1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: The SP Order of Ancientness: 2005

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Harbourboy, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I must be younger than you because in my day we had dirt AND a stick. And we were glad to have them too.

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Battle of the geezers! Two bits a ticket. Watch them whack each other with their canes, then forget what they were doing and wander off! Listen to them complain about a mysterious new joint pain, and regale each other with peculiar ailments you had never even heard of! (Nor would you want to. ;) )

EDIT: I got this image of two guys trying to out-geezer each other, and I just had to get it out of my head.

[ July 14, 2005, 06:58: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

3. Arifirh Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Right...

I had to get up in t'morning at ten o'clock at night, 'alf an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup o' sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down at mill, and pay t'mill owner for permission to come to work - and when we got home, our Dad and our mum would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

And you try and tell the young people of today that - and they won't believe you.

My money's on Splunge. HB's far too light-hearted to stand up to his mighty geezery. :D

4. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Now, now... No need to fight over it. I'm sure there lives a small geezer in all of us and if you harbour it well, it might sprout into a beautiful flower. :cool:

5. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    17...Youthful Rebellion...ok then!

Come my brothers and sisters...let us raise up against this mighty age regime!...

That a good enough rebellion for ya?!

only kidding...I'm a teddy bear...a human teddy bear...with furr and everything! :D

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Luxury!

The only time we got a stick was when our dad gave us one to beat ourselves with, usually as punishment for playing with the only toy we had - dirt! :p

7. khazadman Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Just another geezer here. In fact, I'll be 44 on the 15th, that is to say, tommorow.

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Happy Birthday - it is already the 15th today.

The Youthful Rebellion reaches 48%. Almost a majority. But it must be a concern that there are now only 2 people in the 12-16 category, especially as one of them is 8people who will soon be leaving that party. That used to be a strong part of SP. What does this mean for the future of SP? Who will Tal in his old age if there are no children?

9. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Happy birthday, Khazadman!

HB, I guess the 12-16 category either left or just grew older. I think that the lack of new games have decreased the inflow of young blood. It should increase when new releases come out. Of course, they may just have their priorities straight and are studying instead of playing CRPGs and posting on the boards. ;)

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Happy birthday, khazadman.

You young whippersnapper, you. :p

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Well I *am* still here and in the 12-16 category... But it's true I'll be 17 the 8th august. I'm eager to!

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Why is it concerning about me? :hmm:

Gods, I joined here when I was 14 :eek:

Shouldn't there be three people in the same category from this thread alone?

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @St. James: But 18 was the best time...

@kuemper: Yeah, GUI sucks. Children should learn their command line.

load "Windows XP", 8, 1 :p

@HB: Nowadays they just make you buy more and more powerful hardware. Back in the time, they worked in Assembler. As close to the processor as you could get. Today, it's more like someone writes a tool using a tool made with a tool made with a tool made with a tool... and the whole thing demands loads of libraries, running under Windows, which is written in C (already at least a second-level language for the core, never mind the flashy parts)...

Mighty Debt Builder. How comes I don't owe a penny to anyone? :p

14. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Mighty Debt Builder at 23 here :D

15. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I think I was 15 when I first found out about #sorcerers at EFnet, I was 16 when I signed up at the forum and now I am 21. SP veteran?

16. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

What?!? 21? Veteran?
    Why, kids these days are so full of the most intolerable notions! Back in my day, we felt lucky to make it to 21! It was an accomplishment! What, with the new fangled remedies and such, anyone can make it to 21 without even trying! Where's the challenge in that?!? We liked a challenge! And we liked dying if we were not up to the challenge!

Lazy, ungrateful, good-for-nothing pups! If it weren't time for my nap, I'd show you a thing or two!

/aging geezer staggers off, again

17. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    :roll: That's telling those young whippersnappers.

/Vernerable Sage rocks happily away.

18. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

22 & accumulating debt ... how does £20,000 of student loan sound for starters? :eek:

I need a job. Anyone have any suggestions? Other than wheel inventor, mammoth hunter or horse-and-cart driver, for all the golden oldies out there. :p :geezer:

19. Mollusken Gems: 24/31

What I meant by veteran is the years spent here on the boards and the IRC channel, not being 21 which apparently still qualifies me as a rebellion :p . I'll apply for a student loan next week though ;) .

20. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

21 & rebelling against everyone and everything :square: :roll: :rolling: :spin:

@Mollusken:
    Just being on the SP News Staff is more than enough to qualify you as a veteran. Keep up the good work, bro. :thumb:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.