1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: The Great Cellphone Poll

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Disciple of The Watch, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Thew new Sony Eriksson Walkman W800i looks the real business. You can store up to 125 songs on it and it works like an iPod, but also has a 2megathingy camera. It looks the dogs bollox, I might get one.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Once again, I am fascinated by the riches you people must all have to be able to afford to continually buy all these fancy electronic gadgets.

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    /me agrees with HB

the last time I got a phone was in 2003 and that was aan older model at the time. Just what is the POINT of packing everything into your phone?

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Heh. I never pay a phone full price, HB. I have contacts in that domain. The one phone that costed me the most was my VX-3200, and I had it for CA$75 in the first weeks it came out. Regular price: CA$230...

Nokia 5165? A buck fifteen.
    Nokia 3590? Free.
    Nokia 3595? 25 bucks.
    Siemens M46? 15 bucks.
    Nokia 232? Free.
    Panasonic Versio EB-TX-310? negative 25 bucks. I had it for free and with 25$ of airtime in it.

[ December 04, 2005, 04:12: Message edited by: Disciple of The Watch ]

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I also can't believe just how many cellphones you people have had in your short lives. I got my first cellphone 10 years ago and I have only had 3 in that time (and one of them was a work one).

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Time spent complaining to Customer Service: Priceless :lol:

7. Disciple of The Watch

@kuemp: :lol: Good one

Ha! I already said I was a *collector* of the damn things.

For your displeasure, HB, here's all the phones I've had in my life:

Nokia 232
    Panasonic Versio
    Mitsubishi G310
    Nokia 3590
    Siemens M46
    Nokia 3595
    LG VX-3200
    Motorola V120c
    Motorola V120e
    Siemens A56
    Nokia 5165
    Motorola i305 (Paid by the company I worked for)

Phones I intend to get:
    Blackberry 6710
    Nokia 6340i
    Siemens S46

[ December 04, 2005, 04:12: Message edited by: Disciple of The Watch ]

8. Harbourboy

Even if you have contacts in the industry, you must still have loads of spare cash to buy all those phones. Good for you. Glad someone is doing well.

9. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

:skeptic: Ya know? "It's people like you wot cause unrest." :shake:

10. Disciple of The Watch

It's a hobby and a passion. Everyone collects something, be it stamps, butterflies, beer caps, and whatever, while I collect phones.

It's a far more healthy hobby than booze and drugs.

11. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I preffer expanding my wine (booze sometimes ;) ) and metal CDs collection :p

12. Disciple of The Watch

:yot: CDs are evil. Nothing like vinyls. :yot:

13. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

You can't use a vinyl in a discman/car CD player :p

14. Disciple of The Watch

Agreed. But let's stick to the topic before eithet Tal, dmc, Beren or the BTA (I've got a nickname for him, but I'll keep it to myself, last thing I want to do is cross a mod) pops in the thread. Let us pursue this topic in the Sensorium...

[Right, right, like declaring that you have a derogatory nickname will get you on my good side :rolleyes: - BTA]

[It's nothing bad, BTA, but I've got a hunch you might totally dislike my kind of humor. - DotW]

[ November 27, 2005, 00:48: Message edited by: Disciple of The Watch ]

15. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

New thread for such posting created.

16. Disciple of The Watch

Back to the topic, then.

I'm looking to buy a Moto i530 pretty soon. I'm tired of flimsy plastic phones that almost stop functioning when dropped... whip out the big guns! This puppy meets military standarts for wind, dust, water and mud resistance... now that's a phone that won't die on you...

17. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

An old Nokia...a 3310 I think. The only one I've ever had, since '01 or something, only changed the battery. I resisted the whole mobile phone thing for a great many years.

We don't even have an old-fashioned phone in the house anymore, we got the line disconnected. For the last couple of years, every single call was telemarketing, polls or "give charity x some money." :flaming:

18. Disciple of The Watch

Heh, yeah... those blasted telemarketers... don't forget the surveys, too...

I too flushed residential line. I took a vile pleasure in giving the finger to those bastards Bell Canada... :evil:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.