battle in American history.... no one wants to be the first one to let that happen.

The US Government has yet to provide any evidense what so ever that Marijuana is dangerous or even as bad as or worse than drinking alchohol or smoking cigerettes.

The Govt however will show statistics that they believe prove that MJ is a bad thing, including the alarmingly high number of people who have gone to rehab to try and quit. " which does not mean jack crap.. because when you get busted for having any amount of MJ on you that Judge will order you to goto rehab (yay! 1 more for the statistics).. not like doing it actually does anything for you." But the Govt would like us to believe that MJ is addictive and will cause your brain to die slowly.. they just dont want to prove it.

[ December 29, 2005, 22:51: Message edited by: Magelord ]

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Wow - what a way to make your first post on the Boards!

8. Magelord Gems: 1/31

LOL.. true..

I have come to the site forever.. never wanted to post anything till now. LOL

9. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Wow, judging from the posts everyone AND their mom does cannabis, but the poll results say otherwise...

I have never tried it nor plan to.

I really don't care if people use it, you only live once after all, why not live it doing what you want to? (as long as it doesn't harm anyone else of course :) )

10. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Aye, but it can harm other people. I wrote a paper (not a great one, but the facts are true) on effects of drugs on driving, and apparently smoking one joint slows your reaction time by 41%, and smoking two slows it down by 63% Personally, I don't want to be near that person when they are in a difficult situation with vehicles.

Of course, I don't care if people smoke marijuana in their homes. As long as they don't do anything involving other people soon afterwards.

As soon as they do, they should ban all three: Drugs other than alcohol result in 18% of motor vehicle driver deaths.
    16,695 people died as a result of drunk driving crashes (39% of all motor vehicle deaths).
    [Statistics taken from: http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/factsheets/drving.htm]

THESE ARE PREVENTABLE DEATHS. Had the person not taken that drug or substance, the people they killed wouldn't be dead.

11. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]
    That's exactly why it's illegal, because it can't harm you (by itself) in any way. Smoking can kill you, alcohol can kill you, guns (2nd amendment) can kill you, automobiles can kill you, fire (stove/oven) can kill you, etc. We like our population dead or dying, by gumm, and we won't have any of this pansy user-friendly drug! Stick some razor-blades in it, and then we'll talk. ;)

12. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I smoke regurarly hashis and i want to say a couple of things.
    First of all it is better to smoke weed than cigarettes because with one joint you can get "high" for more hours not needing another one.
    I'd rather smoke a joint and drink not alcohol than the opposite
    I never drive when i am stoned and frankly i know that many who do are more cautious than the people who don't smoke.
    But the bottom line is simple.
    If you don't exercise self control and restrain you can get yourself in pretty bad situations even if you don't smoke cannabis.
    So don't blame cannabis blame the person.
    That goes for alcohol too (allthough i am strongly against drinking quantities of alcohol)
    finally i still smoke pot, i have a work that consumes most of my time and is very difficult and object oriented (meaning i have to have very good technical skills and updated knowledge etc) and i really like when at the end of a long and tirefull day, i go home and have the choice to light up a joint and ease the tension out, nothing beats that.

13. Disciple of The Watch

I too avoid driving while stoned. I prefer to walk, because there's always something funny to giggle at like morons for hours. :shake:

But I definitively agree with Mithrantir - I work night shifts, and while the fact that I am nocturnal helps, night shifts aren't always easy. So to blow off some steam and relax, nothing like a honey-coated blunt (that's surprisingly good, try it) and a bottle of Coke Zero. And I'm not harming anyone by smoking my blunt in my living room.

Pro-choice, people, pro-choice. You don't smoke, that's your choice and fine with me, but at the very least respect MY choice.

Law enforcement should worry more about the hard drugs out there (crack, heroin, cocaine, PCP, LSD, that kind of stuff). Those screw FAR more lives than marijuana ever did.

14. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

DotW, I am perfectly fine with what you just said. As long as you are in your living room, and not somewhere you can hurt other people, it's fine. Marijuana can't kill you by smoking it (although, I'm sure its bad for your lungs), and it affects no one else if you are doing nothing out of the ordinary.

I honestly think we should crack down on alcohol and cigarettes before anything else... at least opiates and other hard stuff is illegal, so its not available to everyone, whereas alcohol is far easier to obtain and misuse. I'm not saying alcohol is bad when contained, but they should make laws for bars preventing the sale of a certain number of beers per person, and maybe the numbers (of deaths and injuries) would go down.

As more cigarettes, don't even get me started.

15. Disciple of The Watch

Weed certainly can't be worst to me than cigars possibly were, Saber. Can't say I'm sad to have become a non-smoker.

