1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: The SP Order of Ancientness

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Harbourboy, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Lady Luthien Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

2. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hmm, All Power and No Responibility? Bah. I wish I didn't have so much freaking responibility. That's what happens when you live in the "real" world, you get a bunch of responibility that you don't want. Anyways, DG is very curious to know who's the people in the over 50 bracket. That'd be very good piece of info to know.

3. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I bet :D Haven't seen you posting in a while :spin:

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Wow! I haven't check the results for awhile. 7 in 39-55, and 2 are 56+.
    Some of us are more interested than others. ;)

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Maybe this poll has been going for so long that some people have aged sufficiently to move from one bracket to the next! ;)

Still, it is odd that none of these wise sages have come forth and shown themselves.

Probably they are wise enough not to waste their time with such nonsense. ;)

6. Kemkon Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

If only my parents would have waited 4 months to have me, i'd be the ONLY ankle biter :cool: ... As is, Im 12 :(

7. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

All Power, No Responsibility.

Being 18 is fun, I love the first few months after a birthday, you feel like you'll be this age forever.

8. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Man am I frittering away. Yep, that's turnip fritters to go with my banana and pineapple fritters! :D

9. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

@ Septic

Then you hit 19 and realise that it won't last forever :D

10. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

/me is 15, I just voted, and really shouldn't be dragging this back up.
    I don't like being 15 much, but at least, with my shiny internet connection and loads of free time, I can establish myself as a regular the coming years, before I get to waste my best years in college...
    Oh well, I wouldn't have expected so many gamers to be adults, it's commonly seen as a kids/teens activity - kudos to all you older gamers out there! that's the spirit :thumb:
    I'm hardly hormone-driven in RL though - although I make the most out of being hormone-fueled - game all the day game all nite! and spend the rest @ sorcerers! w00t!
    /me huggles the SP community as a whole.
    :borg:

11. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    OK, I admit it. I'm one of the two in the 56+ group.

12. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    That makes me feel better...I'm ONLY 35! LOL :lol: :grin: :spin: :roll: :eek: :rolleyes:

13. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Ah Ha! Finally!!

I hereby officially turn over my “Old Fart” crown to Madam Nakia Nightshadow. :D

The fact that she has less than 10% of my post count total is only an indication that she actually has a life. :heh:

14. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yeh, we now got this going in two places. Shall we start an "Old Fart" thread?

15. Splunge

Media:
    [​IMG] Nope, this one will do just fine.

...Oldtimer! :p

(Man, that felt good. :D )

16. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Splunge - admit it. You're disappointed that you can no longer proudly call yourself the oldest poster on the BoM.

Eventually we'll need to re-run this poll because people have started to slip from one category into the next . . . .

17. Splunge

Media:
    Au contraire, Harbourboy. I'm actually relieved that I can still play games for the next 10+ years knowing that I'm not unique in my age group. :D

18. Nakia

Media:
    Splunge, I plan on playing games for the next 20+ years. Until I die or they ship me of to "ugh" old peoples home. I will go kicking and screaming. You still hold the title of "oldest regular poster".

19. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Hmm ... I'm nearly 20.

Is that a good or bad thing?

Anyone here remember me when I was just a little irritating whipper snapper? :p

Hey Sir Bel, if you were to subtract my age from yours and go back to being 15, well 16 officially, you would be the age I was when I first joined SP. Awww isn't that a nice thought? :D :D

Nakia, wouldn't they allow you to play games in old people's homes? Or would you be forced to play scrabble and be allowed to win all the time and eat scrambed eggs?

20. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Nakia, I must say, the vision in my mind of a 55-60 year old woman kicking the ones that comes to take her to the retirement home while screaming 'Don't touch my D&D, be careful with that D8!!' brought up a lol or two inside me.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.