1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: The Great Cellphone Poll

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Disciple of The Watch, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Still using B&W display, HB? Heh. The Old Reliables.

I have an analog Nokia 232 in my wardrobe. It's big, it's ugly, the battery barely lasts a day, but I get reception almost everywhere.

Not even my former phone, a LG VX-3200 had such good reception.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yes, black and white. I have absolutely no need to be able to see people's phone numbers in colour.

3. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

LG vx4500 and Verizon (only company I get service at home with) and it is color.

Also have same for wife and 10 y/o daughter, and I pay lot to keep connected. :(

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Careful though HB, I had a 3210 and they broke rather easily.. as compared to say the old-school 6110, my beloved warrior-phone which was retired only when i graduated high school and drunkenly threw it out the window during graduation night :bang: our cell service provider is Globe. Our providers are all restricted to the local market afaik. There's smart, globe, sun and a few other minor players. I now use a 6020. I don't change phones often and I'm pretty happy with this one.

5. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

@DotW: I don't have enough money. And I'm not a mobile freak :p I use phone for only one purpose - calls.

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    My Blackberry is my phone.

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I have a Nokia 3310 and my provider is the Great And Ancient Ev..... errr, Sonera.

8. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I use a Nokia 6230 and my rip-off merch... sorry supplier is T-mobile

9. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Nokia 3330 on Orange. :cool: Not that I've ever used the WAP capability. :shake:

10. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Onkia 6822. Awful design.

Provider is Ancient and Great and Extremely Slow Evil... err. Sonera, that is.

11. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

@ Disciple of The Watch

It suits me fine; I have no money to spend before the change of year anyway. Besides, I will quite likely buy it used, so that's probably the best time to start looking for them in the auction sites (when people sell their old models from the way of new ones). ;)

12. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Nokia something or other (the bosses old handset - he gets a company phone upgrade each year, previous to this one I what is coloquially known as a brick)
    On T-mobile Pay As-You-Go (previously 1-2-1 before they were bought out.)

I don't use it much.

13. Disciple of The Watch

@Wirhe: Wise choice. I have a feeling that the refreshed Razr will have a pretty steep price tag. The best Motorola I can think of is the V60. If you don't need all the bells and whistles of the newer models, the V60 is a good, rugged, basic phone. You can find some for a reasonable price on eBay. Or, if you dig the color screen, the T720 might tickle your fancy.

@Ara & Magpie: Heh, good on you to hold to an an old reliable.

On a side note, it's surprising to see how many people have Nokias. What is this, some kind of conspiracy? :D

14. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I have a motorola... not a clue what model it is though, but ancient and low-budget. *shrug* Not like I'd use it for anything other then calling and the odd SMS message....

My provider is hi, dunno if that extends beyond Holland though...
    :borg:

15. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well...If we are going to start posting pictures here, I might as well join in! :rolleyes:

My first phone, which is my g/f's under my family plan is a Samsung E-715 My phone I'm using right now is the Samsung c225. It was free, and at the time of getting it I was working in a steel fabrication shop...so I knew I might break it, so I didn't want anything fancy, or expensive.

Now that my year contract is comming to a close, I'm think of getting a Motorola RAZR V3. I've heard good things about this phone...plus, it looks awsome! :thumb: :rolling:

16. Disciple of The Watch

@Kitrax: Like I said to Wirhe, if you want to get a Razr, wait for the updated version. It will feature a microSD slot, iTunes, and I believe the camera has been cranked up in quality.

Updated model of the ever-famous RAZR

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    iTunes? Why the bloody hell would I want that crap? I use my Zen Micro Mp3 player for music.

Also, if this "updated" version of the RAZR isn't offered through T-Mobile, then I guess I won't be getting it. :rolling:

18. Disciple of The Watch

T-Mobile offers the current RAZR, Kitrax, it would be kind of stupid of then not to offer the updates version, dont'cha think?

And if you don't need the ****ing mp3 player, the microSD slot can be used to store photos and videos too. GSM phones, as opposed to their CDMA counterparts, are not crippled.

What do I mean by crippled? Well, the LG VX-8100 that Verizon offered, there was music control buttons on the phone, but no MP3 player. Turns out that Verizon had crippled phone software and disabled the MP3 player. Telus are no better. Luckily, GSM phones are spared that crippling.

19. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I have a Samsung D500 with Vodafone. The phone is crap, I hate it but can't afford a better one right now.

20. Disciple of The Watch

The D500... the black slider? That's a pretty damn good phone, Barmy. If you hate it that much, get it unlocked and I'll gladly trade you my unlocked Nokia 3595 for it... ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.