But I believe efforts should be split between alcohol, tobacco and hard drugs. All of these are, to a variable degree (highest for hard drugs), deadly plagues.

16. Magelord Gems: 1/31

Don't Fall into this trap.
    "Drugs" are more than likely to be 18% or higher the cause of traffic deaths. But "Drugs" does not equal Cannibus.
    X, Coke, Herion, speed, ludes, barbs, etc etc..
    I bet there are more traffic related deaths by Glue sniffers than there are by MJ Smokers. But who needs to see that statistic, it sounds better just to lump MJ with the other drugs and use them all as a single stat.

Be very wary of statistics.. read the fine print.. Their are alot of powerful, influentiual people who want to make MJ look like a deadly evil thing and will say or do anything to get that message across.

I dont smoke it myself.. I use too.. but then again i use to have alot of friends who had quality stash. These days.. for me to start again.. I would have to take alot of chances.
    For me.. MJ can be deadly. It can be deadly for you as well.
    Why?
    Well Imagine Milk was made illegal. That you could not buy it at the store anymore.
    So, if you want Milk, you have to buy it from some guy in an alley..
    But where diod this milk come from? how was it processed? whos to say thios guy didn't pee in it, or add water to it, or mixed in some old rotted milk to make a buc. How can you drink this not knowing what the heck is in it?
    Thats how I feel about MJ right now. I just dont trust that guy in the alley. Mess around with him and end up smoking a mix of Rat Poison and fabreeze.

17. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

While I agree that statistics shouldn't be swallowed whole, I think claiming that cannabis products don't affect your reaction time *at all* is ridicilous and against common sense. It reeks of an anti-authority attitude for the sake of it - not much different from some people's unquestioning anti-pot attitudes. Nothing what the other side says can ever have even the slightest fraction of truth. :rolleyes:

18. Disciple of The Watch

And that is the very reason why I recommend to all Mary-Jane smokers out there to start their own greenhouse. It's the only to be 100% sure about what you are smoking. I have been growing Blueberry for many years now, and I know that the only possible chemical in my weed is 20-20-20 fertilizer. Not to mention that is is *FAR* more economic.

19. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

You are in my mind :thumb:
    I prefer walking and listening to music (ipod rulez :) ) too, elevates the mind.
    I want to add that it is always dangerous to buy something if it is to be consumed by you or anyone.
    Are we forgeting the cow disease in France? and other parts of the world.
    Can any of you be absolutely sure for what he is putting in your mouth??
    I think not
    And as for the statistic above is the possibility of drug use for medical purposes being merged with the other drugs, ever considered?
    But please don't put Cannabis in the same spot as the other chemical produced drugs (Cocaine, heroine etc)
    Yes Cocaine is based on a plant Coca but the process that results in the final product that people sniff (mpliaxxx) is at least frightening.
    And i want to say one last thing.
    Here in Greece Marijuana (allthough is widely spread) is considered as a first step into the road to become a drug addict (that is heroine junkie etc).
    Which is the biggest lie i've ever heard.
    Because it is the stupidity of people that drives them to try these drugs out and fall in the trap.
    I have seen junkies (a lot of them and in various conditions) and i'd rather shoot myself than shoot my arm with a needle.
    There are people though that get eluded by this illegal aura, that draws them likes **** draws flies.
    I strongly believe that the many also who tried Cannabis and quit, did it for the same reason (illegal things tend to be more attractive and image builders :rolleyes: ).
    I believe that decriminalization of Marijuana would make a big portion of people not so interested in trying something they don't really want to. Furthermore it would save a number of people (with a psycological tendency to dependence) from hard line drugs because they would easily and legally find something that would give them that much needed high without the phisiological/psycological dependence that other substances do.
    But always there should be a measure ( excessive use is always bad for your health) even the air can kill you for that matter.

20. Disciple of The Watch

Nah, Creative Zen Micro rules. But that's another story.

Anyhoo, it is true and pretty sad that the myth of marijuana being a portal to higher drugs is still firmly believed. I agree with Mithrantir, no one forces you to consume harder drugs, this is a personal choice. No one forces you to snort a line of cocaine. No one forces you to take a shot of heroin (the very thought of those two things makes me shiver). And once in the trap of hard drugs... it is hard to get out. I have seen many people, both friends and family wasting their lives on hard drugs. The laws should be tightened around the fight on hard drugs and loosened on marijuana.

But I certainly am not an angel either. Shroomz-gobbling was common in high school years, just as pot smoking, and mixing the two together was (Free tip: Shroomz & Mary-Jane = One seriously ****ed up dude).

But then again, in risk of repeating myself, for all Mary-Jane smokers out there worried about what they are smoking, start your own greenhouse. It's seriously worth it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.