1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: The Great Cellphone Poll

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Disciple of The Watch, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yeahm the very same. A much over-rated phone. Everyone thinks they are the dogs bollocks but really, they aren't. My mate has a Sony Eriksson k750i and it's miles better than my D500.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

It's so funny listening (well, reading) to you guys showing off about your fancy dandy mobile phones. They're just telephones, people!

3. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Actually, they are beginning to be more and more like PC's extensions. TV, radio, mp3, alarm, calculator, etc... Even though most of these features are redundant, it's the only way for the industry to develope and thus keep the prices profitable.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I think I've got the best phone because:
    a) I can send and receive calls
    b) it cost me negative $100 (i.e. the phone company paid me $100 to take it off their hands)

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I agree with Wirhe.

Being freed from telemarketers, surveyers and all that bull**** is a peace of mind that I wouldn't give up for anything in the world. And besides, it's also important to choose a phone you like, and not being stuck with a phone you hate like Barmy.

Call me weird, an idiot or a fool it if makes you feel good, HB, but I actually am a *collector* of the damn things. Some people collect stamps, some people collect insects, and I collect phones. I am always looking for more phones to add to my collection. It's my hobby.

And Barmy, good on your friend if he got a Sony Ericsson that works fine, the one my bro had was a ****ing piece of junk. They thought it was a factory defect, and they gave him another one of the same model. It was just as nightmarish. Not to mention the coverage completly sucked with this phone. As a test of some kind, I removed his SIM from the Phoney Ericsson, crammed it into my Nokia 3595, and my bro called someone. He was slack-jawed at the difference in sound quality and reception. He even offered to buy my Nok... but since my Panasonic died *tear* I prefered hanging unto it.

[ November 17, 2005, 01:08: Message edited by: Disciple of The Watch ]

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Let it be known across the net, that Disciple of The Watch is the official cell phone guru! :rolleyes:

I'm still waiting for a cell phone that has a built in can of pepper spray that geared towards women. First they mace the guy, then they take his picture, then text it along with a plea for help to the cops. :hahaerr: :rolling:

7. Disciple of The Watch

Heh, I might not be a guru, but an aficiondo (spelling?), certainly.

The pepper spray phone... it'll come soon enough. They have, after all, dished out phones for kids... that's right. An answer/call button, an End/Power off, a limited phone book, a "Mom" button and a "Dad" button to call the parents quickly. Not to mention the unremovable battery. Free with a family plan. Whatever. :rolleyes:

See it here

8. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I have this wierd phone form "Alcatel". Have no idea what model it is,and I'm locked into Telstra...Grrr,,, :flaming: Wish I could get a different mobile, mine only has the basics. No gimmicks or anything (except for three extremely gay games).

9. Disciple of The Watch

Blech, being locked to a carrier sucks.

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, eBay is probably the best place for getting a phone. I got my Siemens off eBay, for a pretty reasonable price, and in pretty good condition too.

Just my 0.02ยข.

10. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Hmmm...good idea, too bad I'm broke. :rolleyes: Ah well, it's my own fault. :D

11. Disciple of The Watch

You can find bloody ****ing good bargains there. I actually got that Siemens for a ridiculous US$5.

12. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I have a Vitel TSM 30, only sell by Telefonica Movistar, which cost me 12 Euros about a year ago, it has mp3 player (I don't use that, I have a Zen Micro to hear music), a camera (I don't use that, too little pics and bad quality, I have a very nice Nokia digital camera), radio (I don't listen to radio) and lots of other things that I don't use, it only serves its purpose: call somebody, receive somebody else's calls and send/recieve SMSs.
    I always wondered why somebody would want 340582 ring tones on his/her mobile or 23448 screen saver when you have your mobile most of the time in your pocket :D

13. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Instead of Nokia 6020 I bought SonyEricsson K300i.

14. Disciple of The Watch

You bought a Phoney Ericsson, Undertaker?

That's taking a serious risk. Hopefully yours won't suck as my bro's did.

15. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Time will tell :p

16. Disciple of The Watch

17. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Nokia 2100 . Does what it is supposed to do. And it serves as a torch as well. :shake: The battery only lasts for one day by now, though. I'll stick to it till it dies.

18. Disciple of The Watch

In all the time I have been into phones, Uytuun, I have never seen a Nokia dying. Hell, I still have my 232 which still works like a charm. Nokias are unkillable phones.

This reminds me of an anecdot. There is this lady who works in a trailer park, and who owns a Nokia 5165. One day, a *Two ton* trailer runs over her phone. Guess what? The phone still works! Sure, the LCD cracked, but the phone STILL WORKS after having been crushed by a TWO TONS weight. So, she calls her carrier to get a replacement. Since her term is long over, they offer her a Nokia 3595 for cheap. The lady, impressed by her phone's ability to survive crushing by a two tons weight, TURNS DOWN the 3595 and asks for ANOTHER 5165.

The moral of this story?

Nokias never die.

19. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

@DotW: Yes.

New gem :banana: 900 posts. Who's da man? :p

20. Disciple of The Watch

@Undertaker: That sounds like a rapper.

Best of luck, man... that was the one my brother had... they gave him a new one twice because of factory defects...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.