1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: The SP Order of Ancientness 2006

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Harbourboy, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Iraelonn Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I do remember that... I'm 28. :(

Youth is a precious gift one shouldn't squander. Well, at least I have memories! :p

3. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Mmm, I remember the 8-bit nintendo, though it was when I was bored with my Snes :shake: Back then I had both the Genesis (North American Mega Drive) and the Snes. Oh the possibilities!

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Gosh, I remember when computers were the stuff of science fiction. Right Boo?

5. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I'm 15 years old. Is there anyone over 50?

6. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Nah, 21 here. Well nearly 22 so I ticked that one. I used to have an 8 bit nes when I was a kid. The original mario games where if you died you had to start all over again... those were the days!

7. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Just speculation (realy) but what happens when/if Tal retires. (I realy am serious)

8. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

^Simple the world as we know it will come crashing down on our heads.

Now a good question to ask is who (aside from tal) has been posting here the longest?

I find it entertaining that I've been here about 10 months LONGER than Chev and he's got me beat by 12323 posts.

Hey, the 22-27 age group is only 2 votes behind the 17-21.

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I was thirteen when I joined these forums :lol:
    And I'm not in theory an adult :confused:

What is the world coming to?

10. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Common question. And the answer is Sir Belisarius.

11. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Hmm, perhaps I should have phrased that as who aside from (tal and the dwindling old guard) has been here the longest?

12. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Unanswerable. Where do you draw the line for "old guard", and what makes that a good place?

13. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Goodie! I was hoping HB would trot out his poll. I got my vote in but will leave up to ya'all to guess in which age group I voted.

By the way, Harbouboy, I did like the title 'Vernerable Sage' but that 'was there something before me' is good too.

Ah the Good Old Days when I played with those home made cart and horse toys. Other girls played with corn cob dolls but I could never be bothered with that sissy stuff. :D :evil:

14. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Well, newbie I may be, but oldie I also am. Let's just say past the half-century mark.

And I'm still playing with computer games.

My first computer was a Commodore. Some years after I graduated from college, I took a programming course at a local community college in which we used punched cards to run our programs.

Family had a TV when I was a child, though. Family story is, when radio was repaired in car and turned on for first time, I climbed around looking for picture. (No seat belts in that car.)

But as the saying goes: youth is wasted on the young.

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ah, Nakia and revmaf. Nice to see your input finally recorded. You veterans take your time, but eventually you get there. :p

16. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Doing the news clocks up posts very quickly ;)

17. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    So do prattling, murmering, spamming and preaching. ;)
    It's not only the amount of posts that amazes me, it's also the length of his posts.

18. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

But once I start, I can't shut up--oh wait, we were talking about Chev.

I like his points...

19. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    ?Out of over 10,000 members we must have more than 87 posters!

20. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

No, we can't cross the critical 1% activity threshold! It would be chaos.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.