1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Poll: The best thing to drink

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Mollusken, Nov 21, 2000.

1. sorvo Guest

2. Asmodeus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

A good glas of Saint Emilion Grand Cru 1989 or a handwarmed glas of pure Lagavullin 12 years old single malt both to be sipped near a burning hearth.....

3. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

ROOT BEER!!!!

SUNKIST!!!!

SUNNY DELIGHT!!!!!

PEPSI!!!!

I cant think of any more!!

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Lesse...

Alcoholic: Tequila Sunrise

Non-alcoholic: Water, orange juice, and Coca-Cola! Lots better than Pepsi. :)

Ara
    (Can diffrentiate between most cola drinks available in Finland by taste only, having done so since the age of 12)

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Oh, a reanimated topic - and it only smells slightly rotten :D

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, then :D
    non-alcoholic: A very cool Coke on a very hot day from a glass-bottle (no bloody Pepsi :flaming:) is extremely refreshing - though then even pure water is wonderful ;) Iron Bru and turkish Uludag are definitely weird! And the best soft drink anyway is either green-yasmine tea or 1st flush SFTGFOP with scottish water.

alcoholic: Kölsch beer is always nice, especially under the circumstane that can make me enjoy a coke. I also like a wide variety of other german and czeck beers plus a few dutch, french and belgian beers. English and irish beers, though a completely different kind of brew, are nice too. Red wine is great just like scotch - there I prefer Talisker, Laphroaig, Highland Park and others ... unfortunately I can only rarely afford them :(

hard drinks: Coffee is absolutely awesome, a little corrosive though ... :hahaerr: :mommy:

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited February 27, 2002).]

6. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

[​IMG] The absolute best drink to drink is WHISKEY!!!

7. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

As far as alcohol goes, I'm not much of a big drinker. I really dislike all wines and spirits I've tried, and I'm not all that hot on the weaker drinks either. I like sweet cider, and quite like the lagers everyone is fond of saying aren't real drinks. I tried a few stouts (Beamish and Guiness) and found them interestingly different, but they seem like a bit of an acquired taste to me. Generally I prefer soft drinks, which are what this topic is about anyway. I go for Irn-Bru and a variety of lemonade type drinks - I don't really have the subtlety of taste to tell different brands of the same kind of drink apart. Oh, and also tea. I don't go in for fancy stuff - I have no taste- Tetley teabags do me just fine.
    The reason I don't like many alcoholic drinks is probably because I've not been drinking long. I only turned eighteen in December, and before that I was apprehensive about being caught drinking underage.

8. sorvo Guest

Don't start now IronBeard! I started at 18 and haven't stopped yet:sosad:

9. [​IMG] I prefer (non-alcoholic anyway) pepsi over anything else..but will drink pretty much any soft-drink.
    Now alcoholic well...no beer, very bad taste(accidently tired it once when little--about4-5--..will never have it again). No boxed wine (another example of bad taste while younger). Scottish Whiskey is pretty good, if you dont try to down the whole bottle on the first try anyway. Im kind of suprised no one has said Crown and Coke, or some other soft-drink, that is pretty good to, also good with Mountain Dew.

/me begins to wonder about further drinking habits, considering hes only 16... :confused:

10. sorvo Guest

I had a friend that started drinking whiskey at that age. The first time we drank together him and I drank a bottle of Southern Comfort in 2 hours! This was my first whiskey exp at 20, and I spent the rest of the night in the toilet pukeing nothing(DRY HEEVES). He was fine and dealt with my mother who was looking for me at 4 in the morning.He's been dead for a few years now from a DUI Accident:angel:

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, I forgot to mention tea as well, but I am a bit choosy when it comes to tea :)
    I especially love green tea, with a hint of mint, withh lots of sugar. And never milk. Never.

Starting drinking, as in alcoholic beverages, before you're legal is pretty easy. I mean, I've been able to buy my own drinks in a bar since I was 14, and, actually, when I was 12, I bought a bottle of Koskenkorva, which is defined as "hard stuff", for my cousin from a liquor store...

Drinking is okay, when one keeps common sense in the game. :)

Ara
    (Skipping lessons.... I need a good kick on the head.... would give me a reason to skip more :))

12. sorvo Guest

Well it's not as easy in the USA as it is every where else:( No wonder why we have the worst problems;)

13. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The thing is, when you really need a nice cool beer, and you get one, there is nothing in the world that could possibily be any better except for a pint of a different beer (sometimes).

[This message has been edited by Christopher_Lee (edited February 28, 2002).]

14. C'Jakob Guest

Hmph. Only around 3 or 4 tea-drinkers around here. I really enjoy tea; it's quick, cheap, and healthy (I've taken to at least 3-4 cups a day). I also like plain ol' water and the occassional soft drink. I never really intend to drink liquor except a glass of wine everyone now and then.

15. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] wow CJ- an american who drinks tea! i'll send you a 'how to spell properly' leaflet and we'll make you an honorary briton. :grin:

16. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Goddy, did you not see my post?

17. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] sorry DS! ;) don't usually check through profiles- only inferrred CJ's nationality from the fact that he uses a Longman dictionary! LONG LIVE TEA!

18. total Guest

[​IMG] Pissing after it! :D

19. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Tea All kinds Earl Grey is best

Not much in the way of Alcohol but I do like a well aged Irish Whiskey

Soft drinks no thank you.

Coffee is a godsend.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  20. C'Jakob Guest

Well, I'm Chinese-American, so that's why I drink tea and everything. So you weren't far from the mark, Goddy. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.